About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Conspiracy!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Conspiracy! This forum is about the unexplained, whether it's political hidden agendas, secret societies, clandestine operations, alien life, political assasinations, CIA trickery, Masonic sub-plots, and other bits of Truth.

View Poll Results: What do you believe?
The U.S. carried out the attacks. 97 32.88%
The U.S. knew before hand but did not carry out the attacks. 104 35.25%
The U.S. did not know and did not carry out the attacks. 81 27.46%
Other (Please elaborate) 13 4.41%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-05-15, 11:56
LindaToo2001 LindaToo2001 is offline
Regular
 
Default Brainwashing Addicts into Salvationist


(The following is a letter I wrote to the Western Territorial Commander of the Salvation Army.)

Dear Commissioner Edwards
Several months ago I contacted your office, and received no response back. That is ok because it�s given me more time to thoroughly investigate your organization.
Since I was a small child I have heard about the Salvation Army. I never had any direct dealings with your organization until February 2, 2000. This is the day my fianc� Timothy Pappas entered your rehabilitation center in Anaheim Ca. Little did I know this would be the beginning of my nightmare? Tim went into the facility an engaged man, and came out an arrogate non- engaged Salvationist. I will tell you now, that it is my belief that your organization is fully responsible for this, which I will explain later on in this letter. I began to notice changes in Tim after his first thirty days in your ARC program. I noted that Tim lived and breathed the Salvation Army and its teachings. I attended the church services twice. I am sorry to say, but that was enough. The service was more like a military service, with a bunch of men dressed in uniforms sitting mesmerized by a short heavyset man who stood at the pulpit. I was seated alone while Tim set with the other soldiers. The behavior of these men was almost robotic. I don�t think I have ever been subjected to such humiliation in my life. I couldn�t help but wonder, were these men being brainwashed? It was after this service that my sister and I decided to learn more about the Salvation Army. This Mr. Edwards leads us to ask you the following questions...........

1.) As a recipient of Many Government and State Grants, why is it necessary to apply for food stamps for each man that is housed at ARC? If the center is full, and my addition is correct, this center is netting $18,000 per month times six months, equals $108,000.00. That is of course, if all men stay the full six months. I understand this is cheap room and board, but how can you call yourselves a Non-Profit Organization, and why are we tax payers being kept in the dark about this spending. Most of the general public believes you are a non-profit organization, and would not got to the lengths I have, to find out different. This one ARC in Anaheim Ca. had revenue of over 8 million dollars last year. If the monies you receive goes directly back into the center, why the food stamps? I would think that 8 million dollars would be plenty to feed 240 men a year.
2.) What are the requirements to become a counselor at ARC? Do any of your counselors have degree in Psychology or Behavioral Science? Are they qualified to be mapping out the future of these men, who are at their lowest point in life? Who besides the counselor is able to obtain the information from the files of the resident�s records? Speaking specifically of Social Services, Police, Sheriffs, Marshals Departments, and or the District Attorney�s Office? What type of background check is done on these men before they are accepted into Arc? I asked this question in my previous letter, but obliviously, you didn�t think it was important enough to answer. I�m sure ARC wouldn�t allow any type of criminal to use their facility for a six month safe haven. Or would they?

3.) How long does it take to become a Captain in the Salvation Army? Is any type of background checks done on members while holding high positions in your Army? Maybe I can answer that for you. My opinion is no. I recently found articles regarding a former Salvation Army Captain. Jack Holcomb, 50 yrs. old from Plattsburgh, NY. Who pleaded guilty to having intercourse with a girl under the age of 14? (Syracuse Herald- Journal, 3/1/89.)
a.) Do you hire outside pastors for your church services? What type of background check is done on them? Once again I will answer that for you. In 1985 a Salvation Army pastor from Lacrosse WI, was sentenced to six years in prison, plus ten years probation for 1st degree sexual assault of a 10-year-old girl. She was sexually abused at his home four times. (AP/Wisconsin State Journal, 12/22/89}

b.) Salvation Army Bible teacher Gary Hallock is serving 36-72 year jail term for Sexually abusing four boys, and has admitted to abusing 30 other children. Although an officer of the Salvation Army knew of Hallock�s pedophilia Years before, The Army was not held responsible for the abuse. Source Tribune
Democrat_2/94.

c.) Oct. 20, 2000. Captain Robert Reckline who already faces criminal charges For assaulting a co worker, now faces new charges of verbal intimidation and Public humiliation of a co-worker. Numerous complaints are being filed at the Fort Pierce office that was under the command of Captain Recline.

d.) Wellington �Gisborne Salvation Army band member R. Stewart is likely To face a long spell in a Peruvian prison awaiting trial for drug smuggling. Stewart 61, was preparing to board a flight to Europe when he was arrested on June 10 at Jorge Chavez Airport in the Peruvian capital, Lima.

e.) On 3/26/, 1997 an article appeared on the Internet under the heading Coffee House. Subject: Cults? Reads as follows� how about the Salvation Army? Do you all realize that it is also a religion, not just a Philanthropic Organization to help the needy? When you throw your money in the kettles at, X-mas, you are supporting another cult like church. Just where do all the new members come from? Could it be that the poor are preached into joining? This is also a faith that is very difficult to just walk away from, without serious consequences.

It is my belief that your counselors at ARC and the ARC program were the reason for our broken engagement. I believe you programmed Tim into thinking the way you�re other Salvationist and members do? With all your Mandatory meetings, one on Ones, (with the counselor), Bible studies, and church, Tim had no other way to think but your way. Of course the bible studies and church were the Salvation Army�s teachings, weren�t they? This Mr. Edwards leads me to ask you a couple of questions on this on this topic.

a.) Why do you isolate the men from family members and friends, Their first 30 days at ARC?

b.) Why do you require mandatory meetings with a counselor along with Couples meetings every other week?

c.) Do the therapists that counsel the couples meetings, and your other self-help groups have any type of degree or certification?

It�s my opinion Mr. Edwards, the reason you keep these men isolated from everyone and everything (not involved with the SA) the first 30 days, is so you can commence programming these men into Salvationist.

Isn�t it true that you make it mandatory that these men attend 18 meetings a week, plus work 8 hours a day, five days a week? Is this so the men have no time to think of anyone? Or anything, except The Salvation Army�s Ways and Teachings?

I would think that your counselors would have some type of medical background.
I �m still in awe that they didn�t recognize that Tim has the disorder ADD. I would think
that these men would be easier to persuade into your way of thinking, than a man who
doesn�t suffer from this disorder. With this and Tim�s other mental conditions it made
him easy prey for your Systematical Salvationism.

4). While surfing the web I noticed that the Salvation Army has thousands of churches, But they have different names, other than the The Salvation Army. I also noted that your organizations name comes up with United Ways name very often. Are you one of the same, under a.k.a. names?

5.) Does the Salvation Army really depend on Government contracts for over 50% of their funding? (The Seven Deadly Sins of Government Funding for Private Charities) by
Joe Loconte� Policy Review March- April, Number 82.
a.) Are these contracts listed under Non- Profit Organizations?

b.) Are you a Defender of the �public-private partnership�

c.) Can the general public and tax payers become partners of yours?

d.) would we list our partnership with you as Non profit, charity or?

Mr. Edwards I have spoke with Tim Pappas several times since he graduated from ARC.
The last time was 1/3/2001. At this time he firmly told me that what he was doing,
was for God, � Not For The Salvation Army� Of course Tim also told me in Sept.of
2000, that he owed the Salvation Army 3 more months, that he felt obligated to them.
He couldn�t talk enough about the sober living house he was in, and his job at your Buena Park thrift store. On our last visit 1/3/2001 Tim once again said he had three more months with the Salvation Army. I couldn�t get angry with him, I could only pity him. To see Tim like this was more than I could take. I drove away and have not talked or seen him since. What your organization has done to him is uncomprehensible. Yes, Tim is clean and sober, but is he? If he really thinks he�s not having much to do with the Salvation Army, and what he is doing, is for God, maybe he isn�t aware of sobriety, much
less practice it. Lets take a look at Tim�s involvement with your organization�.

a.)he�s living in one of your sober living houses

b.)he works at one of your thrift stores

c.)he attends your Wednesday evening Bible Study

d.)he attends Saturday evening service at Tustin Ranch, Praise Works(SA)

e.)attends your am and pm Sunday services at ARC on Lewis St. Anaheim

f.)lives with only other Salvationist

g.)cannot have a normal conversation without SA being brought into it

I believe your organization does everything in their power, to mold these men and women into Salvationist, Soldiers, Adherents, Salvos, Corps, and whatever other names you go by." Brain washing " is what I call it.

Mr. Edwards I am requesting at this time to meet with you and other high authorities
of the Salvation Army, to discuss these and other issues we have. It would be for your organizations best interest to make this meeting as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact me via e- mail.

Sincerely


Linda Tillotson




------------------
Linda Tillotson
 #2 
Old 2001-05-15, 18:48
LindaToo2001 LindaToo2001 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Brainwashing Addicts into Salvationist

Many things have happened since I wrote Commissioner David Edwards, who is the western territorial commander of the salvation army. Tim and I are still apart, he's still working, living and breathing the Salvation Army. I've met many women who have or had their relationships destroyed, due to the husband, boyfriend or fiancee's, living by the Salvation Army's christian beliefs. They openly state that the Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. It's message is based on the Bible. It's mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in his name without discrimination.
What a bunch of crap! Did you know that they do not believe in baptizing? And openly state so in their articles of what they "Believe".
Has anyone noticed, what high City officials
sit on the Advisory Board?
Ours here in Anaheim Ca. has the mayor, Sheriff, under sheriff, social services, Robert Schuller from the Crystal Cathedro,(I guess his church doesn't keep him busy enough), city council members and county supervisors. Now don't we feel special. I'd like to find out what they have to gain by being members of the Salvation Army. Of course this is my opinion but, what would be a better way to laundry $$$$ than through a non- profit organization, lets say Charity.
I have found out through our investigation of this agency that they preach the gospel in the U.S. and in Algeria kill men, women and children. What type of hypercritosy is this. You can go to www.ploughshares.ca/content/ACR/ACR00/ACR00-Algeria.html and read it for yourself.
We would also like to find out what the SA gains by sheriffs and social workers working so close with them. Maybe they get information from the one en-rolled in their rehab centers, then relay the information to the sheriffs dept. who then conducts a drug raid, and claims " child endangerment and/or neglect." With your children now being used as a bargining chip, you cooperate or lose your children forever to the system. This guarentees a conviction and more justice dollars. Lets remember, the Salvation Army is privatly contracted by the Dept. of Social Services. They are recieving millions of dollars through federal grants for providing Drug Rehab. Services! So this keeps going in one big circle. Sounds logical to us. We would appreciate any feedback you have on this non-profit organization, whos revenue was " two Billion Seven hundred million, in 1996 "!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics