About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-08, 17:12
DUDE DUDE is offline
Regular
 
Default wtf

WTF is verboten.
I don't know the most about computers.
I come to this site every now and again to see if anything interesting is going on or to just have a laugh on a rainy day.
Today I log on and I get some threatening message.
It said that you now have my ip number.
I think this is a cool site with some cool people on it. I've never pissed anyone off(too much). I'm a bit sarky here and there but never malicious. What I'm trying to say is that if you've done something shitty to me I've done nothing to deserve it.
It isn't actually my ip number anyway(I'm in London for the week). I don't have a access to the net at home so I took the oppurtinty to visit this site while I could.
Even though it's not my ip number I'm still pissed off. It's the principle of this, y'know.
So please give me an explanation.

PS - You'd be very surprised if you found out who the ip address belonged to.
Give me a decent explanation and I might tell you.
 #2 
Old 2002-02-08, 17:44
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: wtf

dude, don't look at anyone here.. Ever thought that it might be the machine you're using that has something on it?

 #3 
Old 2002-02-08, 18:50
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: wtf

I know what he's talking about... It's enigma's joke.
 #4 
Old 2002-02-08, 20:22
DUDE DUDE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: wtf

Are you sure it's a joke because I don't want to have fucked up somebody else's computer.
 #5 
Old 2002-02-08, 21:15
cense cense is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: wtf

ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE you "go" on the web CAN and quite possibly WILL log your IP. Its for security measures or nosy people.

Having your IP logged will NOT fuck up your computer unless the person that has your IP is malicious

--
cEnsE
 #6 
Old 2002-02-08, 23:47
Moderator
 
Default Re: wtf

it is a joke, I�ve had this once I was using Conquerer.

BTW, "verboten" (german) means �forbidden�. When I first came to the temple I�ve looked at some of the source codes and found some references to the folder "Eigene Dateien" (german) �own files�.

 #7 
Old 2002-02-09, 02:17
DUDE DUDE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: wtf

Thanks. I feel a lot better now. I got quite flustered when it happened.
BTW the ip belonged to EMI.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics