About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-11, 23:26
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

How, if there is a way, can you turn a demo program - say, one that is fully functional but will only allow 60 seconds of recording [it's an audio program] and save/save as is disabled?

There's a program that is basically a virtual mixing board [MX51, by Minnetonka]. What makes it special [to me] is that one of the functions is a surround panner [where a regular stereo mixer has a knob for panning left to right, a surround panner is a joystick, so you can go left to right, front to back, or diagonally [front-right to back-left] - you get the idea.

I'm working on a new musical project and I've already found Cakewalk, Cubase, Nuendo, and others, but not this one [which figures since it's the only one that I know of that does that function].

I also know that it kinda goes against certain ideals I have to use a, um, er not-paid-for copy of something, but the dang thing is over $600.00 and I'm not going to use it to do anything that would generate any money for me.

[So I can justify it to myself - self deception is cool, eh
 #2 
Old 2002-09-11, 23:44
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

3 ways spring immediatly to my mind...

1) Find and download a crack

2) Find someone who has the full version and offer them $20 for the registration code.

3) Figure out what its been programmed in, De-compile it, find the code that places the restrictions on its use, and reverse-engineer 'till youve got the full version.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-12, 03:06
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

meta, search for the product at astalavista.box.sk

hopefully you'll find a crack.. the more popular a program is, the more likely the crack.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-12, 04:15
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

Sonic Foundry released a tool called Soft Encode, designed for mixing into Dolby 5.1. It doesn't look as intuitive as what you describe, but it appears as if it will do the job.

Check your mail.
 #5 
Old 2002-09-12, 10:15
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

quote:
Originally posted by ThetaReactor:
Sonic Foundry released a tool called Soft Encode, designed for mixing into Dolby 5.1. It doesn't look as intuitive as what you describe, but it appears as if it will do the job.

Check your mail.



I did, thanx. Though, well...

Check your mail

Soft encode, I remember now, isn't a mixing program, though in a sense you casme across something probably more valueable.

What it is is a Dolby encoder; not the pro logic one [that is little more than a better quad matrix system].

This is for the AC-3 system; a real discrete [sp]surround system. It's what the pro's use and Dolby charges an arm and a leg to license mit [we're talking about $600 for CD and $1500 + for DVD encoding].


Winter > Thanks I shall look for that.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-14, 02:47
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

What's the name of the program?
 #7 
Old 2002-09-14, 06:40
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

It's called: MX51, by Minnetonka

It's way too cool [if you're a musician mostly, I guess].

Check it out at Minnetonka


**: I'd just like you all to note that, even though the above information was also in my original post, I still answered the question.

And without any flaming.

I believe everyone makes mistakes [If I can make a mistake; Me: an Italian then anyone can and is should be given slack.


It's when displays of ignorance is coupled with unjustified arrogance [as judged by others, not the offender] and/or displays an ego larger than past shown wisdom can warrant; well then I let go with both guns.

I won't mention any names because even Trog & Brent deserve an occasional break*
 #8 
Old 2002-09-15, 04:05
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

Hey im here to help you. I like posts that are like bikinis, short enough to get my attention, long enough to get the point across...

This is the first program where I could not find a serial for! This is crazy, are you sure that's the name?
 #9 
Old 2002-09-17, 06:28
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

Um, perhaps I messed up the link; this time I'll test it first [as I should have done, though come to think of it, I thought I did. Hmm. Oh well].

Oh, perchance, you didn't catch that there was a link?

No insult or flame intended: It's an honest question.

No matter: I'll do it again. Next time you see the word "Minnetonka" [it should be in white, too], select it.

That will take you to where you can check the program out and also download the demo.

Ok, ready [I'm just having a little fun, really: no offence intended].

Right then, here it comes:

Minnetonka
 #10 
Old 2002-09-18, 01:03
ThunderChunky ThunderChunky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

Is that software available in stores or is there a "full" version. I ask that because if there is it might just be easier to download it through kazaa or something like it.
 #11 
Old 2002-09-19, 01:17
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

Yes, Guitar Center, for one, carries it [or so says the manuf. web site].

I've just started checking things out and ran out of time [need to leave work. Oh well, I'll continue at home, but it's sure a drag to go all day with a T3 and then have to go home to 56K ;(


What I saw, though is that it works with some kinda Parallel port dongle[s]!

How bloody archaic!

Anyway I couldn't use kazaa at work: firewall. And 56k is just toooo slow.

I will continue this when I get home - don't want to miss the bus [last one of the night and it's gonna be close
 #12 
Old 2002-09-19, 19:08
neville122333 neville122333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

quote:
Originally posted by Metaphysicist:
How, if there is a way, can you turn a demo program - say, one that is fully functional but will only allow 60 seconds of recording [it's an audio program] and save/save as is disabled?




Yeah I'll give you a way:

You walk into your average gaming shop, and you either buy or nick the game(ur choice on that one) just like a normal US citizen, that is, if my perception of a normal US citizen is correct.
 #13 
Old 2002-09-19, 23:45
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

quote:
Originally posted by neville122333:
Yeah I'll give you a way:

You walk into your average gaming shop, and you either buy or nick the game(ur choice on that one) just like a normal US citizen, that is, if my perception of a normal US citizen is correct.



Oh Bravo!

Did you stay up all night thinking just how to phrase that piece of witticism there?

Or are you a natural at it?

First of all, it ain't no piddly-ass game: this is a piece of software for audio professionals [and hobbyists with comfortable bank accounts]. Meaning you can automatically add a decimal place or two to any price you may have thought it would cost: pretty damn close to a grand.

Second of all, I have spent most of my life Not doing what the normal US citizen would do.
 #14 
Old 2002-09-20, 10:29
skalez skalez is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

i'm not a us citizen, and proud of it, and if i was, i certainly wouldn't be in the majority.

don't post if you don't have anything interesting to say.

don't just tryt kazaa if you're gonig to use a p2p dl thingy, try all of them... edonkey, imesh, etc, even if you hate their guts.

i like the idea of asking a cracking "company" to write you a crack.
 #15 
Old 2002-09-23, 08:45
neville122333 neville122333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

quote:
Originally posted by skalez:

don't post if you don't have anything interesting to say.




Go shag a weasel you little turd
 #16 
Old 2002-09-24, 08:52
skalez skalez is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

LOL
 #17 
Old 2002-09-25, 10:31
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: How to Turn Demos to Full Versions?

Damn!
This thread went to shit quick enough!


I had hoped that at least in a forum as this I would be able to escape, for a moment at least, the juvenal name calling drivel of this recent flood of newbie punkass[es]


*under 200 posts? You're a newbie*
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics