I know its not trendy to do the vou painting these days but when I was younger in the mid 80s I had a rich friend whos parents dress the interior of their home in the Santa cruze mountains with a cave theme.
It was really cool but cost them shitloads of money to do it.
When i was selling my last house i had to do some repair work in the garage by the firewall. I had to have a plumber come out (becuase by law you have to have a license contracter when ever a termite report is made to repair work) to fix a leaking p trap near my washing machine. He had offered to do the drywall for free but he didnt have enough drywall to fit it snuggly so he told me to go purchase some styrofoam spray. its like 3 bucks a can that looks something like a can of tire fix with a long hose for the liqued styrofoam to come out. after filling the drywall i decided this stuff would harden anyways and I would have to throw it away so I found an old buntcake pan in the garage i was using as an oil pan and Decided to see hoe well it would work as a mold. It came out very nicely. I then had an idea that i could use this shit to make Movie Props if I ever decide to get into working on my Indie films. this shit is really cheap to work with and as an application it has the potential to do all kinds of wonderful stuff.
So as you may now know where this is going Im thinking this shit would be perfect to make a cave design in your home. You could make some box molds in the shape of the cones you see in caves and then vou/sponge paint them to look like granit.
Anyways if anyone choses to try this let me know how it works out. my wife wont let me experiment with our new home.
