About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Bad Ideas
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-02, 18:13
UberSoldat UberSoldat is offline
Regular
 
Default Favorite Plans for Potato Guns/ Mortars

tell me ur favorite building plans for potato
guns i wanna try em i just moved to minnesota
lots of area and lotsa smucks that dont know what a potato gun is. tell me your idea and ill try it
 #2 
Old 2002-09-02, 18:55
pRiMo_PyRo pRiMo_PyRo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Plans for Potato Guns/ Mortars

where ever you are there are going to be ignorent people but i have to say your lucky you live there because of all of the space and places to shoot and such but my favorite gun that i have made is the standered version but 5 1/2 ft long and my favorite design is the marble sniper rifle on xinvetnions
 #3 
Old 2002-09-03, 01:11
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Plans for Potato Guns/ Mortars

I use cement filled beer cans instead of potatos. And to stabilize them I use a dowel rod going through the projectile with horse blanket epoxy glued to the rod as fins, or a streamer at the end. I plan on going up the the North Shore sometime soon to test it.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-03, 21:27
Genital-Warfare Genital-Warfare is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Plans for Potato Guns/ Mortars

quote:
Originally posted by pRiMo_PyRo:
where ever you are there are going to be ignorent people but i have to say your lucky you live there because of all of the space and places to shoot and such but my favorite gun that i have made is the standered version but 5 1/2 ft long and my favorite design is the marble sniper rifle on xinvetnions


Do you acually have one, ive seen so many bullshit posts from you.......

CTR

 #5 
Old 2002-09-04, 03:27
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Favorite Plans for Potato Guns/ Mortars

I built a pneumatic version, my cousin built the classic hairspray cannon. His is much quicker to reload, but I still prefer mine. With a big air tank, I could negate the reload time.

The pneumatic cannons are much more predictable. I charge mine to 130 PSI, and I get pretty repeatable results. There isn't much of a safety issue, as the PVC is rated to something like 200 PSI, and the valve to only 150. If it overpressurizes, the valve will go first and kill the pressure.

Combustion designs also limit your ammo choices. You're stuck with fairly solid projectiles that fill the barrel. I can put nearly anything in mine. I've poured about a gallon of water down the barrel, and that fucker kicks like a 12-gauge as it atomizes part of the water. I've fired cans of Beanie-Weenies at stop signs. I've fired loads of cheap-ass Brass Eagle paintballs. I've launched wet wads of toilet paper that stick to things. I once filled a quarter-machine egg up with fluorescein solution from a glowstick, then launched it hundreds of yard into the night sky. I've launched Spam. Beer cans won't fit, but I could've used a barrel larger than 2".

I'm very partial to the air cannon design. Mine is a simple 2" PVC affair.

Tire valve==>air chamber==>U-bend==>sprinkler valve==>barrel.

The firing mechanism is 3 9V batteries, a toggle safety switch, and a momentary (red!) firing switch, all stuffed in a neat little project box and strapped to the air chamber.

I'd like to build a piston-blowback cannon, but I have neither the money nor the initiative.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics