About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Moving Pictures
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving Pictures This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-04-29, 02:32
scot scot is offline
Regular
 
Default Best comedies on TV.

I think that Whose Line Is It Anyway? is the best damn comedy I've seen on TV hosted by Drew Carey. Anyone can top that?
 #2 
Old 2001-04-29, 03:16
Regular
 
Default Re: Best comedies on TV.

theres one that comes on pbs. its some british comedy. its about some guys in space. one black guy is like a vampire or something and this other guy is a robot. and NOTHING will ever top the ben stiller show. why they took that off the air in 93 is beyond me.
 #3 
Old 2001-04-29, 04:19
Redrover Redrover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best comedies on TV.

Smeg off! Red Dwarf is the best comedy in the history of television.
 #4 
Old 2001-05-22, 03:06
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Best comedies on TV.

The only American comedies I watch anymore is Roseanne, That 70's Show, and once in a great while I watch The Simpsons. All we ever watch, in this house, is old BBC sitcoms... I've seen every episode of Are You Being Served, Hippies, and Keeping Up Appearances. And The Flying Circus was my form of Sesame Street as a child. Uh oh... I'm slipping back into my British accent. Must be the schizophrenia... losing it... must... stop... typing... *falls out of seat in violent siezure*

Cheers,
Lost
 #5 
Old 2001-06-06, 23:14
Paco de Niro Paco de Niro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best comedies on TV.

The all time best comedy in the history of the world is a British one called "Men Behaving Badly"...any one seen it ?
 #6 
Old 2001-06-07, 07:28
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best comedies on TV.

whose line is it any way was better with clive anderson.
 #7 
Old 2001-06-07, 07:51
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best comedies on TV.

Northern Exposure was by far the smartest and most beutiful show period.

The Simpsons are the best comedy. Followed by the Hour of Slack. I know it's a radio show, but when I listen to it I'm filled with such... What to call it?
 #8 
Old 2001-06-08, 02:23
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Best comedies on TV.

I love Men Behaving Badly, but, I've actually seen Northern Exposure before. I used to watch it when I was a kid. I still see it from time to time when I get the chance. Great show; and very comedic if you get into it.

Cheers,
Lost
 #9 
Old 2001-06-08, 09:59
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best comedies on TV.

How do you get into it?
 #10 
Old 2001-06-09, 04:35
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best comedies on TV.

You move to alaska and surround yourself with eccentric people.
 #11 
Old 2001-06-10, 00:31
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Best comedies on TV.

What I meant by "get into it" is if you watch a few episodes. The more you watch, the better you get to know the characters, and the more comedic it is.

Cheers,
Lost
 #12 
Old 2001-06-13, 20:51
dingo76 dingo76 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best comedies on TV.

there is or was a british comedy show called brass eye by i think chris morris- one episode in particular 'cake' was responsible for changing british comedy(ali g, alan partridge, trigger happy tv, dennis pennis won't be shit with out this)other classics include only fools and horses, the aforementioned men behaving(british version)and now gimme, gimme, gimme and the royle family
 #13 
Old 2001-07-04, 22:29
svo svo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best comedies on TV.

Sex and the City on HBO is by far the best. the plots are soo fucking funny - it's not the kind of stuff you see talked about much. last weeks show they were talking about guys licking girls asses. it's always something crazy
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics