About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-28, 01:18
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Ravi Shankar

Has any one else here at good old TOTSE listen to Ravi Shankar. For those who don't know who hw is, Ravi is a classical Indian musician. For those who do listen to Ravi, what is your favorite song? Mine is Ravi and Ali akbar Khan "bangla Dhun"
 #2 
Old 2003-01-28, 01:27
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ravi Shankar

I listen to a lot of indian music, not too much Ravi Shankar though.

Interestingly enough, my next door neighbors name is Ravi-Shankar.
 #3 
Old 2003-01-28, 09:36
economichaircut economichaircut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ravi Shankar

He's ok i suppose. Its not my cup o' tea. But I want a sitar [is that what he plays] they sound rad, so do banjos.
 #4 
Old 2003-01-28, 14:49
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ravi Shankar

Yes, he plays a sitar.

If you really want one, I suggest ebay, American companies that make them are damn expensive.
 #5 
Old 2003-01-28, 20:18
shadrac shadrac is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ravi Shankar

ravi's a good man. i love on the concert for bangladesh hes on the stage fiddling around on the sitar and all the trendy folks that wanna act like they dig world music are cheerin then ravi says something like "thank you for cheering for me tuning my instrument"
i thought that was cool
 #6 
Old 2003-01-29, 00:33
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ravi Shankar

I looked on Ebay for a sitar, since I want to mke that my next instrument, they were $599! I don't have that kind of money.
 #7 
Old 2003-01-29, 04:56
economichaircut economichaircut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ravi Shankar

quote:
Originally posted by punkrawkerstonershit:
I looked on Ebay for a sitar, since I want to mke that my next instrument, they were $599! I don't have that kind of money.


$599 for a sitar, fuck. dumb question, but do you think that its possible to mod aother instrument to be a sitar. I have done this with guitar to bass.
 #8 
Old 2003-01-29, 08:35
SilentBlob SilentBlob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ravi Shankar

fuck those hindu sitar playing fucks, terrorist mother fuckers,, they can shove that fucking sitar up thier fucking ass.
It would probably make a better noise.
Fuck anything thats hindu, indian, islam,,all that fucking sitar evil evil devil worship, evill.. fucking bubbles.. whats fucking evil about fucking bubbles..

god damn Sitars.. jesus christ.jesus christ didnt play any fucking sitar,, ill tell you that right now.. wheres my fucking pills.
 #9 
Old 2003-01-29, 20:40
Regular
 
Default Re: Ravi Shankar

quote:
Originally posted by SilentBlob:
fuck those hindu sitar playing fucks, terrorist mother fuckers,, they can shove that fucking sitar up thier fucking ass.
It would probably make a better noise.
Fuck anything thats hindu, indian, islam,,all that fucking sitar evil evil devil worship, evill.. fucking bubbles.. whats fucking evil about fucking bubbles..

god damn Sitars.. jesus christ.jesus christ didnt play any fucking sitar,, ill tell you that right now.. wheres my fucking pills.




I take it you worked with or for some of these people as a contractor?
 #10 
Old 2003-01-29, 20:46
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ravi Shankar

quote:
$599 for a sitar, fuck. dumb question, but do you think that its possible to mod aother instrument to be a sitar. I have done this with guitar to bass.


Possible to mod? Well, not exactly.

However, this was attempted in the late 60s.

Many companies produced guitars with special bridges that caused lots of extra buzzing (sounded a little like a sitar). However, none of these really took off. You might be able to find one of these special instruments on ebay.

AND, $599 is very good for a sitar.

I'm learning how to play it myself (getting lessons from someone), I don't even own one, i just use one of his.
 #11 
Old 2003-01-31, 01:43
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ravi Shankar

quote:
Originally posted by SilentBlob:
fuck those hindu sitar playing fucks, terrorist mother fuckers,, they can shove that fucking sitar up thier fucking ass.
It would probably make a better noise.
Fuck anything thats hindu, indian, islam,,all that fucking sitar evil evil devil worship, evill.. fucking bubbles.. whats fucking evil about fucking bubbles..

god damn Sitars.. jesus christ.jesus christ didnt play any fucking sitar,, ill tell you that right now.. wheres my fucking pills.




you ignorant racist, that was one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics