|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-09-26, 03:22
|
cense 
Regular
|
|
|
|
IRIX 6.5 on Indy R5000
Ok, so I have an SGI Indy R5000. I got it from my friend's dad who works at the local University. Since the system was free, what i got was the box, monitor, keyboard, mouse, mic and IndyCam. The box has IRIX 6.5 installed. No IRIX CDs.
The shitty thing is that I don't have the root password. I have contacted the sysadmin there and he has given me several previous root passwords to try (6 of them actually) and none of them worked. I am left at the stage where I either have to find an illegal copy of IRIX 6.5 and run the rescue function or exploit the box.
I already know the IP address that it boots up with, and I've used nmap from my linux box to scan the ports. Lots of services are running, but most notably:
ftpd sshd fingerd rshd rpc
I know there are many exploits for most of these services. I have tried several exploits for the version of sshd installed and none of them work. I cannot properly determine the ftpd server and version.
Are any of you aware of any exploits for the aforementioned services or any other IRIX exploits? I've searched for quite a while and found really nothing but ssh that can directly apply to my situation. Alternatively, do any of you know where I can get a copy of IRIX 6.5?
Thanks for any help.
|
|
#2
 2002-09-26, 09:07
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: IRIX 6.5 on Indy R5000
sounds like a rescue disk time...
|
|
#3
 2002-09-26, 21:32
|
syphon detonator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: IRIX 6.5 on Indy R5000
i have an indy with a blank root password that i cant use because i dont have a monitor. hard disks can be imaged, you get the idea. the only issue is that its scsi and none of my other boxes are scsi. is there any floppy distos compiled for mips? if so your problem is solved right there
|
|
#4
 2002-09-26, 21:47
|
cense 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: IRIX 6.5 on Indy R5000
Nope... no floppy drive. The floppy was replaced with an extra HDD. No CD-ROM either. All i have is network.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|