About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-22, 02:52
MackavellE MackavellE is offline
Regular
 
Default Adobe Photshop 7.0 Question

I just recently got Adobe Photoshop 7.0(about 1 1/2-2 weeks ago)and I have a question about it that I haven't been able to find the answer to. Is it possible to cover the letters in diamonds and make them shine or something like that? One of my friends said it was possible but he didn't know how, I know one of ya'll probaly knows so please help me. Any other tips for using the program would be appreciated.
 #2 
Old 2002-05-22, 05:34
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Adobe Photshop 7.0 Question

Alright here is a brief overview

1) Create your diamond pattern.
2) Create your letters on a seperate layer.
3) Create a mask out of the letter layer.
4) Apply the mask to your diamond pattern.
 #3 
Old 2002-05-23, 03:03
MackavellE MackavellE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Adobe Photshop 7.0 Question

yo,
could I get a more detailed explanation? I've already made the diamond pattern and I know how to make the letters on a different layer, so just describe the other steps.
 #4 
Old 2002-05-23, 07:52
soullace soullace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Adobe Photshop 7.0 Question

Okay i can not stress this enough. Masks are one of the coolest features of photoshop and IMO required in any 2d raster program. That said it would take me too long to explain masks. I will however do a search for you and you can read up on it.

This looks good:
http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshopmasks/

Also here is the search query i used:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&q=%22photoshop+masks%22

You'll probally use some sort of layer mask or quick mask. And don't be afraid to use www.google.com, it is your best friend.



[This message has been edited by soullace (edited 05-23-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics