About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Bad Ideas
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-18, 14:52
YouAreNotYourKhakis YouAreNotYourKhakis is offline
Regular
 
Default PC Stealing

A friend of mine and I are planning on stealing a PC, not the monitor, just the PC and keyboard and mouse, from our schools computer lab. We're planning on bringing a duffel bag in and then putting all the shit in there. The bag itself is pretty well sized but we want to make things look as inconspicuous as possible. We will be ready in case they try to come after us but it woulnd't be easy to run with that shit. Any ideas?
 #2 
Old 2002-10-18, 15:21
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

quote:
Originally posted by YouAreNotYourKhakis:
Any ideas?


Yes! Rob a bank and buy yourself a pc. Or you could go to school, actually finish it, get a job, make some money and buy a pc. You could also rip off old (80+) grannies on the streets (+ possibly rape them). You could also start running really fast and 'bump' into a wall with your head (+repeat if still alive), that way, you won't be needing a pc. You could also ask your parents to buy you one. You can start selling dope or selling your ass on the streets. You could hide in a closet and masturbate, somehow hoping someone will buy you one. I can go on and on and on and on... well you get the point


All these ideas were better than yours. :Thumbsup:
 #3 
Old 2002-10-18, 15:42
YouAreNotYourKhakis YouAreNotYourKhakis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

What's wrong with my idea? You're pretty quick to judge. You are the moderator.. I would think that you would know that this is the Bad Idea's section, hence someone might construe it as a ::GASP:: BAD IDEA! I think it will work.. and I will have a computer.. for free. You go on and keep raping the old ladies...
 #4 
Old 2002-10-18, 16:23
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

There is a diffrence between a bad idea and idiocy.

Bad idea: robbing bank/person/store, pyro-stuff

idiocy: setting your cat on fire, stealing a pc from your school
 #5 
Old 2002-10-18, 16:54
SixmanGenghisKa SixmanGenghisKa is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

go to ur school at night break the window with that ice thing and get ur computer, my school had been broke in like this before
 #6 
Old 2002-10-18, 18:01
wideb0y wideb0y is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

quote:
Originally posted by YouAreNotYourKhakis:
You are the moderator.. I would think that you would know that this is the Bad Idea's section, hence someone might construe it as a ::GASP:: BAD IDEA!


Go Yany-K! (You don't mind me calling you that do you?)

Edit: Fixed Quote


[This message has been edited by wideb0y (edited 10-18-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-10-18, 18:44
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

Get a stencil and write on the outside of the duffel bag:

THERE IS NOT A COMPUTER OR KEYBOARD IN HERE.

That will eliminate any doubt that casual bystanders would/might have.

Nox
 #8 
Old 2002-10-18, 19:16
YouAreNotYourKhakis YouAreNotYourKhakis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

Lol, I guess I didn't explain it very well. Its a big duffel bag. Like I said, I'm not going to be trying to cram the monitor in there. The duffel bag is more than big enough to conceal the pc, I was looking for other tips. Xenobite.. explain to me how this is idiocy to steal a computer. Sounds like a good way of getting a free computer to me. Even if you think the PC would be noticeable that doesn't matter. The only person watching the room is some grad student. I can easily knock that fucker down and make sure my friend gets out with the PC. I don't see Idiocy here.. just risks.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-18, 20:20
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

I'm not speaking for Xeno, but stealing a school computer is dumb. First off, those computers are junk (unless you go after one that's in the Principal's office or his secretary). Second off, it's called Risk-Reward. Even after you've gotten it, you always have to be careful about who see's it or who knows about it. As Ben Franklin once said in Poor Richard's Almanac, "Two can keep a secret if one is dead".

Nox
 #10 
Old 2002-10-18, 20:44
YouAreNotYourKhakis YouAreNotYourKhakis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

Heh that is a good quote. I would tend to agree with you about the computers, but I'm in college... so they ain't no run of the mill gateways. These things are good enough for what we want it for. As long as we take the serial shit off I think we should be alright.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-18, 21:45
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

Be careful who comes in your room.

Nox
 #12 
Old 2002-10-19, 01:03
deptstoremook deptstoremook is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

steal easy stuff, sell it and buy a PC with your gains. Or get a job, you lazy bum.
 #13 
Old 2002-10-19, 01:22
jsaxton14 jsaxton14 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

You aren't going to get away with stealing a school computer. However, you can probably swipe some internal components from these machines. Once the teacher leaves, simply pop the case open on the computer next to you, swipe the ram, hard drive, whatever else you can get, and chuck it in your backpack. If the teacher gets back before you can close the case just say you were trying to fix it, most teachers don't know jack about computers so you can get away with this quite easily. Better yet, boot up to safe mode and screw up the regedit file before doing this. That way, you will be able to prove something was messed up. Steal something else to pay for the rest of the components. Hope this helps.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-19, 04:53
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

Your idea of breaking into a school is, of course, idiotic. Schools normally have POS computers anyway.

Here's a much better idea:

Go into computer stores with shitty security. Steal lots of expensive components. Swap and sell them to friends until you can build one or several PCs.
(BTW - go for corporate places...stealing from mom & pop businesses is fucking immoral.)
 #15 
Old 2002-10-19, 10:33
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

quote:
Originally posted by YouAreNotYourKhakis:
The only person watching the room is some grad student. I can easily knock that fucker down and make sure my friend gets out with the PC.


quote:
I don't see Idiocy here..


quote:
but I'm in college



quote:
As long as we take the serial shit off I think we should be alright.
IP



 #16 
Old 2002-10-19, 16:34
YouAreNotYourKhakis YouAreNotYourKhakis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

Ok, no one seems to understand that this is not some public run high school where the teachers keep close eyes on everyone and everything. This is a college, where they trust some skinny ass black grad student to watch this room. They expect people to go in, use the computer like nice little God fearin people and leave. People come and go as they please, the guard knows no one, and leaves all the time! Not to mention, these brand new computers are unidentifiable, and they are good. They weren't even bought by the university, but by money the Student Government collected.

"(BTW - go for corporate places...stealing from mom & pop businesses is fucking immoral.)"

I don't understand this... but alright. I want to be a corporate raider one day...

jsaxton14: Yeah we were thinking of doing trhat to get a cable modem as well.

deptstoremook: I do have a job, but why pay for what I can steal for free.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-19, 18:53
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

Its not as idiotic as it sounds...

Two weeks ago, someone walked in off the street, into the lab, picked up two iMacs, and walked out. Everyone just assumed he was taking them to get some work done.
 #18 
Old 2002-10-20, 03:11
KrayzieVanh KrayzieVanh is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

I don't think its right for anyone to say anything about this idea... it might be bad and seem idiotic... but hey.... whats the fourm title? If you go for it... hahaha best of luck... and if we don't hear from ya in a while... we'll know what happened!

 #19 
Old 2002-10-20, 04:33
Lab Lab is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: PC Stealing

Alright, given your specific curcumstances it might be a bad idea yes, and worth it no, but no adive other than look for a laptop. Get a new laptop bag, throw the laptop in and move to a new city, no one would ever notice.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics