|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do. |
 |
|
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 2 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
|
#1
 2002-02-06, 06:34
|
tek 
Regular
|
|
|
|
defeating shoplifting tags
this file is on totse in bad ideas but i am here to confirm it. in short all you do is take a ziplock bag(gallon size) and put AL foil over it, but don't just wrap cause it tears. i have like 7 layers of foil on each side of the bag and 2 inserts(to make more durable) of about 5 layer each. then the whole thing is covered in ducktape. there you have it a bag that whit a cd inside taht when you pass the detector it woun't go "get this bastard". make sure you have foil everywhere so as to be safe. i have a foil flap that goes over the opening of the bag to be safe.
this is how i tested it in sam goody. after the cd was in my bag which was down my pants i then grabbed a cd and walked towards the door as if i had seen someone. i hold the cd out of the detectors range and put my body, and concealed bag with cd, through the detector so if it went off i could just say "sorry, i saw someone" but it didn't so i put the cd back and walked outside with my concealed cd to freedome. it works and it was scary as hell testing it. just remember the more foil layers the safer you will be! and the ducktape jsut helps keep it quiet and durable. note that this goes WAY beyond cd's i mean you can get players, mp3, blah blah blah.
-Tek
|
|
#2
 2002-02-06, 06:43
|
Aracheon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
Tek,
You mean to tell me that file wasnt BS? That shit actually works?? For any store like Sam Goody or Wal-Mart?
|
|
#3
 2002-02-06, 06:48
|
tek 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
yes it really works. i know what your thinking and thats exactly what i thought till i tried it myself. try it, it takes balls the first time but probibly gets better. i have only done it once and that was today at sam goody. walmart scares me because ours has a camera(or black dome) on every aisle(sp?) just try it, and be ready yo explain or RUN.
|
|
#4
 2002-02-06, 21:47
|
draco06660 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
From what i have LEARNED, from experience in shopliftin and workin in stores that get alot shoplifters is that the censors r shit nobody really cares about weather or no they go off, it's if u look suspicious comin into the store then they r gonna watch u like a fuckin hawk
so don't waste all your time makin sum fuckin bag that will only work in one or two stores to rip of a cd or bullshit like that
best method dress all fancy and nice (as if u wer goin to church lol, look like u gotta lot a money) go into the store get whatever u want grab it and run like hell, make sure u got a buddy with a car waitin outside for ya (sorry a bicycle won't work kiddies...lol)
thats ur best bet if u got balls and
|
|
#5
 2002-02-06, 22:00
|
tek 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
umm.... running takes no balls, sorry to say. anyone can run and you don't have to have a suit on to do it. it takes balls to calmly slip a cd into a bag that might not work and walk through a detector. and "just cd's" is pretty good as you can get "box" sets that sell on ebay for anywhere from $50 to $100+. and you can use the bag on lots of stores to get cd players, mp3 players, dvd's, and all that fun stuff which carrys value on ebay.
|
|
#6
 2002-02-07, 04:42
|
Aracheon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
Fellas, that's cool. Tek, when you did it, were you wearing cargo pants? I have a pair that have ungodly huge pockets on the sides, and they're pretty baggy too, so it's not like anyone is going to notice. I'm gonna try it now. =)
Tek, have you been to the new Flatirons mall in Broomfield?
|
|
#7
 2002-02-07, 04:54
|
tek 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
quote: Originally posted by Aracheon: Tek, have you been to the new Flatirons mall in Broomfield?
well i might have, what state is it in? i did it by sticking the magic bag down my pants. not in cargo pockets. i don't think that cargo pants could hold the foil necessary to conceal a cd as well. unless they really are huge pockets. i did it again today, this time for profit. i got a grateful dead "so many roads" box set which i will get about $50 on ebay.
|
|
#8
 2002-02-08, 04:32
|
NightBlade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
isn't there like a sharp tool that would easily scrape the upc off the back (if it was like sticker grade)?
|
|
#9
 2002-02-08, 14:53
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
A straight razor could scrape the tag off. With a utility knife you could just cut that entire part of the package off, if you had a mind to. Usually the tags are on the outside, so you can just rip them off and throw them away.
I still fail to see how a bag lined with aluminum foil could possibly defeat a theft sensor. To my knowledge aluminum, especially a layer that thin, has no RF or magnetic shielding properties. Remove the tag and you run a zero percent chance of the alarms going off. It's as simple as that.
Someday I will perform an experiment by removing the tags from several pieces of merchansise (leaving the merchandise behind- They can't arrest me for stealing their theft tags!) and disabling one with a magnet, putting one in this magic foil bag, and trying some lead tape. We'll see whose idea works better then.
~Zero the Inestimable
|
|
#10
 2002-02-08, 22:15
|
Deviant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
An aluminium foil wrapped bag could defeat radio frequency tags. Generally, three types of security tags are used: - Radio Frequency Tags - These are a spiral shape. They can be disarmed by making a slit in them. Sometimes radio frequency tags are actually embedded in the cardboard.
- Electromagnetic strips - These are a tiny strip of metal. They can usually be pulled off but if you want to disarm them, you can do so by magnetising them. They can be magnetised by waving a powerful magnet in front of the strip repeatedly for 20-40 seconds. A good magnet to use would be one of the two magnets inside your computer because these magnets aren't needed and they are very powerful. These magnets also have a North and South Pole on either end and either face of the magnet.
- Acousto-magnetic tags - these tags are a centimetre in length and width. They stick out of the box about a sixteenth of an inch. There are three metal strips going through these type of tags, one of the strips actually shrinks if you go through the sensor and it sets off the alarm. You can disarm these tags by demagnetising them.
|
|
#11
 2002-02-09, 00:58
|
tek 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
zero, all you have to do is test it. i am not knowlageable about anything like that all i know is that it works, i don't care how. i have used it 2 times, both at sam goody so i don't know if it works with all the sensors. i have nothing to gain by lieing(sp?) its not like im selling them.... hmmmm...
|
|
#12
 2002-02-09, 04:37
|
Aracheon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
quote: Originally posted by tek: well i might have, what state is it in?
Broomfield, Colorado
|
|
#13
 2002-02-09, 22:09
|
La Terreur 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
The Kmart/Wal-Mart Rivalry.
I bought these boots at Kmart, and EVERYTIME I go into Wal-Mart with them on, it goes off. Going in AND out. When I go in the guy sitting by the door is like "what the hell?" and I just say it's my shoes. Then when I walk out through the same door, he just says "Oh it's alright."
So one day I'm thinking "Why can't I just steal a bunch of shit then?" So I went to the electronics department, stole about 4 cd's, put them in my inside jacket pocket, then I bought one cheap tape (not CD, but ghetto ass tapes) and got the bag, then headed for the exit. I walked through and it goes "Ding! You have activated such and such alarm." And the guy says "Just go through." Since he saw it went off when I went IN TO the building.
Just wear the kind of clothes that would be expected of a rich white boy who's dad is the head Neurosurgeon at the local hospital. (Abercrombie and Fitch, Aeropostale, etc). I noticed if I ever wear these, I hardly EVER get hassled.
Good luck
La Terreur
|
|
#14
 2002-02-10, 04:31
|
tek 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
nice. are they steel tipped boots? heh that reminds me of a story, when my bro and i were in zimbabwe going through the airport security his boots set off the alarm. well he just said "it's my boots" and they let him through no search not hassel nothing. but then again who would want to take a small zimbabwean plane hostage?
|
|
#15
 2002-02-10, 23:07
|
Hongod 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
This bag is so great. I have been making them since last week and sold around 10. It doesn't just work at a couple stores either, and is useful because peeling or scratching off the stickers takes way too long and will get you caught. My associates and I have tried it at Hollywood Video, Libraries, Wal-Mart, K-Mart (which is perfect because it's going out of business and is understaffed), Blockbuster Video, Sam Goody, Suncoast Video, and Babbage's Electronics. This works I every kind of beeping detector in my expirance but dont be a dumb-ass and try it on an ink theft device, as it would obviously have no effect on those. Try not to be an ass and target locally-owned businesses or not return your books to the library, and dont steal from independant labels like Fat Wreck Chords or Asian Man or Epitaph, poseur.
[This message has been edited by Hongod (edited 02-11-2002).]
|
|
#16
 2002-02-10, 23:32
|
tek 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
hmm nice 1st post choice. hoe much have ya been getting per bag? and why would anyone really buy one as you can make them so easily. hmmm forgot about blockbuster, allright, free games!!
|
|
#17
 2002-02-11, 02:33
|
Hongod 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
I've been selling the bags for $5-$10 and I tell the people I "treat" the foil with a magnet or chemicals or something, and then I show them at a library or some other place they really wouldn't care
|
|
#18
 2002-02-11, 02:44
|
tek 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
hmmm maybe i should start selling these. how many layers are you using? i have about 7 on each side and an insert of about 5 per side to ensure durability.
|
|
#19
 2002-02-11, 06:40
|
Hongod 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
I just use one layer on each side and a third that goes all the way around; this seems effective enough and would probably really cut your costs. I calculated that in my method when buying store-brand it only costs 37� for the ziploc and foil, but I dont know how much the duct tape is. Oddly, more people were interested when I began writing "F*CK" in electrical tape on the side, and I assume any novelty of the same sort would interest people. This girl Dana I know made hers into a purse so it doesn't look so suspicous and I would think these to be marketable, and I've also thought about backpack inserts�
|
|
#20
 2002-02-11, 21:52
|
MrEricSir 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
quote: Originally posted by Zero the Inestimable: A straight razor could scrape the tag off. With a utility knife you could just cut that entire part of the package off, if you had a mind to. Usually the tags are on the outside, so you can just rip them off and throw them away.
This isn't the case on DVDs, Dreamcast games, etc. BTW, don't worry about stealing shit at Wal-Mart. The cameras on the ceilings are mostly fakes. I've known people who've stollen thousands of dollars worth of merchandise at Wal-Mart and haven't been caught.
|
|
#21
 2002-02-12, 00:06
|
tek 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
yes i know that most of them have to be fake and there would be too many to be able to have every non-fake one watched, but there is that chance that you get screwed, pick the one isle with a real camera
|
|
#22
 2002-02-12, 01:13
|
draco06660 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
thats bullshit i knoe for a fact (I use to fuckin work there) that in wal mart all the cameras IN THE ELECTRONICS AND GAMES DEPARTMENT
BUT!! they USUALLY have no one lookin at them b/c the way wal mart's security monitor's are set up is there is like 25 small monitors on one wall (and like 2 guys and another 2 or 3 guys acting as undercovers)watching then AND one big screan monitor too zoom in on any potential shoplifter for detail u know?
|
|
#23
 2002-02-13, 22:05
|
MrEricSir 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
quote: Originally posted by draco06660: u know?
No, I couldn't understand a word you said. Try learning some grammar.
|
|
#24
 2002-02-27, 05:44
|
tek 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
just an update here, i made a "magic box" that is just a half a ups box wrapped in tinfoil with a tinfoil top. anyways i tried it out and was able to get 5 dvds in one go. it was in my backpack so another person came to load it up. we could have gotten more but we were taking a bit of time so we just left. i think i could get about 12 dvds/cds in the box and those going for about $20 each thats $240 worth of movies, not bad at all.
|
|
#25
 2002-02-27, 10:02
|
EquANouX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
me and my friend went to try on designer classes riped off the magnetice tags while starring at each other and made a run for it best thing is it takes them a while to realise why youran out so fast
|
|
#26
 2002-03-10, 20:04
|
Aracheon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
quote: Originally posted by IKEDkooz: I lined the inside of my coat this time and I love it. TRY IT because it beats trying to conseal a bag and makes it less obvious.
Okay, so how did you manage to line the entire inside of your coat? What about the top, bottom, and the sleeves? Or do you have like a bag sewn into it? Also, what kind of coat is it? I'm quite interested in this, and I might find it rather useful.
|
|
#27
 2002-03-11, 09:25
|
hp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
Yes, attach it inside your coat, that's what I said, it's really simple!
Look, just sew one side of your bag to your coat and leave the rest as it is; the other side of the bag as well as the buttom must hang lose. Also, make sure you have a big opening on the top, this way you can fit stuff in the bag more easily.
I don't know how I could describe it in any easier terms... it seems so simple.
|
|
#28
 2002-03-20, 02:46
|
drastic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
can anyone give any tips from stealing from blockbuster? Mine has the clear plastic cases with the beige lock at one end, then the regular cases with the plastic strip that goes down the spine to lock them (I'm talking about Xbox/dvd cases here). With some force both these locks can be bypassed but its kinda loud and bit of a pain in the ass....can anyone give some tips on stealing from blockbuster ? I got a few games when they didnt have the clear cases with the big locks around the regular cases but now it takes to long to bypass both those locks discreetly....so any help would be appreciated!
|
|
#29
 2002-03-27, 02:39
|
drastic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
ok made me a magic bag and took it to blockbuster...WORKS GREAT!!!!
to all the "know-it-alls" who say aluminum foil won't shield the anti theft sensors...EAT A DICK.
|
|
#30
 2002-03-27, 03:04
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
Until I have concrete evidence in my hand that this works I'm going to stand by my opinion that you are crazy.
~Zero the Inestimable
|
|
#31
 2002-03-27, 03:39
|
drastic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
http://www.mail-archive.com/cpunks@minder.net/msg01286.html
Why would they do this then?
IT WORKS! Instead of acting like you have half a clue go out and TRY it.
You can find other information on the ban on google. You can also find links to the sensor companies that sell to stores and some of them comment on this problem.
|
|
#32
 2002-03-27, 03:57
|
Cloverass 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
hey tek i would really appreciate it if you would email me about the subject. im very interested and am making a bag of my own, but you seem to be the expert on the subject......you can get me at rufus12301@aol.com
|
|
#33
 2002-03-27, 17:49
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
Don't mind if I do.
And I did.
I constructed a bag, about 6 inches to side (half the width of a roll of foil), with eight layers on all sides, and six on the flap. The entire assembly was held together with duct tape, both on the inside and outside.
I ventured to the local Kmart and peeled a tag off of a printer ink cartridge box. This tag was the white strip kind that can be disabled with a magnet. I dropped it in the bag, and walked through the sensor.
Nothing. Boy, was my face red.
Just to make sure, I took the tag out of the bag and went back in the store. Bells and whistles sounded, and a security guard showed up. I smiled, gave him the tag, and walked out...
Whereupon six of the little blighters showed up, and blew a lot of hot air about how they were going to press charges. I knew they couldn't, since I hadn't done anything illegal and could prove it, but roughing them up to escape from a crime I didn't commit was more trouble than it was worth. In the end they all strutted around the security office and showed be how big their dicks were, tried to scare me some more, and when they figured out it wasn't working they let me go. Fools.
In the short of it, strip tags are indeed blocked from the sensor inside a foil bag. I may try some RF coil tags later, but I am not as optimistic about these.
~Zero the Inestimable
|
|
#34
 2002-03-30, 00:03
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
I guess this means my lead tape theory wasn't as implausible as it was made out to be, but aluminum foil and duct tape is much cheaper and easier to get so that's the way to go.
|
|
#35
 2002-03-30, 01:28
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
I'm still trying to determine why. I fail to see how a layer of foil that thin will disrupt a radio signal. I think perhaps the layered effect of the foil confuses the sensor, or distorts the signal. This will require more reasearch.
~Zero the Inestimable
|
|
#36
 2002-03-31, 05:50
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
Well get on it, try it on a small battery powered radio on a station that comes in good (I don't know if foil would be sufficient enough for an entire radio though, usually it is used to improve reception).
I'm guessing that it fucks the signal up or fades the signal strength so it is not sufficient to trigger the sensors, the signal has to pass through the foil to reach the sensors to trigger them after all.
|
|
#37
 2002-03-31, 22:29
|
quandary 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
ok ive just read this thread, this aluminium stuff looks very promising indeed, i'd just like to know how many people here have actually tried it, and can say for sure that it works?
|
|
#38
 2002-04-01, 00:34
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
I just tried it; look up a few posts. It works on magnetic strip tags - The ones that are puffy rectangles of plastic, maybe 1 cm wide by 5 cm long.
~Zero the Inestimable
|
|
#39
 2002-04-01, 00:51
|
modega 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
thanks guys for ur input. heres how i do this. i bought 2 larg honeycomb boxes and lined the inside with foil. i then snipped apart the bag holding the cereal and attached it to the inside of the box. so if somehow the alarm did go off and they looked insde, all they would see is cereal  now i go in blockbuster with my bags of groceries and two things of honeycomb from home. with a friend i managed to get 43 DVD's out of the store. i plan on doing this to every blockbuster, videowarehouse or whatever i can find. i am later gonna sell these to a pawnshop. this works good. and i am proud to say the first time i shoplifted i managed to get jay and silent bob sucessfully, although nervous 
|
|
#40
 2002-04-01, 13:41
|
Roscoe 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
And they also make money for you. Read about the sales upthread. 
|
|
#41
 2002-04-01, 22:49
|
quandary 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
this sounds very safe, would it work with those anti-theft things they have on clothes?
|
|
#42
 2002-04-01, 23:17
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
Blockbuster has cameras too so watch out.
|
|
#43
 2002-04-15, 20:53
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Facedown in the shag rug.
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
Yeah, I realize the thread is pretty much dead, but I just saw it. So there.
I'm pretty sure the aluminum bag works because it acts as a Faraday cage, blocking the signal the same way a car protects you from lightning.
|
|
#44
 2002-04-15, 21:40
|
MrEricSir 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
quote: Originally posted by quandary: this sounds very safe, would it work with those anti-theft things they have on clothes?
I am also curious about this. Most of those devices are actually NAILED together with a tack. You can rip the thing appart in the dressing room if you know how (I have seen the tacks with plastic heads on the floor) but I do not know how to do this myself.
|
|
#45
 2002-04-15, 21:59
|
Zero the Inestimable 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
The tags on clothes are supposedly loaded with glass vials of ink. If you wrench them too hard they'll break and you'll get ink all over what you were trying to steal.
I haven't nailed down how they work, but I think they will open only with force applied directly to the metal pin holding the two halves of the tag together. You could, I imagine, employ a pair of needlenose pliers for this. I'll need to do more research before I can give you a verified method...
~Zero the Inestimable
|
|
#46
 2002-04-15, 22:28
|
Swartz45 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: defeating shoplifting tags
I'm going to try this idea tomorrow. I'm going to get many layers of aluminum foil around the inside of a bag, stick it down the front of my coat, and slip stuff into it and walk out.
At my local Wal-Mart there is a pellet gun I want pretty bad that looks exactly like a Colt Longslide and it's in pretty good sized, flat packaging. The only problem is finding an isle in the store that there are no cameras at and slipping it into the bag from there. I'll let you know how it goes (even if the alarm goes off, I'll still most likely get away with it because the bridge over to the next state is very close to Wal-Mart and all I have to do is run across the bridge and then I'm out of their jerisdiction(sp?)).
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|