About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-01-29, 12:45
Tanna Tanna is offline
Regular
 
Default backup ps2 games

Thanx for all the info on dvd rips, i got that down now.

I've been lookin into making backups for my ps2 games, From what ive read its fairly simple (seems too simple). "Get a mod chip and do a straight copy with cdrwin", anyone know if its that simple?
 #2 
Old 2002-01-29, 16:36
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: backup ps2 games

depends if it's a dvd game or a cd game.
 #3 
Old 2002-01-29, 21:41
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: backup ps2 games

the ps2 modchip will only allow you to play burned playstation games not ps2 games. i am not sure whether you need to get a special mod chip to play burned ps2 games, i think that putting them onto dvds is enough protection. www.gamegizmos.com
 #4 
Old 2002-01-29, 23:12
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: backup ps2 games

I still gotta get hold of a developer ps2.. now THAT would be sweet.. unfortunately currently demand exceeds supply..
 #5 
Old 2002-01-30, 00:20
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: backup ps2 games

do you have a developer psx? what is involved in programing psx games and what are they written in? i often wondered if a sdk was avalable to the average person and at what cost. that would be very cool to mod your games with new code instead of chips and cheats.
 #6 
Old 2002-01-30, 01:03
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: backup ps2 games

I have a psx that will play developer games..

As for the sdk, it's about 10000 I think for psx, not sure how much for ps2..

As far as I'm aware they're programmed in C++..

I don't do much game programming, though I know people who do, but cause of my association with gaming sites, I get a lot of games for free, specially from Sony.. Some companies send me prerelease games (aka golds) which you can only play on a developer/modified console.. eg, I have all the discs for the Arc the Lad Collection, even though it hasn't been release yet.. I was playing Arc I back in august..
 #7 
Old 2002-01-30, 04:38
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: backup ps2 games

thats pretty cool to get free pre release games. the developer consolers are the blue ones i think. psx consoles are reasonable priced if im thinking of the right ones. the blues psx's only run about $200 last i checked
 #8 
Old 2002-01-30, 05:37
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: backup ps2 games

Well I don't need a developer psx, just a developer ps2.. and that you can only get from Sony..
 #9 
Old 2002-01-30, 22:33
Tanna Tanna is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: backup ps2 games

Zok i looked on your link and it says:

"Pre-Wired Internal Modchips for PS2
NEW VERSION! The best PS2 internal modchip on the market today. Play all import backup and cd-r backup Playstation and Playstation 2 games."

You said:

"the ps2 modchip will only allow you to play burned playstation games not ps2 games."

so what your saying is that site bullshits?

nice one for the info, i've already ordered a chip from http://www.modchip.com so im hoping your wrong Zok.



[This message has been edited by Tanna (edited 01-31-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics