About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-07-25, 23:56
Dr Spock Dr Spock is offline
Regular
 
Default Need help from Opera users: File extension hell

Ok so here I am running win98se, and I hate MS so I'm running opera as my browser.

(I dont have a choice on the OS, I'm a gamer.)

So at any rate, I have a little problem with .jpg and .jpeg files (maybe others too). This is that under the Opera preferences I have it set to use the default application (which is greyed out and supposedly set automatically,) except that opera thinks it is the default. When you look at the windows info on how it handles jpg files, it lists iexplore as the default to handle that file type. Now I might change that, but for now opera is associating with all my jpg files and being a pain in the ass.

Anyone know how I can fix this?
 #2 
Old 2002-07-26, 02:18
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: Need help from Opera users: File extension hell

Use Mozilla, just as good as Opra but better, and almost as good as IE but worse.
 #3 
Old 2002-07-26, 03:59
Regular
 
the happy land of australia
Default Re: Need help from Opera users: File extension hell

goto the default browser heading (in the opera prefrences), and unclick the jpg box.

if that doesn't work, on a jpg file (in win98) hold down shift and right click on it, and select open with, then choose explorer or whatever, then check the always use this box.

that should work.

[This message has been edited by RAOVQ (edited 07-26-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-07-26, 04:43
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: Need help from Opera users: File extension hell

quote:
Originally posted by Zok:
Use Mozilla, just as good as Opra but better, and almost as good as IE but worse.


My opinion stands.
 #5 
Old 2002-07-27, 06:40
Dr Spock Dr Spock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Need help from Opera users: File extension hell

Thanks, RAOVQ, I had a feeling it would be something obvious, and I had forgotten how to do that trick anyway.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics