About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-06-07, 03:31
admin admin is offline
Regular
 
Default gnome-ppp problem

The gnome-ppp in mandrake linux crashes every time I try to connect. It will dial, etc. and then it releases the modem and gives me the error message "the pppd daemon died unexpectedly" I have no idea why it does this, and I was wondering if there was some stupid little thing I was supposed to do that I didn't or something.
 #2 
Old 2002-06-07, 16:05
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: gnome-ppp problem

what version of mandrake?

mandrake users org has the best help. go there they are much better than us
 #3 
Old 2002-06-07, 20:43
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: gnome-ppp problem

Make sure that pppd is in your path and executable as whichever user you are trying to run it as, open xterm and just try running it. if you can't, su to root and do a whereis on pppd, ls -l it and make sure that everyone has permissions to read and execute it. Also, something else I've noticed helping for some weird ass reason is turning off the volume on yer modem. Don't ask me why, but it's worked for me...
 #4 
Old 2002-06-07, 21:33
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: gnome-ppp problem

hey nerdboy, yer cool..
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics