About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Moving Pictures
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving Pictures This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-06-17, 05:30
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Pi

In Pi God's name is 216 letters long. 6 to the 6th power equals 216. 666 AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Oh and Memento is pretty sweet so after we get off track about Pi let's all talk about that.
 #2 
Old 2001-06-17, 08:28
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pi

Pi is a cool movie, just ask Z3m.
 #3 
Old 2001-06-17, 09:44
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pi

Someone lent my copy out to someone I don't know for who knows how long.

She has cancer AND my Tron DVD? That's so unfair.

Strangly enough, I believe I have mouth cancer.
 #4 
Old 2001-06-18, 01:21
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pi

umm, 6^3 you mean?
 #5 
Old 2001-06-19, 04:47
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pi

You dare question my math skills!?!? That's fucking it! Goat Boy you will bend over! Where's my pineapple?
 #6 
Old 2001-06-19, 23:34
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pi

hahaha. lets here it for 5th grade.

I only noticed because were it 6^6, it would be 666666, which is just redundant.
 #7 
Old 2001-06-22, 20:10
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pi

Damn, I saw the preview for this movie, i really want to see it now.
 #8 
Old 2001-06-23, 20:06
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pi

Wouldn't 666666 be 6^7.48428 and 216.666 be 6^3.001718 or is my calculator broken?

By the way, I find the golden mean number a much more interesting mathematical odetie.
 #9 
Old 2001-06-25, 23:38
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pi

6*6*6=216 (Cringe) Anyhoo that's what I was getting at. Preview for what movie? Pi? MMMMMMM...... Pi
 #10 
Old 2001-06-27, 07:00
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pi

I saw it and was amazed. It was good stuff.

Red. Step Back. Try Again

The Lord cannot be understood. And when he is, you'll rather you won't.... tense change to indicate the fucked up perspective it gave me.

My question is, was the drill a dream? I think it was personally. That his erasure of his own forebrain was done from the inside.
 #11 
Old 2001-06-29, 20:14
wyrmus wyrmus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pi

Ya wanta talk about a cult movie? Or is that occult movie? This stuff reaches back into the original jewish religion: kabbala. The whole concept that God is a mathematical equation is found in some form or the other in most early faiths world-wide. The only problem with the concept is that #'s are a invention of man. I beleive God operates by more simple sets, or maybe only 1's & 0's.
 #12 
Old 2001-06-30, 07:46
-=-goatboy-=- -=-goatboy-=- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pi

You think God is binary? Then you think that you yourself are binary. Do you feel binary?
 #13 
Old 2001-07-02, 02:32
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pi

God isn't black or white, he's shades of grey. And anyways, why would he work in a decimal system or even in a mathematical system. Where trying to limit god to an equation, to something we can solve while god is way beyond that. He's more of a chaos theory guy. Or maybe I've read Jurassic Park to much.

[This message has been edited by Redrover (edited 07-02-2001).]
 #14 
Old 2001-07-03, 21:30
wyrmus wyrmus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Pi

O.K. Maybe more like a set of waves, crests and valleys. Actually I beleive that God is a manifold existance. Many different levels of consciuos headed by the one level that can see them all. Imagine your body was transparent except for your bones. You could look down into yourself and count your vertibrae. Until finally you couldn't bend your neck and you had to count by feeling. When you you couldn't find your discs by touch anymore or they turned into your skull, you'de have to conclude that you were It you can perceive the other levels can't perceive you because there just hunks of bone. But at the same time you are the hunks and consciousness.
P.S to answer your question Goat, I feel just slightly dual in nature. But that feeling is getting stronger..............
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics