About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Moving Pictures
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving Pictures This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-07, 20:15
Regular
 
Default Vanilla Sky

I saw this earlier this week, on DVD. I watched it 4 times including the time w/ the commentary.

This is Cameron Crowe's third (and best) consecutive project as writer/director, all quality work. What an amazing writing life he's had. It's no wonder the subject of pop media permeates his work. Although Vanilla Sky is what he calls a "cover" movie, he lends much richness to the concept, thereby making it his own.

This movie is a great mind-fuck; life, death, dreams and delusion... which is his master?

...and the scene where Cruise yells, "What the fuck is happening!!!" while he's hammerin away at Diaz, is classic.

I can't believe there was no topic already here, this is a great movie.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-11, 02:41
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Vanilla Sky

I bought it when it came out on DVD, but i've never gotten around to watching it.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-11, 08:25
XIPHER XIPHER is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Vanilla Sky

yeah, i agree, great movie.
all confusing, then comes together in the end, i love those movies.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-21, 22:24
nw freak nw freak is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Vanilla Sky

I'll check it out someday,my buddy recommended it who says he doesn't even really care for Cruise as an actor so it must be good.
 #5 
Old 2002-09-22, 16:29
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Vanilla Sky

I like that film - when cruise is dancing in the nightclub with the mask on the back of his head. Its really clever and looks awesome with the pumping music.

Peace Renegade,
 #6 
Old 2002-09-22, 22:39
rev_DXM rev_DXM is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Vanilla Sky

I'd have to agree with freak's friend: I think Tom Cruise sucks but I thought Vanilla Sky was awsome. The whole time it reminded me of some great sci-fi comic book being translated to the big screen beautifully.
 #7 
Old 2002-09-30, 23:54
Doug-44 Doug-44 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Vanilla Sky

yes that was a great movie, its an obvious remake from "obre los ojos" spanish for open you eyes. that movie was depressing and scary. but it was kick ass.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-30, 23:54
Doug-44 Doug-44 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Vanilla Sky

oh yeah and i had posted a topic about vannila sky
 #9 
Old 2002-10-06, 00:26
Godfuck Godfuck is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Vanilla Sky

Yah, it was a great flick...but all in all, i think it tries a little too hard to fuck with your head
 #10 
Old 2002-10-06, 15:50
Regular
 
Default Re: Vanilla Sky

quote:
Originally posted by Doug-44:
i had posted a topic about vannila sky


I searched first, but you probably mis-spelled it there too.

 #11 
Old 2002-10-11, 20:19
Chunkmiester Chunkmiester is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Vanilla Sky

I quite liked the film actually. Very deep messages about brain tricks and the way that humans can be lulled into a false reality. I don't quite understand why he wears the mask though- he has a disfigued face but that looks less out of place than an emotionless "facial prostetic"

Chunkmiester
 #12 
Old 2002-10-11, 21:22
Phonix Shock Phonix Shock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Vanilla Sky

argh this was a terrible film, defintly not as good as the original, i recommend u all see the original.

 #13 
Old 2002-11-01, 07:59
Lysander Lysander is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Vanilla Sky

The idea was stolen from the Philip K. Dick novel Ubik.
 #14 
Old 2002-11-01, 17:55
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Vanilla Sky

I just saw it sunday, I liked how surreal some of the shots looked.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics