About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Moving Pictures
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving Pictures This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-01-11, 09:45
mcfryed mcfryed is offline
Regular
 
Default favorite movie

my fav movie has to be fear and loathing in las vegas, nothing beats johnny depp and benicio del toro using an american flag to sniff ether.
my favorite scary move has to be return of the living dead
anyone agree?
 #2 
Old 2002-01-11, 14:22
ACER ACER is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Thats a tough one man?!?

Fear and loathing was cool(book was better)

Ummmmmmmmm?

I'll have to get back to you on that one...

 #3 
Old 2002-01-19, 02:54
hellis hellis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Return of the Living Dead was hilarious of course I saw it when I was on LSD and it was even frighting sometimes at the same time.As for the other I have never seen it as of yet, but willk probably rent the DVD sooner or later.
 #4 
Old 2002-01-19, 07:10
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: favorite movie

I can't pick one movie and say it is my favorite because there are alot of movies I like.

"The Professional" with Jean Reno, Natalie Portman and Gary Oldman was a very good one.

Terminator 2, Pulp Fiction, list goes on.
 #5 
Old 2002-01-19, 22:31
demonbob demonbob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

The two greatest films of all time are

1. The Usual Suspects
2. Clerks

P.S Star Trek is far better than Star Wars.
 #6 
Old 2002-01-20, 03:37
Brent Brent is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

I don't have a favourite movie. My favourite movies are:

Clockwork Orange
2001: A Space Odessey
Dr. Strangelove
Schindler's List
Grave of the Fireflies
Akira
Psycho

BTW, I agree, Star Trek is far better than Star Wars.

[This message has been edited by Brent (edited 01-20-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-01-21, 04:11
hellis hellis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

quote:
Originally posted by demonbob:

P.S Star Trek is far better than Star Wars.[/B]


I agree with you there.
 #8 
Old 2002-01-21, 10:44
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: favorite movie

Theres no basis for comparison. Ones sci-fi and the other is fantasy.
 #9 
Old 2002-01-23, 00:24
hellis hellis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Magneto:
Theres no basis for comparison. Ones sci-fi and the other is fantasy.


I thought that any movie that has space ships and lasers is classified as science fiction and anything with magic, dragons, elves, etc. are fantasies.
 #10 
Old 2002-01-23, 21:04
Thalamus Thalamus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

quote:
Originally posted by Brent:
I don't have [b]a favourite movie. My favourite movies are:

Clockwork Orange
2001: A Space Odessey
Dr. Strangelove
Schindler's List
Grave of the Fireflies
Akira
Psycho

BTW, I agree, Star Trek is far better than Star Wars.

[This message has been edited by Brent (edited 01-20-2002).][/B]

Good movies there. Here is my list..

Clockwork Orange
Terminator 1
Terminator 2
2001 A space oddesy
Akira
Starwars 4,5,6
Lord of the Rings
 #11 
Old 2002-02-04, 23:07
LostCause1 LostCause1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Hmmm... Let me think. Probably it would be Blue Velvet, at the top of my list. How I adore David Lynch.

But, then:
Lord of the Flies (Original)
Of Human Bondage
Frankenstien
Dr. Strangelove
American Grafitti
Lolita
A Clockwork Orange
2001: Space Oddessy
Planet of the Apes (Original)
The Graduate
Pretty Baby
True Romance
... I just can't cover them all.

Cheers,
Lost
 #12 
Old 2002-02-08, 01:44
Regular
 
-
Default Re: favorite movie

tetsuo the ironman
akira
the graduate
lawrence of arabia
lord of the rings
caligula
gormenghast (it wasn't a movie but still 1 of my favs)
the conan series (i'm sure i'm gonna get flamed for those 1's)
army of darkness
lolita
dune
pink flamingos
 #13 
Old 2002-02-09, 03:06
DUDE DUDE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Gormenghast was cool. Crazy but very cool.
 #14 
Old 2002-02-09, 03:39
Brent Brent is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

I would pretty much consider any movies by Oshii (Ghost in the Shell, Patlabor movies) and Kubrick as my favourite movies.

I've just watched a few more movies within the last couple of days, and I have a few new favourite movies:

Avalon (2000, Oshii, Polish/Japanese, not the movie with same name from 1991)

Jin Roh (not sure about the director, but Oshii was the writer)

Matropolis (2001, director Leiji Matsumoto, not the movie from 1929 with the same name)

The only thing I can't really understand is why Lord of the Rings is so popular. Sure, the books were excelent, but this movie is... umm... not great. It's good, but not great. This is the most overrated movie since Taxi Driver.

[This message has been edited by Brent (edited 02-10-2002).]
 #15 
Old 2002-02-09, 03:47
nimlars nimlars is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Space Balls is better that star wars or star trek.
 #16 
Old 2002-02-10, 16:59
SUPERKILLER1911 SUPERKILLER1911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

2001 A Space Odysee
The Shining
A Clockwork Orange
Bullet In The Head
Full Metal Jacket
Night Of The Living Dead(b&w)
Dawn Of The Dead
The Others

 #17 
Old 2002-02-14, 06:52
Nismo Nismo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Lot's of Kubric fan's here (with due cause)! The tastes of movies here, however lackluster the variety, are some of the best I've seen. I feel that I live in a better world knowing that none of your responses were 'The Fast and The Furious' or 'American Pie'. My favorites are as follows;

Citizen Kane
Full metal Jacket
Pulp Fiction
Blue Velvet
Dr. Strangelove
Enter the Dragon
The Godfather
Peewee's Big Adventure
 #18 
Old 2002-02-14, 14:14
Brent Brent is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Mighty excellent choices there, Nismo. I totally forgot about Citizen Kane. Stupid me.
 #19 
Old 2002-03-08, 15:31
Damsterdam Damsterdam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Godfather Trilogy
Usual Suspects

you can't compare star trek to star wars. SW is genius, ST is absolute shite.
 #20 
Old 2002-03-19, 04:42
Hongod Hongod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Almost all of these films were originally books, and superior in that format(Clockwork Orange, 2001, Lolita, Lord of the Flies, Planet of the Apes(or however you say "monkey world" in French), Dune).
Godfather I+II and
Ikiru(directed by Akira Kurosawa, not a samurai movie)were crafted specifically for film format and would be my first picks as best films. The other two would be books I saw portrayed even better in film, espeically because of the lack of expiriance posessed by the writers
Ghost World and
Fight Club.
 #21 
Old 2002-03-19, 06:17
MR.SMITH MR.SMITH is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Surviving the game is my favorite movie. I liked the story line, not very many movies about hunting people down for sport(in modern time). I think it was nicly done also
 #22 
Old 2002-03-20, 01:37
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

pulp fiction
jay and silent bob movies
where the buffalo roam (better than fear&loathing, imo)
full metal jacket
e.t. <----reminds me of my mom
 #23 
Old 2002-04-08, 09:51
Silent_Smoker Silent_Smoker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Full Metal Jacket
Ninja Scroll
Lord of the Rings (animated and non)
All Bruce Lee Movies
Jay and silent bob movies
Half Baked
Dased and Confused
Evil Dead Trilogy
Pulp Fiction
and of course......
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

later
 #24 
Old 2002-04-10, 03:49
SUPERKILLER1911 SUPERKILLER1911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Hey dub.How was pink flamingos,I want to see it but all the movie stores dont have it.It pisses me off.Heard it is reall nasty
 #25 
Old 2002-04-12, 02:46
FashionCrack FashionCrack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Spaceballs.
 #26 
Old 2002-04-12, 03:58
t0ne t0ne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

American beauty, not for mena suvari's funny nipples though....
 #27 
Old 2002-04-12, 05:46
Silent_Smoker Silent_Smoker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Kevin Spacey kicked ass in American Beauty!
(all i had to say)

*Hits from the Bong*
"Later"
 #28 
Old 2002-04-14, 13:07
majik majik is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

this is going to be one long list I love movies.
all the good ones lited here+ quotes:
Schindler's list
the longest day(black and white)(we came all the way up here for nothin'?)
billy madison(some back Mr. Penguin)
happy gilmore(your pretty sick chubbs)
full metal jacket(get over here private pile!)
enemy at the gates(game over, I win)
escape from sobebour
rush hour 1&2(don't you ever touch a black man's radio)
speed 1(relationships based on tramatic experiences never work. Well, I guee we will base it on sex then)
A.I.
Groove(the police station in 3 blocks away! no obstacles just challenges.)
half-baked(if he ain't back in 10min. I callin dominoes- hey black ass!)
dazed and confused(man martha washington)
detroit rock city(oh shit!)
bio-dome(dude)
cheech and chong-any of their movies(hey, man you want a burito?-chong steps out of van zips up fly.clapping sounds)
cheech in back to east L.A.(man I ain't no mexican B, I'm as american as bean buritos.)
indiana jones and radiers of the lost ark(hang on shorty it's gonna be a long ride)
national lampoons X-mas&summer vacation(no quote just remeberthe chick in the pool. honey?when are you putting up the lights?)
national lampoons visit europe
raver's world
monte python and the search for the holy grail(how do you know she's a witch? She looks like one. But you dressed her up like this?!? so?)
robbin hood men in tights(white me can't jump)
back to the futureI&II(you'r sure about this doc?)
sudden death(let's see how many fireman?)
baby geniuses(come on bazel)
home alone(marve!!)
the jungle book-disney-animated(the bear nesissities)
hackers(the usual spot?)
bulletproof(you shot me in my damn head)
bevis and butt head do america(you want to see my unit)
american pie 2(my penis is 12 inches...around)
american pie(stifflers mom)
road trip(are you here for the feeding?)
heavy metal 2000
space balls(your schwatz is almost as big s mine)
scary movie 1&2(how about some PG-13?-put the shorty down and well give you cheetos and finions)
the score(I'm tired of being 2nd.-I told you not to cross me.)
feris buelers day off(that's my dad's car!)
major leagues 1&2(he needs chicken for his sacrifice)
drew carrey(not a movie but so what he should have one)
the 7th gate
life as a house(it feels good not to feel)
fast & the furious( I almost had you!.Almost had me? Anyone here can tell you it's not wether you win bye a mile or a second.it's that you win)
Rudy(rudy! rudy! rudy!)
Cocktails(brauds and bartending don't mix)
blue streak(man you smokin' down there?No.Man yes you are I can smell the menthol up here!)
the mexican(it was cursed the day it was made as a wedding gift)

that's all o them I can think of in about 5 min. so I'm jus gonna leave it a that I'll think of more later.

may luck find you,
majik

 #29 
Old 2002-05-02, 00:13
ronin_sof ronin_sof is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

The Shining
A Clockwork Orange
Pink Floyds The Wall
Almost anything Directed my Mel Brooks
 #30 
Old 2002-05-02, 00:16
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Aha's Take On Me video.
 #31 
Old 2002-05-02, 09:56
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: favorite movie

Couple to add to the pool:

The Defender
The Killer (story is not that great but gun battle is awesome)
Fists of Legend


 #32 
Old 2002-05-06, 14:30
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

geez, where do I begin? I haven't seen that many movies, but...

currently, Spider-man is no. 1 on my list of good movies (saw it last night, can't get it out of my head).
hmm...

Night of the living dead (remake, and black in white)
Day(dawn?) of the dead - the one where they're in the underground bunker, with the nutso leader, and the overuse of the word "dumbfuck")
Terminator 1 and 2
Star wars/return of jedi/empire strikes back
(I liked star wars WAY better than star trek. I saw some lame star trek movie a while ago, figured it sucked. trekkies... lol)
The Back to the Future movies
Gone in 60 seconds - That was the best car movie... I wanna see the original!
Traffic was mildly interesting, and although I can easily comprehend such a movie, it bores me because it's not entertaining. (it was funny when they were high, though)
What the hell people, you didn't put in The live-action City Hunter (with jackie chan. that was COOL.)
oh wait, nm, someone put psycho...

the original Lord of the Flies
American graffiti
duh... The Matrix!
original house on haunted hill
Planet of the Apes (new one)
Dragon ball Z movie (the one with Garlic Jr.) was pretty cool
Also, the DBZ movie with Bardock in it.
I can't think of any other anime's that I liked, Akira was too trippy, and too LONG.
The Shining
Psycho (I saw the remake, not the original, shame on me)
One flew over the cookoo's nest
Enter the Dragon (woh-aaaaaaaaaiiih!)
Monty Python: Holy grail, the meaning of life
Happy gilmore
Me, Myself, And Irene
The MASK (Jim carrey rules)
Ace Ventura: pet detective
Speed
Scary movie was hilarious the first time through
Home alone
Road Trip!
I remember A hard days night, wit'a beatles. good shit.
Macbeth (the playboy vers.)
The Wedding Singer was standable, only because of Adam Sandler.
Liar Liar
X-MEN
The animated Street Fighter 2 movie
Escape from New York
Escape from LA.
...
Oh, jeez... There's this one that came out only a couple years ago, that is kinda based on an old greek story, only it takes place in the late 1800's, when these dudes escape the chain gang... what the hell is it called?? that was a sweet movie!

hmm, that's all I can think of. I'll post more if I can remember any more...

Ciao, TR
 #33 
Old 2002-05-07, 18:44
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

All I have to say is that the majority of you watch some very fruity ass movies.

But we'll just assume that your girlfriend dragged you to the threatre

No one has to know!
 #34 
Old 2002-05-09, 16:07
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

like I said, I'm not a huge movie watcher, so I haven't seen any of them hardcore movies. and most of them I saw on my own time.

A few that I didn't, and still liked for various reasons:

Back to the Future-I saw that a LONG time ago, and I though it was interesting. nothing wrong with it, right?
Traffic-It was quite the mature, and the story took a lot of thought to comprehend. And it isn't a chick flick by any means...
Lord o' the flies-I saw this in my grade 11 english class (last year). It was also interesting. stay away from the crappy american version, though.
American Graffiti-Again, at school. the whole 50's atmosphere got me remembering the days when I used to be into the old time rockn'roll...
I saw planet of the Apes at school.

By far, the best movie I've seen whilst in school is the Shining. THAT was fucking wicked. oh, the freakyness...
same with one flew over the cuckoo's nest- it was funny.
I saw Happy Gilmore on TV. It was hilarious at the time...
I happen to like jim carrey. He's funny.
Home alone-TV special during christmas when I was a kid.
A hard day's night-I used to be a HUGE beatles fan when I was a kid. I saw this one on TV.
I saw Macbeth in school, and it not only had varied things that playboy usually has (ahem), It had plenty of violence to go with it. At the very start, someones back was being ripped open with a mace... and various be-headings, etc... Very Macabre, yet entertaining.
Wedding Singer - on TV, cause I was bored. I watched it last night again, and I completely take it off the list. As it turns out, it sucked ass.


"fruity"? the rest of those movies didn't seem "fruity" to me... but again, I'm not a big movie buff, so I wouldn't know.

(actually, that entire list is about 80% of the movies I've seen in my entire life...)


Ciao, TR
 #35 
Old 2002-05-13, 23:24
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: favorite movie

I finally watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, funny shit. "As your lawyer I'm advising you to take (insert drug here)".
 #36 
Old 2002-05-16, 03:14
somerlost somerlost is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

This is tough, so many great movies to choose from. I must list: Animal House, Clockwork Orange, 2001 Space Oddessy, Memento, Naked Lunch, Texas Chainsaw Massacre # 2 (I love it when the freak is scratching the metal plate in his head with a coat hanger and eating the meat afterwards)
Life of Brian, The Outlaw Josey Wales (the old indian confesses that his horse was captured and the union made him defect), plus Clint keeps spitting on the dog. Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and an underrated often missed film, House of Yes, a funny and tragic story of mental illness and incest with Parker Posey, who is fantastic, Genevieve Bujould, Freddie Prince Jr (playing a real nerd), Tori Spelling and Josh Hamilton. Great dialogue. Also must mention "Bride of Reanimator" very amusing.
 #37 
Old 2002-05-22, 04:32
AutumnReign AutumnReign is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

My favorite two movies are "Almost Famous"
and
"The Crow" starring Brandon Lee.

Anyone else enjoy those? Oh yeah, and "Hair of The Dog" was great, too! Don't know why that movie didn't make it bigtime. I thought it was brilliant. My two favorite actors, too
Dustin Hoffman and Robert Deniro.
Thanks for asking.
 #38 
Old 2002-05-22, 12:37
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

Fear an loathing in Las Vegas is my n� 1 movie and book. I just don't have words for this artwork *sniff sniff*.

We can't stop here, this is bat country!
 #39 
Old 2002-05-22, 21:36
oakiee oakiee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: favorite movie

FULL METAL JACKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE LONGEST DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!
BLACK HAWK DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIN RED LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE WERE SOLDIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NAVY SEALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GUNS OF THE NEVERON!!!!!!!!!!!

these are all military movies!
and they're my favorite!!!!!!!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics