About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Conspiracy!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Conspiracy! This forum is about the unexplained, whether it's political hidden agendas, secret societies, clandestine operations, alien life, political assasinations, CIA trickery, Masonic sub-plots, and other bits of Truth.

View Poll Results: What do you believe?
The U.S. carried out the attacks. 97 32.88%
The U.S. knew before hand but did not carry out the attacks. 104 35.25%
The U.S. did not know and did not carry out the attacks. 81 27.46%
Other (Please elaborate) 13 4.41%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-06-09, 10:17
DUDE DUDE is offline
Regular
 
Default Catcher In The Rye

My mate recently watched a programme on telly about some sort of mind controlling devices.
I can't remember much of what he told me but apparently these devices where used/implanted on factoryworkers in certain factories.
All the people identified as experimentees all read Catcher In the Rye many times.
And apparently John Lennon's killer had Catcher In The Rye in his possession when he killed him. There was also something about the author of CITR. I think he was involved in carrying out the experiment and CITR is an allegory of it. But I don't know - I've not read it.
I kind of get the feeling that this may be be old news and a lot of you may be yawning at this post but if anyone does know anything about this I'd appreciate a reply.
 #2 
Old 2000-06-09, 22:59
Suziegirl Suziegirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catcher In The Rye

what you're talking about is all in the plot of a Mel Gibson Julia Roberts Movie called Conspiracy theory. Are you sure that isn't what your friend saw?
 #3 
Old 2000-09-30, 04:29
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catcher In The Rye

I've read somewhere that another JD Salinger book actually caused Lennon and Regan's shooters to go crazy, "Franny and somehting." My english teacher said it's all a crock though. Is he in on it, or telling the truth?
 #4 
Old 2000-09-30, 10:49
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catcher In The Rye

i was 11 when reagan was shot, and i remember hinkley saying he did it to impress jodi foster, a then young and pretty much unknown actress.
 #5 
Old 2000-10-01, 05:13
Hero_of_Ktulu Hero_of_Ktulu is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catcher In The Rye

catcher in the rye is cool for the line:

"i dont know....maybe he was gay..or maybe he just liked patting young men's head in the dark"

something along that...that was cool...

you could take nearly any book and warp it in someway so it could be like CITR
 #6 
Old 2000-10-01, 06:33
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catcher In The Rye

You dudes said exactly what my english teacher said. You in on it too?????
 #7 
Old 2000-10-03, 14:49
SofaKingNO3 SofaKingNO3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catcher In The Rye

I'm one of the people that KNOW and I have a copy of catcher in my room. But THEY (the horde of eccentric yodlers) don't want you to know that it's our secret way to identify each other.
 #8 
Old 2000-10-17, 04:19
ScrewYou ScrewYou is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catcher In The Rye

I dont know if thats true but I know JD Salinger the author is crazy. He is protective of his book. He did not allow movies to be made of it. When a website devoted to it was made, his lawyers shut down the website. The author lives in suclusion and not many people know his whereabouts. Hes a fucking nut.
 #9 
Old 2000-10-17, 22:03
Lost_Girl Lost_Girl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catcher In The Rye

Okay. I read the Catcher In The Rye a few years back, and ever since I read it I've carried it everywhere with me and read it a million times. I just keep reading it over and over and if I forget it somewhere I get this sick feeling in my stomach.

Then I saw Conspiracy Theory a while back and it kind of freaked me out. I mean... I'm not too superticious of anything, and I definitely don't remember being experiemented on, but I have those characteristics.

Just weird, I guess.
 #10 
Old 2000-10-17, 23:08
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catcher In The Rye

RIGHT ON- I never come to this board but I like this topic. JD's daughter just did a rare interview where she spilled a few of the family beans and told of her dads bizarre behavior -including drinking his own urine- there have been other assassins that were caught with a copy of rye on them. I believe Sir-han Sir-han had one when they caught him. National Geographic magazine (wich has a world wide distribution) used to write coded messages to US agents oversees. Maybe JD's books had those same type of messages?????
 #11 
Old 2000-10-17, 23:23
lostmind lostmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catcher In The Rye

you know, charles manson thought the beatles wrote the white album for him, to tell him what to do.

that fuckers nuts, and so are you people if you think catcher in the rye is a conspiracy.
 #12 
Old 2000-10-18, 05:32
AtomicZagnut AtomicZagnut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catcher In The Rye

Great judgement, lostmind. How do you do your clinical evaluations with such little infromation on the patient? It really is amazing...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics