About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Moving Pictures
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving Pictures This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-11, 02:49
phreejimmy phreejimmy is offline
Regular
 
Default What the hells wrong with John Woo

I've seen The Killer and Face/Off and I'm downloading Hard-Boiled right now. They kicked ass. The Killer was an amazing film and I dont know why I liked face/off. But It's pretty safe to say that lately he's gotten retarded.
I'd say that after he came to the US it kinda just went downhill from there. Do you agree? or have a reasonable arguement?
 #2 
Old 2003-01-11, 15:19
Mack Mack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What the hells wrong with John Woo

Thats the way it usualy is, when ithers try to make their stuff in the US to reach lets say Hollywood fame, they have to make certan things different, like JetLi, his first movies were great, but now wehn you go on his webpage you inly see the ones he played in Hollywood.


These guys want to reach Hollywood, so they leave away a little of their stuff to adapt. Thats why.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics