About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Moving Pictures
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving Pictures This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-03-12, 21:22
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default The Lone Gunmen

Well, what's the word?
 #2 
Old 2001-03-13, 05:12
Goblin Goblin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Lone Gunmen

Cool show, I like it, I'll watch it.
 #3 
Old 2001-03-13, 05:47
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Lone Gunmen

I like it.
 #4 
Old 2001-03-13, 07:26
Dewtard Dewtard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Lone Gunmen

Never watched it... yet
 #5 
Old 2001-03-14, 15:01
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Lone Gunmen

*Scolds Dewtard for not watching*

I like it, it can be a little cheesy. I think if they can hold on to some decent writers it will be alright.

For quite awhile, Chris Carter wrote all the X-Files episodes, then he had picked writers to take over for him. If the show has a multitude of writers from the get go, it probably won't last that long.
At the risk of taking a severe beating from Jaded, I think this show is and will be alot like the "Misfits of Science" series from the mid 80s. Very good and entertaining, but also short lived. I hope I'm wrong.
 #6 
Old 2001-03-14, 21:11
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Lone Gunmen

i saw the first episode which wasn't bad except for one MAJOR detail.

I HATED THE OCTIUM 4.

that was the ultimate in cheese;

that wasn't even real cheese;

that was velveeta.
 #7 
Old 2001-03-15, 02:57
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Lone Gunmen

IT was a parody of the pentium three which was designed in such a way that it tracks you on the web. Also pent is the latin root for 5 oct is for 8.

The pentium was named that because they could copyright it and people would buy it is a brand name instead of buying a miscellaneuos 586.
 #8 
Old 2001-03-16, 04:11
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Lone Gunmen

don't you mean parody of pentium 4?
 #9 
Old 2001-03-16, 07:45
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Lone Gunmen

No, It's just that they're being subtle.
 #10 
Old 2001-04-29, 03:18
Regular
 
Default Re: The Lone Gunmen

i guess its okay. that hot chick really sets it off tho. heh heh
 #11 
Old 2001-05-16, 17:59
Diluted Diluted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Lone Gunmen

huh
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics