About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-31, 01:54
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default VMware

I tried installing vmware, and I have it running on a linux box, with windows 98. But I have no idea how to get windows on the internet without giving it it's own modem. Does anyone here know how to help me with this? I'm really lost.
 #2 
Old 2002-05-31, 02:10
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: VMware

i think vmware has special drivers for everything. Im not sure if this has anything to do with your problem, but it is the extent of my vmware knowledge :]
 #3 
Old 2002-05-31, 15:48
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: VMware

Just wanted to say never mind, i got it working.
 #4 
Old 2002-05-31, 16:47
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: VMware

how?
 #5 
Old 2002-05-31, 17:27
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: VMware

I had to set the virtual network adapter to bridged networking instead of host-only networking. It was easy, now I feel stupid.
 #6 
Old 2002-05-31, 22:40
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: VMware

umm... yeah easy
i wish i knew enough to use vmware because its a kickass idea and would make my life less windows infested. then i could finally rid myself of booting into that shit and just load it for games. so how is everything? do all your toys work? usb, 1394, pcmcia?

and is it killing your ram? one thing i always wondered was since it uses virtual hardware would you get accurate reading if you used "top" in a linux prompt? my guese is no since "top" reads from proc and then asseses your resources acording to the processes in proc. ahh i think im rambling now....
 #7 
Old 2002-06-02, 01:00
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: VMware

Not all the toys work, but i've gotten all the ones I cared about working. And it eats a lot of resources, but I really don't care, the machine i'm running it on is an athlon XP 1700+, 512 megs ram, etc.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics