|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2000-01-24, 08:23
|
outrepasse 
Regular
|
|
|
|
cordless phones
I'm looking to buy a new cordless phone. Can anyone tell me the differences between 900mhz phones? I've seen digital ones and non-digital. I'd like to get something that won't broadcast my conversations to anyone with a scanner. I recall certain phones being better at this than others.
|
|
#2
 2000-01-26, 23:08
|
Grumpy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: cordless phones
I have found that VTech offers a good Digital phone. The difference between the " Old " phones usually below 900 MHZ is that the older phones "analog" transmitts radio waves that can be very easily received by other phones or scanners....... On the other hand, Digital phones transmitts data in the form of 111110000110101010001011010's in which cannot be picked up by scanners. My suggestion would be to go and get yourself a " Digital Spread Spectrum" type phone that would bounce the data around different frequencies, Have fun, Grumpy
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|