|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Moving Pictures This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2001-12-11, 09:22
|
young thug 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Faces of Death
Does anyone know where I can get these at? They used to have them at the movie gallery where I lived but it closed down due to the blockbuster across the street. I saw the first one and it was fuckin sick. I like stuff that is fuckin sick. someone tell me where to order this shit from.
|
|
#2
 2001-12-11, 11:21
|
~~COBRA~~ 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Faces of Death
if you find another video store you will probably find them.
try to find the best of tapes. and dont fall for the rip-offs like facez or fazez of death. also you should check out banned from tv volumes 1 2 and 3.
where from in the south?
|
|
#3
 2001-12-11, 16:56
|
young thug 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Faces of Death
Ive looked at all the blockbuster, video warehouse, and prime time video places
I'm from C-Town, GA about an hour south of ATL
|
|
#4
 2001-12-11, 22:28
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Faces of Death
You do know, of course, that most of what's shown in those films are not the real thing, right? I mean, some of it, like news foiotage stuff, is real. But the stuff like the execution sceans are not [though I gots to admit they are highly funny].
------------------ "If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking until you do succeed"
- Curly Howard
|
|
#5
 2001-12-12, 07:34
|
~~COBRA~~ 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Faces of Death
i lived in atl for a while. all over atl actually.
metaphy>>>>> what do you mean fake? have you ever seen the banned from series?
or how bout the iraq executions? they shoot those guys to hell and then a saddam lookalike walks by and shoots them several more times.
|
|
#6
 2001-12-12, 21:32
|
|
|
Re: Faces of Death
How do you fake a knife going in the side of your throat and out the front and all the blood pouring from the open wound? ------------------ 
|
|
#7
 2001-12-12, 23:36
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Faces of Death
I guess I should have put in the disclaimer that I only saw the first thre or four. If there are more than that, I wasn't aware. As for the Banned series, all I can say is:"?????".
The executions I was refering to were the ones in the first film; the electric chair and the gas chamber - those weren't real. I'm sure that the Iraqi one was. That kind of stuff isn't all that hard to come by [just check out rotten.com. A good amount of those first ones were faked. It took me bit bit to really be sure, and I worked in the field of death for a few years [though that was in my past].
Telll me more about the banned series> I'm always interested in this kinda krap [which is how I ended up in the mortuary business in the first place].
------------------ "If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking until you do succeed"
- Curly Howard
|
|
#8
 2001-12-13, 05:15
|
tr0g 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Faces of Death
quote: Originally posted by young thug: Ive looked at all the blockbuster, video warehouse, and prime time video places
I'm from C-Town, GA about an hour south of ATL
I'll bite. Faces of Death a series of Films? Dont expect to get shit from BlockBusters. they dont rent porn, they wont rent anything really NC17 and they wont rent one of the most contriversal Indie Films of all time "Kids". You go into Blockbusters and ask for Kids and they will make you feel like you are a fucking pediphile. Blockbuster doesnt mind renting Die Hard 3 or Hannibal though. I guess unless a movie is full of death and violence and lines like "I SMELL YOUR CUNT" and made 200 million its first month doesnt make it on their list. not to mention its owned by Paramount Pictures so why would they rent out indie's.
|
|
#9
 2001-12-13, 07:09
|
hellis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Faces of Death
why would you want to waste your time and money on these vids/movies.I unfortunately did and watched nine of the series I found in an adult store. They all repeat themselves and basically show the same thing over and over again, example; a man getting attacked by a grizzly bear because of stupidity, a man being attacked by an alligator/crocodile again because of stupidity, a sky jumper who miscalculates and falls into an enclosed section of an alligator farm. Several stills of the aftermath of a chemical attack (in the Mid east of course). Several scenes of animals being slaughtered including a small monkey being beaten to death with a small hammer so the participants can devour its brains raw, and of course a couple of executions (gas, lethal injection,and the electric chair). All narrated by a so called scientist of death with nice circus music as a backdrop.All but the animal slaughter appears to be fake almost blatently so. There is another series that depicts actual news footage and accidental filming of some poor sap meeting his/her untimely fate. The series was started by an ex-police photographer and is now the leader of a type of church, you might have heard of him his name is Anton LeVey. The first one features Anton ("black Pope") as the narrator as he takes you on a fascinating journey of the foolishness of man. The series is called Death Scenes, last I heard there were almost 5 installments.
------------------ From the cold north
|
|
#10
 2001-12-13, 07:23
|
~~COBRA~~ 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Faces of Death
hellis>>> thats about right. thats why i say just get "the best of" and dont get the knock offs.
meta>>>> for some reason i cant remember if it is banned from tv or banned in america. there are 3 of them. the writing on the box is red i beleive and it uses roman numerals for the numbers. they are by far the best ones. they also have one called prison files which is alright for a buck or two.
|
|
#11
 2001-12-14, 06:34
|
hellis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Faces of Death
If you really want the movies just buy them off the internet, there are also several sites of this type of material on the internet. Simply conduct a search (hotbot is good for these type of questionable sites I find)using the keyword Death and it will give you many choices.
------------------ From the cold north
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|