About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Moving Pictures
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving Pictures This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-30, 04:46
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default Insomnia

Has anyone else seen it? It's done by the same guy that did memento and it has a pretty ordinary plot but the way it is done is amazing. I saw it at the cinema and walked out dazed... felt like I was going through all the shit poor old Deniro was going through.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-03, 23:46
NewFie-Duck NewFie-Duck is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Insomnia

I thought that movie was one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen. It was long and boring and the plot sucked monkey balls through a straw.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-04, 02:50
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Insomnia

Isn't Pacino in it?
 #4 
Old 2002-10-05, 13:32
linhir linhir is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Insomnia

Yes, and so is Robin William. I wasn't impressed with the story, but you can only get a memento-like gimmick once in your career. Its good, but not great. The cinamatography is good, the lighting and production design is great, its really just the predictability and lack of surprise in the story that bothered me.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-06, 05:12
govinda govinda is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Insomnia

Yeah sorry Pacino
I mean the story wasn't what was so brilliant, it was just the way the film made you feel like all that shit was happening to you.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics