About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Moving Pictures
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving Pictures This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-15, 20:48
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Moulin Rouge

I saw it for the first time last night and while I thought the acting was alright and the camera work awesome, I thought it was really tasteless.

If it had original songs it would've been way better, but as it was I just thought they were mocking the original artists. I didn't like it at all. I was horrorfied when they covered Like A Virgin.

That was just bad.

Plus, if she had tuberculosis, how come she's a singer? I doubt she would've been able to sing in her condition, let alone dance around and even pretend she was okay. She seemed to slip in and out of sickness.

The only character I actually liked was Ewen McGregors character, because, at least he had some sort of substance.

And why did they make the set like a theatre set? Now, they were good sets. But, why not just go to see it in the theatre, then?

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2002-10-15, 21:35
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Moulin Rouge

They used other artist's music in order for their audience to relate.

As for the little glitches, a lot of the movie seemed to based on willing suspension of disbelief anyays.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-20, 18:51
Mazzy12345 Mazzy12345 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Moulin Rouge

i watched that movie with my girlfriend at her house.....

and feel asleep during it....
 #4 
Old 2002-10-21, 21:57
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Moulin Rouge

The film was a Hollywood Fantasia if you were, i liked the film it had some seriously crazy scenes and it was colour colour colour all the way through.

Hats off to Kidman and Mcgregor they worked brilliantly.

Peace Renegade,
 #5 
Old 2002-10-21, 23:42
Thoughtmonger Thoughtmonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Moulin Rouge

I loved the way this movie was made.
However I hated its actual content(aside from the absinthe).
I was in awe and discust all at once.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-22, 15:19
Sporky_One Sporky_One is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Moulin Rouge

Wow interesting comments =)

I honestly liked it for what it was. I agree the content was at times pretty tasteless... I thought it was cute and wouldn't exacltly call it a tragidy eiher.
But I found it humerous and the flashy outfits and color scheme throughout the entire film was completely awesome! But alas It's one of those movies that you really have to be in that taste range to enjoy.

Still Hangin'
-Sporky
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics