About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Bad Ideas
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-09, 12:29
Deviant Deviant is offline
Regular
 
Default Trashing.

Zero The Inestimable gave me this idea of taking a single component out of a computer and then going into the trash and getting the broken computer out of the trash and putting the component back in.
I was trying this at the local library and they just got the computer fixed but when the computer disappeared for a while when it was in for repairs, I was going to the skip around the back of the library everyday. I found a load of books in the skip and took them home. I kept the ones that were only slightly damaged and threw away the rest. Then I went across town to another library and sold the books for a nice bit of change and everybody was happy.
This kind of made me interested in trashing and I was wondering where people do it and what do they look for?
 #2 
Old 2002-02-09, 17:28
cryptomatic cryptomatic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Trashing.

most of the time when people go trashing they are generally looking for thrown out credit card carbons or in old school hacking times, passwords (although i guess passwords are still thrown out today, but i dont think its too likely). Anyways Im interested in how you took out the computer part from the inside of the computer. I would like to try that idea myself but i dont know how to get it out short of taking a screwdriver to it and opening it, which would be extremely noticable with other librarians in the room.
 #3 
Old 2002-02-09, 19:35
Shruiken Shruiken is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Trashing.

my computer snaps open with 2 switches
but i have a plan
kill the librarian, steal books, read them, learn
simple plan no?
 #4 
Old 2002-02-09, 19:56
Deviant Deviant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Trashing.

Cryptomatic, actually I did open it with a screwdriver, I didn't open any screws either. I just pulled the front open a little bit and stuck the screwdriver in further and the piece fell out. Then I tried to turn the computer back on and it didn't work so I thought I was victorious.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics