|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2000-07-14, 16:32
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
1-800 Number Fun
I recently read a file in the "Irresponsible Activities" Section of things to know (called High Tech Hellraising 2) about how you can get free phone calls from some payphones by dialing certian 1-800 numbers than, waiting for the dialtone and making another call. This second call will be free of charge, according to the file. I intend to go test this on all my local payphones, but considering the file is old, would like to know if anyone has gotten the trick to work in recent years. Thanks.
|
|
#2
 2000-07-14, 17:59
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
gotta be a no name phone company...
|
|
#3
 2000-07-14, 21:10
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
Maybe. I'm thinking it only works on COCOTs, but you never know. Sometimes phone companies let things slide. After all, did you read about the hole in AT&T wireless service in the Spring 2600?
|
|
#4
 2000-07-18, 17:29
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
*hold head in hands* ouy, that, has to be the stupidest thing I've heard.. Good for a cheap laptop modem though....
|
|
#5
 2000-07-20, 05:03
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
I've tried it so far on a bunch of payphones, all Ameritech owned. No luck with them.
|
|
#6
 2000-07-20, 05:48
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
That hasn't worked for me in a long while. S'why I'm *trying* to figure out cell. Argh, I have no attention span.
|
|
#7
 2000-07-22, 04:59
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
You have no attention span??? I was teaching myself Java, but I got bored. So I moved on to C. Got bored. Now I'm on Perl. However, the library just called and said their book on Visual Basic is in...
|
|
#8
 2000-07-22, 10:11
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
That is what I said isn't it? Fuck programming. I knew a few languages but have forgotten most. Never had to really teach myself. I'm just too elite I guess.
|
|
#9
 2000-07-23, 04:13
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
Im so elite I just hit buttons on the keyboard, and out pops perfect code, comments and all...
course it doesn't actually compile, but minor details like that never worry me....
|
|
#10
 2000-07-24, 05:03
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
That reminds me of an intresting story. At my high school, they had Foolproof security system on the computers. One day in my computer class, I was actually working instead of poking my nose in things that weren't my bussiness, like password logs, when the kid next to me, who's a total spaz, screams "Look, I'm a hacker!!" and slams down on my keyboard. The little lock in the system tray, which signifies Foolproof is running, immeadiatly dissappears. The kid next to me goes "Whoa! I didn't know that would work." So, turns out I spent the rest of the semester with my nose in other people's password logs. I still managed to pull a C in the class...
|
|
#11
 2000-07-24, 05:13
|
DiabolikSlim 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
Ask me you are just as good off to get a toll free PBX...
Do some scanning.. The passes are usually easy as fuck to crack..
if you are too lazy to scan and try to crack the pass got the Age of Though & Technology page..
Check out their number list.. there are a few toll free PBX's ther ethat are unelievably fucking easy to use..
try 1-800-456-0000
i think thats right..oh well nm
Diabolik Slim
|
|
#12
 2000-07-24, 05:42
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
Lame. I type in machine language like the rest of the elites.
|
|
#13
 2000-07-24, 06:29
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
you type your machine language?
I just write out the binary straight onto the hard drive with an electromagnet, saves a lot of time....
|
|
#14
 2000-07-24, 07:43
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
You just said you type code.
I have to pee.
|
|
#15
 2000-07-24, 15:22
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
no, I type out my higher level languages. Assembly is best done with electromagnets.
|
|
#16
 2000-07-24, 21:22
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
If you make a mistake doing that, your hard drive will probably end up eating itself.
|
|
#17
 2000-07-24, 22:01
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
An elite would never even think that. Eat me.
Both of you.
|
|
#18
 2000-07-24, 23:09
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
see now I'm just annoyed....
|
|
#19
 2000-08-06, 05:35
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
Tried it out on some GTE (God, Those Eggheads!) payphones to no avail. Where's a fucking COCOT when you need one?
|
|
#20
 2000-08-06, 06:56
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
"What the fuck do you mean?"
They're all over the place. Where do you live?
|
|
#21
 2000-08-11, 11:49
|
Alan Smithee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
geneva,IL,USA is where he lives, its in the profile.
|
|
#22
 2000-08-14, 06:15
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
I ain't exactly in the ruralest of areas. I live in your typical happy crappy western suburb of Chicago. Ameritech owns everything phones, and no one questions it. Cool, huh?
|
|
#23
 2000-09-12, 23:58
|
Mr CrEEP 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
you know that trick you do with the payphones and cutting the red and yellow wires,its was in one of the totse files,i forgot,but i tried it and it killed the phone,if anyone knows,do you gotta do it on certain phones?,the payphone i tried it on was pacific bell,i think
|
|
#24
 2000-09-14, 04:49
|
AtomicZagnut 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
Never found a payphone with exposed wires in Illinois. Keep the phreak alive!!!
|
|
#25
 2000-09-16, 06:26
|
DiabolikSlim 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: 1-800 Number Fun
Remember th 3R's rule, Red = Ring = Right... Thats the way it is here, and i'm pretty sure thats standard (I could be wrong) but if you cut the red wire odds are you cut the ring, which in that case would 'kill' the payphone, try cutting a yellow and a black, typically the power source for the payphone. This will only work on Northern Telecom Centurians. Centurian = Old ugly assed phones, in use since like the mid 70's or something. Usually Black, Brown or a Variety of blues. Northern Telecom = Todays Nortel Networks, maker of theMillenium, trick won't work on this phone  Diabolik Slim P.S. Feel free to correct any mistakes. [This message has been edited by DiabolikSlim (edited 09-16-2000).]
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|