About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Moving Pictures
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving Pictures This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-19, 05:09
Tr1bal Tr1bal is offline
Regular
 
Default Dogma

anyone who hasen't seen this spectacular movie by kevin smith should definitly hop on your moped and go to blockbuster and rent, its a funny ass movie and very insightful
 #2 
Old 2002-11-19, 18:53
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

I agree. It pokes fun at how the religious freaks push our beliefs on others.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-22, 18:13
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Dogma

The DVD has alot of good shit that got removed from the original theatrical release version.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-23, 13:42
Doug-44 Doug-44 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

you are the perfect drug the perfect drug the perfect drug
 #5 
Old 2002-11-24, 02:37
DaHc DaHc is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

I've seen all of the Kevin Smith movies. I have to call it a damn-near tie for Clerks and Chasing Amy with the latter probably prevailing. Mallrats was excellent, as was Dogma, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was decent, but too comercialized.

~Mai Ancora
 #6 
Old 2002-11-26, 00:37
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Dogma

I thought Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was horrible. The first time I saw it I thought it was alright, but when I saw it again I got to see all the bad things (everything) I missed the first time. Go see his other movies, but stay away from J&SBSB.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-26, 01:59
Tr1bal Tr1bal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

i agree, j&sbsb was not what i anticipated it to be....
 #8 
Old 2002-11-26, 08:14
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

Kevin Smith spoiled himself on that film...He was just coming off dogma so he had that sense of security....Like look he went and did clerks and then after clerks he made a mistake and didn't take his time with mall rats...But it that movie was supposed to reflect the lives of jay and silent bob...so yes it did seem a little pointless....But if you a fan of jason and kevin then you have to have that movie...Just to have it...
 #9 
Old 2002-11-27, 05:14
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

Did anyone see Vulgar? I thought it was a step backwards for him, unless the point was a return to the independent genre. Or was he trying to make a cult classic? Other than a single conceptual moment (Vulgar the clown), I just didn't get it.

And the quality of the DVD sucked. The audio track wasn't even synched with the video.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-27, 08:38
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

That wasn't kevin smiths film...It was somebody else who was with viewaskew...
 #11 
Old 2002-11-28, 05:54
lonelark lonelark is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

chasing amy was the worst kevin smith movie ever
 #12 
Old 2002-11-28, 06:42
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

chasing amy showed a cool ass view on a normal(ish) situation... it also showed how each side thought they were acting reasonable and how it wasn't seen as reasonable by the other side.

but mainly it was funny
 #13 
Old 2002-11-29, 20:01
funkeymonkey funkeymonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

DOGMA In my opinion is one of the best movies! extremly funyn!
 #14 
Old 2003-01-11, 05:35
FatDaddy FatDaddy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

I was absolutely disgusted with Mallrats, Dogma, and Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. Clerks and Chasing Amy were okay. But this topic is about Dogma....

Dogma was an absolute failure, in my opinion. It constantly ridiculed and scoffed at Catholocism (I would like to point out, at this time, that I am not Catholic, I'm agnostic.), yet in the end, the power of good prevailed, and Alanis "God" Morisette came out and screamed. How the fuck was that good???
 #15 
Old 2003-01-11, 16:53
gonecrazy gonecrazy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

i trought dogma was pretty good and funny, but ive never been able to figure out how it dissed catholicism. it seemed to put up religion with all its mentions of GAWD. that was the main reason i didnt like it more than i did. i hate it when movies put up religions.
 #16 
Old 2003-01-11, 22:13
wenerjar wenerjar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

i liked george carlin as the pastor (or whatever catholic call it)
 #17 
Old 2003-01-12, 03:59
Tr1bal Tr1bal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

quote:
Originally posted by wenerjar:
i liked george carlin as the pastor (or whatever catholic call it)


Cardinal

 #18 
Old 2003-01-12, 20:02
wenerjar wenerjar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

dogma is actually was just on tv! neat
 #19 
Old 2003-01-13, 01:09
tiotiotio tiotiotio is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

i loved it jay and silent bob rock!!!!
 #20 
Old 2003-01-13, 10:42
DCGJAZZ DCGJAZZ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dogma

Clerks is definetely the best Kevin Smith movie. Coming after that is Chasing Amy. Next it is a tie between Mall Rats and Dogma and finally Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back. By the way, Vulger wasn't directed by Kevin Smith but he helped make it.

[This message has been edited by DCGJAZZ (edited 01-13-2003).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics