About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Bad Ideas
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-05-17, 16:57
kitzz876 kitzz876 is offline
Regular
 
Default "Narcs" on the Board

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm betting that there are no "narcs" on this board and that people love to spout out that word because it makes them feel as if they are more "criminal" and as if they're being chased, like out of the movies, even on this board. Are people here physically robbing banks and killing people? Because THEN you'd get proactively persued, maybe even to an internet board. But I regularly get on a lot of steroid boards where people openly post questions about illeagal drug use and get answers and help rather than silly accusations...the reason being that the body builders are older, mature, and don't have any need for fake drama, i.e., someone's chasing me because I'm so "bad" and I have to "look over my shoulder all the time." Also they know the extent of the law and that they can say whatever they want on their board without fear...it's a free country. Otherwise, I'm just wondering, and no flame intended, but honestly and objectively, what the reasoning is behind all the "cop" calling I'm seeing lately and if there is any real basis for it from a past experience. If so I'll eat my words. Flame if you must. Thanks
 #2 
Old 2001-05-17, 18:49
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

Look at the shit on this site. Look at the shit people ask about. Bombs. Explosives. Guns. Most people may not know jack shit about it, but it's probably going to get a hell of a lot more attention than a steroid board.

Beyond that, TOTSE has been around for a long, long fucking time. Over ten years. To my knowledge, it's always been a repository for information of this type. It's been on the news (or in newspapers) before, both in passing (someone does a bad thing and they claim to have found out how to do it from this site) or, in rare instances, as the focal point of a story.

Point blank, it's gained a measure of fame for what it has to offer, both in text files and the potential knowledge of those who read the boards. That means that this is a place where people will turn to if they want to know about something that might not exactly be kosher with the law, and the law knows it.

Believe it or not, those of us who spout "narc" are helping those who may not realize that this isn't an ordinary, completely-ignored web site. If you want to ignore it, fine. I'm sure some of those that have been called narcs aren't, and you're welcome to take your chances.
 #3 
Old 2001-05-17, 22:03
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

There's also the fact that some police agencies in the US do conduct stings over IRC and web boards. Selling child porn or credit cards are two I've heard about.

No one's chasing me, of course. 'Cause I don't post stupid shit on the web. :P
 #4 
Old 2001-05-17, 22:07
othium othium is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

we at this bourd will awnser any and all quistions that we can. and that is all fine and dandy but when people are aksing us to sell them guns, drugs, or anything illeagal or connecting us to crimes that we could be charged with yelling "narc" is how we protect those who are not smart and might just have the mentality to do such a stupid thing, and ultimitly protecting those people from being charged.

if you trust a no name face that could be anybody a rapist, cop, kid, soccer mom, non violent drug user then fine put your life in there hands and take a chance and just hope they aren't a cop.

and if there not a cop they could just as easily get caught by one and give out all your information.

and unless you are totally anonomous (sp) wich I and I'm sure most of us here are not then you are in great danger of being criminally charged.

now I'm sorry if your mad that we try and protect you by trying to help make you see that these people are doing something that could put you at risk.

------------------
cogito, ergo sum
 #5 
Old 2001-05-17, 22:54
kitzz876 kitzz876 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

No No God no I didn't mean to give off that impression...I have never been called anything nor have I ever asked these aforementioned kinds of questions...it just seemed like overkill to me but I stand corrected. Thanks for the info..didn't know this board was so wide spread.
 #6 
Old 2001-05-18, 00:35
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

This is a website designated for free speech. Thus, anyone is perfectly allowed to say whatever they think should be said without persecution; and just because they talk about it or know about it doesn't exactly mean that they are going to do it. Therefore, no one can legally be procecuted from this board unless they say that they have done something illegal (which some people have) and also manage to somehow provide proof (not a guide or explanation) that they actually did it. If they do not provide physical evidence that they did it, than they can not be legally sought out by any kind of law official.

Then again. I don't know how it works in all different countriess. So, I'm just speaking for the Americans on the board.

Cheers,
Lost
 #7 
Old 2001-05-18, 06:15
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

You might notice, though, that most NARC comments come when someone posts asking for illegal stuff.
 #8 
Old 2001-05-18, 09:53
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

I'm a narc.
 #9 
Old 2001-05-18, 18:46
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

We know. But you're a funny narc.
 #10 
Old 2001-05-18, 19:48
othium othium is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

if I was a narc would I be a funny narc?

------------------
cogito, ergo sum
 #11 
Old 2001-05-18, 22:41
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

No, you'd be the annoying newbie who never went away.

NO JOKE!
 #12 
Old 2001-05-18, 22:49
sckbch sckbch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

I'm a narc as well. I've got your IP number buddy, and I will beat the fucking answers out of you, once we get the judge to sign bench warrant.
 #13 
Old 2001-05-19, 06:48
JCX JCX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

speaking of narcs, im hungry. im gonna go get some food. see y'all later.
 #14 
Old 2001-05-19, 12:34
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

*confused*

I don't get it. And why should I?
 #15 
Old 2001-05-19, 12:39
Ancisace Ancisace is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

Stands up and shouts "Im a narc!", hoping to get an "I'm spatacus" style thing!
 #16 
Old 2001-05-19, 23:54
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

*no one stands up*
*crucifies Aniscase*
 #17 
Old 2001-05-21, 01:24
PcThUg2ooo PcThUg2ooo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

i like sleep.
dreams are cool.
 #18 
Old 2001-05-21, 02:37
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

*sleeping*

Cheers,
Lost
 #19 
Old 2001-05-21, 03:39
kitzz876 kitzz876 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

Just wanted to point out that those last few comments seemed a little strange and needless, and I'm not sure how to respond nor do I have any rational response to anything in the last few comments. Thanks =)
 #20 
Old 2001-05-21, 06:23
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

cant enigma just look at the IP address's of some of these posts and see if they are Government issued IPs addy. i know there is a list of all IP Prefixes out there. i have seen them before. someone made a list of them for warez servers who want to block access to federal ISP sites. now wether its legal for a federal officer to use AOL or NetZero maybe another story. but i bet if enigma looked at some of the incoming IP address's he might be shocked to find some of them in fact are federally linked.
 #21 
Old 2001-05-21, 16:31
sckbch sckbch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

here's my ip, gove't issue: 001CIA
 #22 
Old 2001-05-21, 18:57
othium othium is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

if enigma did that they would change there ip.

------------------
cogito, ergo sum
 #23 
Old 2001-05-21, 22:37
sckbch sckbch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

you're all surrounded. give up your bongs.
 #24 
Old 2001-05-22, 02:10
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

Witch, you act as though enigma doesn't have any government friends or connections, even. And why would enigma go out of his way to check the IP's of "mysterious users"?

I am thinking that most of the text files on totse contains information that the government is comfortable having the public know. It's not a threat to national security and even if someone were to make a bomb a la Tim Mc Veigh, they would be caught and jailed.

Our Government looks at the faceless picutre, we are a society and we will have misfits. Containable to say the least.

[This message has been edited by Lokil (edited 05-22-2001).]
 #25 
Old 2001-05-22, 03:55
Wh1t3Rav3n Wh1t3Rav3n is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: "Narcs" on the Board

I only read the first page of this, and from that it seems to me that you are placeing all you identifying abilitys on the persons IP -and thats stupid. You can easly CHANGE the IP you are using, or even make it so that the ip it gets isnt even yours-whether you do this with a prog., a "interesting" way of setting up your internet connetion, or via surfing a'la proxy-server - there is ALWAYS going to ba a way to keep your ip a secret-you just have to find it-if you dont believe me, try to connect with your browser to my ip (or should I say the ip the message board got ?) then you will see, its not about who you are on the net, its about who you want to be..
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics