About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Bad Ideas
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-17, 03:41
deadkennedy deadkennedy is offline
Regular
 
Default agor plates

I think thats how you spell it. Anyways, I have a petri dish with agor in it (the stuff to grow bacteria). Good or Bad, I was wondering what to do with it. I already have bacteria that has been growing for a week. I took a cotton swab to a toilet seat. There is a good amount of clusters. My teacher said I should throw it out pretty soon so it doesn't get too dangerous, but it just seems like I could do a lot more with this. I don't want to waste perfectly grown bacteria. Can anyone help me out?

edit: Some grammar and spelling, hope you don't mind!

[This message has been edited by Ironz (edited 12-17-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-12-17, 16:02
JakeTakeoko JakeTakeoko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

quote:
Good or Bad



I might b a dumbass, but I would find somebody you don't like, and take a very small sample (freshly reproduced if possible) and mix it in water (if it doesn't do any harm). Let it reproduce for a few days (in a closed container, of course). Now, take a small sample and put it in school lunches. If kids start to get sick, then they might cancel school for a long time.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-17, 17:15
rockfan_24 rockfan_24 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

i would put it in what ever you can get your hands on like soda and stuff like that use your imagination


i so rule
 #4 
Old 2002-12-17, 17:19
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: agor plates

Grow bioluminescent bacteria.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-17, 17:57
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

����It's "agar" gell, a gellatin made from seaweed extract. If you were wondering, that is.
����Short of using it for small scale ameteur bioterrorism, you could try to grow something interesting like penicillin in it.

~Zero
 #6 
Old 2002-12-17, 18:32
deadkennedy deadkennedy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

how do i grow penicillin, aw forget it thats such a kewl question. Anyways, I was thinking about the school lunches. If I opened up the plate wouldn't that bacteria make me sick. How do I know if it is deadly or not. Where can I get more of these.
 #7 
Old 2002-12-17, 18:45
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: agor plates

I'd invest in one of those alien suits
 #8 
Old 2002-12-17, 18:47
O'CYRUS O'CYRUS is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

quote:
Originally posted by deadkennedy:
how do i grow penicillin, aw forget it thats such a kewl question. Anyways, I was thinking about the school lunches. If I opened up the plate wouldn't that bacteria make me sick. How do I know if it is deadly or not. Where can I get more of these.


theres no way 2 be ABSOLUTELY certain just how harmful the bacteria u have in there is. u would have to identify what types of bacteria r in there. u wouldnt be able 2 do it urself 4 obvious reasons (no offense), and having somebody help u with that just b4 u start a small epidemic in ur school isnt a great idea.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-17, 21:36
deadkennedy deadkennedy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

I was wondering if I could attatch this to a rocket so that when it is done gaining altitude and it shoots that ejection charge it opens the cap of the bacteria. That would be pretty cool to sell to someone that likes terrorism. (theres this one guy in my neighborhood that might buy it)
 #10 
Old 2002-12-17, 21:44
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

Don't be stupid.
Terrorisim. Pfft.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-17, 22:02
O'CYRUS O'CYRUS is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

well theres no doubt about it...this truly does belong in the bad ideas forum. cuz thats what messing with that culture of urs is, 1 REALLY bad idea. best thing u could probably do is 2 hand it over 2 the biology teacher at ur school so they can disinfect it using UV light, clean it, and thus take this burden off ur hands.
 #12 
Old 2002-12-18, 00:37
deadkennedy deadkennedy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

Well, I can't exactly turn it over to my science teacher. I kind of borrowed it from him. Besides, the other ones that he had he put in the trash can. If I did want to get rid of it, I would probably just dig a hole like a foot and a half deep and put it in.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-18, 01:17
O'CYRUS O'CYRUS is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

if u kind of "borrowed" it from him then just put it on his desk or something while he isnt looking. stick it in his mail box even. whatever, just get rid of the damn thing in some way that its not gonna cause ne trouble.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-18, 18:39
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

Just toss it, im sick now and i hate it, youll be sick soon also.

CTR
 #15 
Old 2002-12-18, 19:57
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

Clone some fungi...
 #16 
Old 2002-12-18, 21:17
NumB-nUTz NumB-nUTz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

ive just been growin sum bacteria in agar and got sumfin real intresting... I wiped the swab on everything i could find, people, toilet seats, etc. and after 9 days all i had was a orange blob 1mm wide and nothin else in the plate. I recon its produced sum bad ass antibody or sumfin... what shall i do wif that?
 #17 
Old 2002-12-18, 22:22
O'CYRUS O'CYRUS is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

quote:
Originally posted by NumB-nUTz:
ive just been growin sum bacteria in agar and got sumfin real intresting... I wiped the swab on everything i could find, people, toilet seats, etc. and after 9 days all i had was a orange blob 1mm wide and nothin else in the plate. I recon its produced sum bad ass antibody or sumfin... what shall i do wif that?


eat it and see what happens
 #18 
Old 2002-12-20, 02:02
deadkennedy deadkennedy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

Hey, I discovered from my science teacher that the agor is some special kind that only grows postitve or something like that. Basically it filters out the bad shit.

Gential Warfare- what happened?
 #19 
Old 2003-01-12, 09:11
d_bullimore d_bullimore is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: agor plates

After studying biology all through senior I'm going to take an educated guess and say that whatever incomprehensable babble that managed to escape deadkennedy's face concerning these agar plates which filter out "bad stuff" is utter rot. However having supposedly aquired this agar plate most likely containing some strain of E.Coli or somesuch does have it's sadistic uses, none which I will mention at this point in time. Though for deadkennedy I recommend cramming that thing into your mouth and biting down on it (in the name of science) bon appetite moron.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics