About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-05, 12:35
Gnool Gnool is offline
Regular
 
Default I wanna learn assembly

I'll be using MASM32. I know very little about assembly, but I know a fair bit of Visual Basic. Can anyone suggest some good sites to go to or some good books to read? (If you're going to flame me go do something else cuz I don't want to read flames)
 #2 
Old 2002-10-05, 18:18
d1ng0 d1ng0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I wanna learn assembly

Hopefully these will prove useful to you... (and I hope the links work too)
http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/index.html
http://www.sxlist.com/techref/language/masms.htm
http://win32asm.cjb.net/

 #3 
Old 2002-10-05, 20:13
cense cense is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I wanna learn assembly

quote:
(If you're going to flame me go do something else cuz I don't want to read flames)


I don't see why anyone would flame you for a legitimate questions other than the usual "go search on google".

Go search on google.
http://www.google.ca/search?q=MASM+tutorial+assembler&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=
http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone5/index.htm

VB-MAN is morphing! dahn dahn dahn, oh look! It's ASM-MAN! <not to be taken offensively, just a joke>

 #4 
Old 2002-10-06, 00:34
Gnool Gnool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I wanna learn assembly

quote:
Originally posted by cense:
I don't see why anyone would flame you for a legitimate questions other than the usual "go search on google".



People on these sort of forums (computer related) tend to have a "1337er than thou" attitude when someone asks a question of any sort, and shoot the questioner down in a fiery mess. I did search on google, but only once cuz I was tired & it was easier to post a question here Anyway, thanks for the websites so far.

[This message has been edited by Gnool (edited 10-06-2002).]
 #5 
Old 2002-10-06, 01:41
Slyck Slyck is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I wanna learn assembly

Be prepared for the most frustrating troubleshooting you have every done.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-06, 07:18
Moderator
 
Default Re: I wanna learn assembly

quote:
Originally posted by Gnool:
cuz



this, makes people flame you.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-07, 06:23
Gnool Gnool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I wanna learn assembly

:| I will refrain from saying "cuz". (Why will this make people flame me?) Thanks for the sites, www.win32asm.cjb.net is great!!
 #8 
Old 2002-10-07, 06:55
Moderator
 
Default Re: I wanna learn assembly

abbrv. cn cse misunderst.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-07, 11:10
skalez skalez is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I wanna learn assembly

yeah good point. I really should stop that.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics