About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-05-22, 22:35
toforevereatchicken toforevereatchicken is offline
Regular
 
Default How do I overclock?...

I've heard quite a few good things about overclocking, and I was just wondering if ne1 could tell me how....I'm only running Celeron 500mHz =( And I want 2 sqeez every bit of speed I can...

------------------
-B()l\/lbErl\/lal\l
 #2 
Old 2001-05-27, 23:12
biot biot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How do I overclock?...

check out www.tomshardware.com they have a shit load of info on it
 #3 
Old 2001-06-01, 22:29
WoodyWoodpecker WoodyWoodpecker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How do I overclock?...

Sometimes you can set the CPU speed in the BIOS setup. You usually access the BIOS by pressing DEL at the opening screen. Some BIOSes have autodetect for the CPU but usually you can set this setting to manual, then set the CPU to a higher speed. If you overclock the CPU just make sure that the cooler is more than adequate to cope with an increase in temperature. I wouldent overclock your CPU to more than 550mhz and if you do, its unlikely that it will last a great lengh of time. Another point is will your motherboard allow speeds of over 500mhz. Another way to overclock is by specific jumpers on the motherboard itself but unless you have the manual it may be hard unless it clearly states on the M/Board where the jumper settings are. If you are not to sure of doing this it will be best to get someone who knows how it is done. Its not hard at all to overclock but if you are not 2 sure, get someone who knows. Remember : If in doubt - Leave it out.

[This message has been edited by WoodyWoodpecker (edited 06-01-2001).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics