About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Bad Ideas
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-27, 21:51
Regular
 
Default Is just leaving a good or bad idea?

I have wanderlust. Many times I wanted to just leave and see the world my slef. Kinda like the guys in the book "on the road."

The reason I havent yet is I dont know what to expect if I just went for a hitch hiking tour of the u.s. Wouldnt know what to do for money, wouldnt know what to do for shelter or food.

Any one here ever given into wonderlust and just left? Tell me was it worth it?
 #2 
Old 2002-09-28, 00:03
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is just leaving a good or bad idea?

See the book, Steal This Book, it's a little outdated but should give you a general idea of what you need to do. It teaches you how to hitchhike and score free food and stuff like that.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-28, 01:31
Vinnie9229 Vinnie9229 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is just leaving a good or bad idea?

Live in a closed up building like my town's favorite hobo. Live off ramen soup its like 25 cents and u can cook it on a fire in less than ten minutes
 #4 
Old 2002-09-28, 02:34
Regular
 
Default Re: Is just leaving a good or bad idea?

quote:
Originally posted by 6C:
See the book, Steal This Book, it's a little outdated but should give you a general idea of what you need to do. It teaches you how to hitchhike and score free food and stuff like that.


I look for it in my local libary but the real question is anyone here done this sorta thing? Or wants to?

[This message has been edited by gombowlzombie (edited 09-28-2002).]
 #5 
Old 2002-09-28, 02:48
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is just leaving a good or bad idea?

quote:
Originally posted by gombowlzombie:
I have wanderlust. Many times I wanted to just leave and see the world my slef. Kinda like the guys in the book "on the road."

The reason I havent yet is I dont know what to expect if I just went for a hitch hiking tour of the u.s. Wouldnt know what to do for money, wouldnt know what to do for shelter or food.

Any one here ever given into wonderlust and just left? Tell me was it worth it?



Hi Fellow Kenderkin

I've done some roadtrips, that's about it. I want to backpack across Europe on day, or do it Coast to Coast

[This message has been edited by Joe Boo (edited 09-28-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-09-28, 12:27
Regular
 
Default Re: Is just leaving a good or bad idea?

Some roadtrips? Tell more about them.
 #7 
Old 2002-09-28, 14:47
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Is just leaving a good or bad idea?

i always wanted to hop on a train and see where it takes me
 #8 
Old 2002-09-28, 16:29
rootXesp rootXesp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Is just leaving a good or bad idea?

quote:
Originally posted by Vinnie9229:
Live in a closed up building like my town's favorite hobo. Live off ramen soup its like 25 cents and u can cook it on a fire in less than ten minutes


those are some motherfucking expensive noodles! where i live you can that shit like 7 for a dollar
 #9 
Old 2002-09-28, 20:12
Regular
 
Default Re: Is just leaving a good or bad idea?

quote:
Originally posted by Cobranaut:
i always wanted to hop on a train and see where it takes me


Me too. Why dont we get a whole group of people who want to do the same thing and form our own band of gypsies?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics