About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Bad Ideas
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-03, 21:55
Vindicatus Vindicatus is offline
Regular
 
Default Atm Security Features

I've heard about different protection devices. Ink sprays the cash inside when you disconnect the unit from a power source or network. Are the machines shock sensative?
 #2 
Old 2002-02-04, 01:07
Vindicatus Vindicatus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Atm Security Features

Can security measures be disabled with emp? Has anyone tried?
 #3 
Old 2002-02-04, 11:25
Alex Jacobson Alex Jacobson is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Atm Security Features

I think they changed some of the ATMs so now theyre both hooked up to the same power supply so if you disable it then you can't get any money unless you rip out the ATM, so its pretty secure. I might suggest getting some wire and inserting it in to the card slot hooked up to a battery so it starts spitting out money but i just heard that one floting around it probley isn't true.
 #4 
Old 2002-02-05, 01:25
Vindicatus Vindicatus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Atm Security Features

I'm speaking about stand alone machines. The ones attached to the wall seem a bit too challenging. Does anyone know where to find some schematics?
 #5 
Old 2002-02-05, 02:22
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Atm Security Features

I don't imagine such a thing would be that readily available.

I do know this: If a standalone ATM (such as the ones in gas stations and Kmarts) is disconnected from its line for long enough an alarm will be tripped. I know this because I found the line for one of these at a local department store, which was located directly next to the bench at booth in the food court area. Apparently the ATM machine used to reside directly in front of the jack, but it was moved away from the door (and the jack) by a few feet, faced the other way, and the empty floor space was filled with the table. It had "ATM" and a code number penciled in on it. Since I had nothing better to do I unplugged it to examine the hardware (a normal RJ11 telephone plug, but with 6 pins on it instead of 4). Satisfied with my discovery I plugged it back in and went to wander around the store. No later than ten minutes afterwards the police were there.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #6 
Old 2002-02-05, 21:53
Vindicatus Vindicatus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Atm Security Features

Thats the stuff im looking for...please more.
 #7 
Old 2002-02-09, 13:28
Deviant Deviant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Atm Security Features

This might help: http://www.howstuffworks.com/atm.htm
 #8 
Old 2002-02-10, 08:52
Vindicatus Vindicatus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Atm Security Features

Thanks I'm sure to get an "A" on my next quiz...
 #9 
Old 2002-02-12, 04:30
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Atm Security Features

I've wondered about how to get into ATMs for awhile. Once I sat across the street from an ATM getting serviced. I was watching through binoculars and it's a pretty hefty safe in there that would be pretty hard to get through even if you ripped it out of the wall and took it home. The guy(armed of course) swiped a card and typed in a long code, then opened the outer door of the machine which had a pretty stout lock. Then he opened a lock that had a large key and a combination. The door that he opened after that looked to be about 4 inches thick. Then he stil had to undo a few latches to get at the money. At that point I pretty much dropped the idea sice you won't be able to cut through that door before the cops arrive from the alarm. It would be really hard to get in there without drawing attention even without the alarm. I wanted in one since I saw a guy loading 4 stacks of $20 bills each about a foot thick into one.
 #10 
Old 2002-02-12, 04:37
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Atm Security Features

Another idea that I had was to set up a spectrum analyzer next to a machine and destroy all wires going to it. Then scan the frequencies coming out of the atm until you find a spike which idicates what freq the alarm is. Then haul ass and leave it alone for a while. After everything has gotten back to normal jam that freq with a transmitter stronger than the alarm signal. That way you'd have some time to do your cutting or to load up the damn thing. It might also put out a continuos signal that sets off an alarm when it's disrupted(power loss, or tampering) If that's the case you're screwed cause it would be coded.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics