About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Conspiracy!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Conspiracy! This forum is about the unexplained, whether it's political hidden agendas, secret societies, clandestine operations, alien life, political assasinations, CIA trickery, Masonic sub-plots, and other bits of Truth.

View Poll Results: What do you believe?
The U.S. carried out the attacks. 97 32.88%
The U.S. knew before hand but did not carry out the attacks. 104 35.25%
The U.S. did not know and did not carry out the attacks. 81 27.46%
Other (Please elaborate) 13 4.41%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-09-16, 00:14
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default School Consiracy? (maybe)

I dunno if they are actually conspiring to do anything, probally not. But I recently found out that my school district and many others, without the students knowledge have tested and ranked every enrolled student's IQ and own personal Intelligence profile.

If you're in school still, watch for those little district tests the school slips in at predictable times of the year (beiginning of school years, around midterms, before long holidays, or at the end of school year) around here it usually comes in a scenario sort of like this..

you: goto homeroom
teacher: hands out some pointless shit
you: whine and bitch
teacher "The District would like you to fill out this simple questionaire, and to write a quick easy test."
you: whine and bitch some more
teahcer: takes the tests in
you: never here about the test again

This is how they get a hold of the information, the tests come every 2 or 3 years starting around grade 7. I learned this having a discussion with my psychology teacher.

Not really a conspiracy, just thought it was interesting, Almost no body here knows the school actually does this stuff. MProbally happens at alot of other schools too, if you don't know, ask. Iam sure that the school administration wouldn't mind telling you the truth.

-Diabolik Slim

 #2 
Old 2000-09-16, 01:55
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

IQ tests in schools are specifically designed (I read somewhere) to test your ability to learn. That means if you get a high score on their sneaky tests, and low scores otherwise, they can bitch at you for not living up to your potential, and give you low grades for attitude or whatever.. If you score low on those and high in your regular classes, then they say you're an outstanding student..
 #3 
Old 2000-09-16, 02:43
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

*shakes fist, leaves to work in French monastery/winery*
 #4 
Old 2000-09-16, 04:33
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

I knew they were keeping my IQ on file, but thye won't tell me when I ask (so I don't get low self-esteem or something). I always figured I was about 120 or so, ya know, a little above average. But, I've taken about 10 IQ self-tests since then, all of which have put me in the 150-160 region, cool, huh?

And another thing, I've gotta a lot of friends, some who are wayyy smarter than me, but since they don't give a shit about the tests, they get ranked in the 90-100 region and end up in remidial classes, where as I'm in all the Honors and AP crap. The system works in screwy ways...
 #5 
Old 2000-09-16, 20:42
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

1...3....4 *crys* well it isn't very accurate test but im around genius level.
 #6 
Old 2000-09-16, 22:26
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

148
 #7 
Old 2000-09-18, 18:45
cLoWn_uNiT cLoWn_uNiT is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

156
 #8 
Old 2000-09-18, 20:35
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

172
 #9 
Old 2000-09-18, 21:53
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

Wait, wait it's 153. I typed wrong honest.

No really, it's 153 according to this IQ test in the 200 great games CD.
 #10 
Old 2000-09-19, 00:50
BiggCatt BiggCatt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

140
 #11 
Old 2000-09-19, 02:00
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

Scored a 148 on some gay online test. I'm probally closer to a 90 though, piss on me.

-DiabolikSlim

P.S. - No I change my mind, don't piss on me
 #12 
Old 2000-09-19, 03:17
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

158.... I'm jealous of suz's big juicy brain.
 #13 
Old 2000-09-19, 03:18
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

But on internet IQ tests I've gotten as low as 40 and higher than 200 before.
 #14 
Old 2000-09-19, 16:15
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

tests vary depending on who made them and a whole bunch of other things.. I did a supervised test by mensa when I was 15, and that's what I scored, so I figured they knew what they were doing..
 #15 
Old 2000-09-19, 20:48
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

Stupid mensa. You have to be in the top 2% of people TAKING the test to join. If only people that even know about mensa take the test of course I'm not going to get in the top 2%. *spits*

Funny story. So my family is umm, special, concerned, above average intelligence wise. So we go into Toys R Us to by my brother some game. And my aunt asks a clerk "do you have a special section for mensa approved games and the clerk, didn't know what mensa was! Ah! Oh what do I expect, America *spits* Sorry for any offense to people who don't know what mensa is. It's really not that big of a deal. Mensa, humph, don't accept me. *shakes fist* Think they are so smart.
 #16 
Old 2000-09-20, 00:01
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

MENSA, I know what it is, what the fuck doe sit stnd for? LoL

-DS
 #17 
Old 2000-09-20, 00:30
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

Its latin for table.
 #18 
Old 2000-09-20, 04:26
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

According to the Simpsons, it's a constellation in the southern hemisphere. The first IQ test I took was one called the "Rainbow Test" in the back of a MENSA puzzle book. It had to with color sequncing and crap. Those MENSA puzzle books rock though, I've solved all the ones in my library, though.
 #19 
Old 2000-09-20, 04:28
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

I must be MENSA material. Check out the overuse of the word "though" in the above post.
 #20 
Old 2000-09-21, 02:19
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

Heh, we got this jackass writes editorials for our local paper, I've met 5th graders with bigger vocabularies then his ass. He'll use the same word in every second sentence through an entire half-page writeup, it makes me sick and he's making a living off it. So don't take it too seriously.
 #21 
Old 2000-09-21, 02:26
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

i scored a 149 and heard that only half of 1% of people who take iq tests score over a 150.

also that iq tests are not so much a test of how much knowledge you have but just how intelligent you are overall, not just what you know but what you understand.
 #22 
Old 2000-09-21, 04:16
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

IQ tests in the written sense are generally bullshit. The actual formula for determining your IQ is kinda like this

IQ = your score
--------------
average score


When you write an IQ test you are writing a test 'STANDARDIZED' on the results of around 5000 other people. If you are16 writing a test for a group of university students, you're gonna look like a fucking dipshit. If you're writing a test for middle school or junior high students, you might seem kinda smart. Same if you write an americna standardized test in canada (fucks alot of us canucks up i here).

No one really knows how to measure your IQ, these are just guesses at how you can measure it. Don't worry bout the score.

-DS
 #23 
Old 2000-09-21, 06:38
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

not really they factor in your age and standardize it with a demographic cross section.
 #24 
Old 2000-09-22, 05:04
DiabolikSlim DiabolikSlim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

Still, no one truely can measure your IQ, it's just an assumption that this is the way it works. No one knows that it is right. Hell we could put ourselves in a room full of monkeys and see what they think our IQ is, has anyone thought odf that? The written IQ test just seems to be the accepted way to do things.


I'll shut up now.
 #25 
Old 2000-09-30, 05:11
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: School Consiracy? (maybe)

IQ can only be measured with an accepted IQ instrument. Like, you wouldn't measure meters with a yardstick, would you? I wouldn't measure IQ with a monkey, would you?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics