About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Moving Pictures
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving Pictures This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-06, 14:33
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Spider-man

who saw it, what's the opinion? I loved it!

catch ya'll later,

TR
 #2 
Old 2002-05-06, 19:20
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Spider-man

I saw it a day early, square.
 #3 
Old 2002-05-06, 23:27
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Spider-man

Cool

didja like it?
 #4 
Old 2002-05-07, 18:46
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Spider-man

It was alright considering that I was never into the whole comic or superhero thing.
 #5 
Old 2002-05-08, 14:01
tHeRoBoT49 tHeRoBoT49 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Spider-man

It was an alright movie I guess. But it needed more ass-kicking and less corny parts. Remember, Toby Mcguire stands for ACTION now.
 #6 
Old 2002-05-08, 18:56
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Spider-man

What the Hell? I figured it was well balanced, with swinging around, peter parker elements, beating up baddies, and lotsa "saving innocents". remember, the Spider-man story is more than just punch and kick. there's a huge human component to it. I thought it was well done, not a slug fest. and MJ was hot.
 #7 
Old 2002-05-09, 15:10
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Spider-man

All i know is when I went to go see it last friday, all the last 5 showings from 7pm-12am were sold out.

I went to another theatre and all but the last showings were sold out. I didnt want to wait till midnight so I left. Didnt have time that weekend to see it. Im hearing good things about it.

I know that 2 years ago during the filming that he tied up traffic on the San Francisco Bay Bridge when they filmed him swinging across a span. i dont know if that was for the movie itself or something else. Does anyone know if it is partly filmed in Frisco? I thought spiderman is part of Gothem City which is new york.
 #8 
Old 2002-05-09, 15:50
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Spider-man

It's supposed to be new york, and gotham city has nothing to do with new york. And excuse me if I'm being ignorant (I'm canadian), but I thought Gotham was just a make believe name for the city in which Batman lives? (batman sucks, btw) Part of it was probably fimed in san fran, perhaps cause it has somit to do with the 9/11? the ruble could've been in the background, and that's not cool... (it doesn't fit the story line, and people are still to "sensitive" about it. god, those cock suckers...

moving on...

It was a sweet movie, actually. I saw it an a crappy little screen at the local theater, cause I didn't bother to go to a larger one. poop on me...


Ciao, TR
 #9 
Old 2002-05-13, 18:39
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Spider-man

I was surprised. I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did. And I don't know why I can't remember his name, but the guy who did the soundtrack was awesome. He's such an amazing composer. Same person who did the Batman movies.

Anyways, I just read the reviews in The Bay Guardian and it got good reviews. And it's the first time I've ever actually seen Kirsten Dunst act. Plus, it was true to it's cartoon fashion without being too cheesy and they used some decent camera work.

Plus, the graphics were amazing.

Cheers,
Lost
 #10 
Old 2002-05-30, 03:15
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Spider-man

i liked it as well. it was true to its comic book nature, and i liked that. and i never read alot of comics, but i understood the whole peter parker transformation, beat up a few bad guys before the big fight, save the girl theme. and of course they had to leave the end open for future battles.

and youre right, batman does suck.

i dont know where it was filmed.
 #11 
Old 2002-05-30, 04:34
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Spider-man

Batman needs to get his ass shot already, it's not like he has superpowers or wears kevlar.
 #12 
Old 2002-05-30, 05:51
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Spider-man

Re Gothem City.

Gothem City is a nickname for New York.

as is big Apple.

 #13 
Old 2002-05-31, 08:04
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Spider-man

quote:
Originally posted by tr0g:
Re Gothem City.

Gothem City is a nickname for New York.

as is big Apple.




tr0g is right about gotham, and the rain scene is awesome! if it was a 3d movie mj's nips would have blinded us all........

 #14 
Old 2002-05-31, 19:54
Go Bengals Go Bengals is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Spider-man

yeah.. kirsten dunst was teh best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 #15 
Old 2002-06-02, 16:07
Brent Brent is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Spider-man

quote:
Originally posted by Go Bengals:
yeah.. kirsten dunst was teh best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Stupid newbie.
 #16 
Old 2002-06-03, 16:37
Fred Madison Fred Madison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Spider-man

Danny Elfman did the music for Spider-Man. He's also going to be composing the music for Terminator 3 and Batman: Year one. Oh and the next Spider-Man film.

[This message has been edited by Fred Madison (edited 06-03-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Fred Madison (edited 06-03-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics