About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-01, 00:54
Who's Your Daddy? Who's Your Daddy? is offline
Regular
 
Default Zok - WTF?

Why did you close my other thread?
I wanted to know how many AMPs it would take so that I would *NOT* kill someone?

 #2 
Old 2002-10-01, 02:01
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: Zok - WTF?

If the people in bad ideas would know how many it takes for it *to* kill a person they would certainly know how many it takes *not* to kill a person. And by far better than most people in here would mind you.

Tell me how this is not a bad idea:
"I just don't want to make it too powerful, but I do want it to be able to put down a 230 pound drunk (not to mention my neighbor's cat without killing."

To be honest, bringing direct physical harm to a person/animal is not something that has to do much with tech and much more with bad ideas. If you want to continue to debate this I suggest you email me, I would be more than happy to listen to your complaints.

[This message has been edited by Zok (edited 10-01-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-10-01, 02:06
macdonalder macdonalder is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Zok - WTF?

I agree with zok... this one could easily get really messy...

do I smell burning flesh? *checks oven*
 #4 
Old 2002-10-01, 02:14
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: Zok - WTF?

And why is it that whenever a mod takes any action in any forum they always get a hate thread about 20 minutes later? Its not our fault's that you don't know what section to post in. I was not being mean or nasty, just moving a thread.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-01, 11:11
Moderator
 
Default Re: Zok - WTF?

quote:
Originally posted by Zok:
I was not being mean or nasty, just moving a thread.



 #6 
Old 2002-10-01, 16:58
Who's Your Daddy? Who's Your Daddy? is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Zok - WTF?

Actually Zok, it wasn't a hate post. More of a confusion post. I thought you had closed it.

But...you were right. The guys over at Bad Ideas (specifically rlpinca) were most helpfull.

So, thanks.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-01, 18:42
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: Zok - WTF?

/me nods
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics