|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-10-30, 08:35
|
sexual assault 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Anti Shoplifting Devices
About a week ago, I stole a $200 Norelco Razor. I cut open the package, and emptied it's contents into my pockets. The next day, I went back to the same place(Fred Meyer) to steal another one so I could exchange it at another store for something. I didn't find any security tags on or in the package that I cut open the previous day, so I just shoved the whole thing in my coat. The beepers went off, I ran, and got away. I was wondering if beepers would go off if I took it into Wal Mart to exchange it.
|
|
#2
 2002-10-30, 09:39
|
eRJee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Anti Shoplifting Devices
Hello,
First this: i didn't know what a Norelco Razor was so i did a search on google, i came with this: http://www.consumer.philips.com/US/en/b2c/norelco/catalog/assets/category/sc_env_spectra.jpg
Is it something like that?
Well, since the alarm went off, there must be some sort of security on/in the package.
Assuming that you studied the package, did you find anything that looked like something that could set of an alarm? Something like a tag or a very thick BAR-code?
Now onto your question,
I ones was in a store where i bought something with a very thick BAR-code on it, i believe it is a magnetic strip that triggers the alarm, but the salesman forgot to remove it. When i walked out of the store the alarm went off.
The guy came to me and apologized for his mistake, he said if i walked into another store it could set of their alarms!
So i think there is a good change that it will also set wal marts alarms off.
So search for the thing that made the alarm go off and remove it.
[This message has been edited by eRJee (edited 10-30-2002).]
[This message has been edited by eRJee (edited 10-30-2002).]
[This message has been edited by eRJee (edited 10-30-2002).]
|
|
#3
 2002-10-30, 17:28
|
stokesy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Anti Shoplifting Devices
A secutity tag from one shop can definately set of alarms in other shops. I've had things that had been cleared in one shop set off the alsrm in another shop (suppose the alrms must be more sensitive in some shops than others)
|
|
#4
 2002-10-31, 04:02
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Anti Shoplifting Devices
Stores often hide security tags on the insides of boxes. A lot of the cds I buy have security tags on the inside of the case. Its just like that too fool people who dotn know better.
Now you know better!
|
|
#5
 2002-10-31, 19:28
|
BuD02 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Anti Shoplifting Devices
In response to the origonal question the answeat would be yes. What you need to do is empty the box out and look for the little tag. Sometimes the tag will be stuck in with some papers or something. Look for a instruction book and check the pages for a tag.
|
|
#6
 2002-11-01, 02:09
|
SixmanGenghisKa 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Anti Shoplifting Devices
it isn't just those stupid big tag and stuff, those are common but u cant always count on searching those. such as block buster, it's not a tag u see in kmart or walmart, it's just a thin metal strip, I know it will set off the alarm becasue I see ppl done it, I never set off the alarm because I use the entrance to exit, it's much faster and effiencent than going out in exit which will make the alarm go BEEP
|
|
#7
 2002-11-01, 04:39
|
kingenrage 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Anti Shoplifting Devices
Wait u mean that the store opens our products and sticks thier crap into them?
Thats it. i have had it haha
|
|
#8
 2002-11-01, 05:05
|
sexual assault 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Anti Shoplifting Devices
I knew that it would have a tag somewhere inside, and that's why I cut the first one I stole out of the package. But when I cut it open and searched it I couldn't find one. I thought that it was strange that a $200 item wouldn't have some sort of tag on it. All of the entrances and exits were guarded by the anti shoplifting machines, so I just went out of the one that had the least people around it.
|
|
#9
 2002-11-02, 15:43
|
midas_the_happy_canadian 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Anti Shoplifting Devices
quote: Originally posted by sexual assault: All of the entrances and exits were guarded by the anti shoplifting machines.
anti-shoplifting machines? you mean like a pair of robot arms picking you up and shaking you up and down for stolen stuff?
|
|
#10
 2002-11-02, 17:18
|
Moshy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Anti Shoplifting Devices
quote: Originally posted by midas_the_happy_canadian: anti-shoplifting machines? you mean like a pair of robot arms picking you up and shaking you up and down for stolen stuff?
Hahahahahahaha lol lol lol i laughed at that for like five mins. Heres a thought which i do alot. buy it (which gives u the recept) take it back get money back. keep unsigned recipt. Wait till shift change go back, pick up item walk around a lil make it look like u just walked in with the item if possible or if its a store with the return desk at the back just walk back there with it, say you bought it earlier but when you got home you (what ever works here) had bought one and so you dont need this one. so long as you do it the same day they will buy it. after you leave a store the security camera is usleses to do any thing to you if your not suspicous they wont check you out. now ull have your money back and you can be happy Incase your a dumbass this will mean ull have double money back [This message has been edited by Moshy (edited 11-02-2002).]
|
|
#11
 2002-11-03, 08:36
|
sexual assault 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Anti Shoplifting Devices
Listen, you ignorant cunt rags..... When I said anti-shoplifting machines, I was referring to the device guarding the exits that makes the beeping noise. And as for your brilliant idea on keeping the reciept after taking an item back..... That won't work, because you hand them the reciept, they staple it to the form that you fill out about the exchange, and they keep it behind their desks.
|
|
#12
 2002-11-03, 11:33
|
CamoCougar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Anti Shoplifting Devices
Duct tape shields the sequrity so the buzzer dosnt go off so eather put duct tape over the barcode or jus line a backpack with duct tape on the inside
|
|
#13
 2002-11-03, 13:37
|
Heretic5 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Anti Shoplifting Devices
I've heard before that you can use magnets to disable the anti-theft things inside stuff at stores. However, some people have a good explanation, and some have a gay-ass bullshit explanation. If anyone actually knows how to disable the little strips that set the machines off by using magnets, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me... Late...
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|