About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-02, 04:15
KLYSMO KLYSMO is offline
Regular
 
Default Another stupid Windows Question

How do you make a jpeg out of a bmp?

I used to open the bitmap image through Paint then save as jpg. I just formatted my HD and now the options have changed. It only gives me bmp options to save the pic as.

Please help!


I am running Win98SE.

[This message has been edited by KLYSMO (edited 02-02-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-02-02, 05:05
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another stupid Windows Question

You get a real image editor?..

Get hold of acdsee or something at the very least..

 #3 
Old 2002-02-02, 05:14
KLYSMO KLYSMO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another stupid Windows Question

Well I really wasnt looking to open another program to do this. I know Paint is another program but it opens rather quickly and does just what I want it to.

There has to be some little setting somewhere that I need to change to get the options back the way it was.
 #4 
Old 2002-02-02, 05:47
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: Another stupid Windows Question

i just change the file extension to .jpg

it wnt compress it but if its just the format you want then thats what to do.
 #5 
Old 2002-02-02, 05:56
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another stupid Windows Question

Yeaaaaaaah of course just changing the extension to jpg will work..

I mean, forget all about the entire point of the jpg format, what you really want is the name..

Honestly, I've never used ms paint to the point where I would know the answer to this, cause well, it sucks. I have no idea why it would save as jpg once and not anymore, but then, see above, ie it sucks.

acdsee is fast and it rocks, it's mostly an image browser program, but it has basic editing functions including batch conversion to any file format you care to name. v useful.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics