About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-07, 18:42
Solid_Snake8801 Solid_Snake8801 is offline
Regular
 
Default What instruments do you fine people play?

There could be a topic on this, but I'm too lazy to do a search, so the topic is pretty self explanatory: If you play an instrument, then what is it?

I myself play guitar, a tiny bit of piano (I can play a bad-ass Ode to Joy)

What about you?
 #2 
Old 2003-01-07, 19:17
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

I play saxaphone (alto, tenor, and baritone), homophone, and piano.
 #3 
Old 2003-01-07, 19:30
wenerjar wenerjar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

trumpet, electric bass, stand up bass (for symphony), some baritone horn, some piano

(ugh .. both parents are music teachers)
 #4 
Old 2003-01-07, 19:41
wenerjar wenerjar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

quote:
Originally posted by Zok:
homophone


whats a homophone?

oh yeah by the way.. does anyone play one of those old old snake things that wrap around in a S i think they were used in the 17 or 18 hundreds

 #5 
Old 2003-01-07, 20:06
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

Things I play well: guitar, violin, oboe

Things I can play (like, i can play with a group, but i'm not gonna go solo any time soon): clarinet, sex (all kinda obviously), blockflote, viola, cello, bass, harmonica, piano, trumpet, french horn, english horn.
http://djsam.phucknut.net/live.mp3

^ Thats some guitar stuff I did.
 #6 
Old 2003-01-07, 20:55
FLEA FLEA is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

I play the guitar, not very well unfortunately.
 #7 
Old 2003-01-07, 21:18
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

mostly bass nowdays
 #8 
Old 2003-01-07, 21:46
AntiPopMusic666 AntiPopMusic666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

guitar, all the way!

I'm alright...not to sound cocky... i'm no steve vai, but, i'm gettin there! Modes are kickin my ass right now, but i'll get through them
 #9 
Old 2003-01-08, 05:14
tested tested is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

i play guitar, and work the turntables.
 #10 
Old 2003-01-08, 05:15
Parabola Parabola is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

I play bass guitar.
 #11 
Old 2003-01-08, 07:04
Certijal Certijal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

What I play best in descending order.

Drums
Bass
Guitar
Djembe
 #12 
Old 2003-01-08, 10:55
andrewcasa andrewcasa is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

i'm like prince i can play every instrument ever made. but anyways here's some of my favorite instruments.

guitar
drums
bass
theremin
optigan
harmonium
piano
analog synths
samplers
bloopity blop noise distortions
 #13 
Old 2003-01-08, 11:17
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

quote:
Modes are kickin my ass right now, but i'll get through them


I thought I understood them just fine, until I realized there were also modes to harmonic minor, melodic minor, double harmonic minor, etc.

I about cried when I realized that - but nows its great because it just adds more to my playing. !
 #14 
Old 2003-01-08, 14:08
asaq asaq is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

i play guitar $ mr bass
 #15 
Old 2003-01-08, 18:29
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

I play guitar mostly. I'm not that good. I've forgotten so much (like jazz guitar for example) since I gave up on my "chops" and just concentrated on simple stripped down rock. With a copule days of review though I'm sure I could relearn it pretty quickly.

I can also play bass and simple piano in a pinch.
 #16 
Old 2003-01-08, 19:29
wenerjar wenerjar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

geez lots of gutair players
 #17 
Old 2003-01-08, 21:08
bek bek is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

i play:
piano grade 7 (smug smug SMUG!)
keyboards,hammond organ and synths.
i also used to own some decks,but had to sell them to pay the rent.

(i add i was very VERY bad at them anyway.it was all just that cool image.y;know?)

[This message has been edited by bek (edited 01-08-2003).]
 #18 
Old 2003-01-08, 21:15
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

you mena besides my voice box?
 #19 
Old 2003-01-08, 23:08
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

Well I play:

Guitar

Trumpet

Cello

Drums

A tiny bit of Paino

A tiny bit of bass
 #20 
Old 2003-01-08, 23:09
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

Solid Snake what part of Ct are you from??
 #21 
Old 2003-01-08, 23:31
Solid_Snake8801 Solid_Snake8801 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

g-bury
 #22 
Old 2003-01-09, 01:30
buster_hymen buster_hymen is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

things I play: bass, electric, drums, recorder (heh), and saxahpone

things I play well: bass, and everything else is me fucking around and looking like an idiot (with exception of electric guitar, but I substantially suck)
 #23 
Old 2003-01-09, 03:18
Regular
 
one of my many alter-egos
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

I play mostly jazz clarinet. also trumpet, drums, some flute, and some guitar

sax-a-ma-phoooooone
sax-a-ma-phoooooone

--- ---
 #24 
Old 2003-01-09, 05:06
xxxJEWxxx xxxJEWxxx is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

quote:
Originally posted by Zok:
I play saxaphone (alto, tenor, and baritone), homophone, and piano.



Homophone? is that anything like the skin flute?

LOL HOMO PHONE
 #25 
Old 2003-01-09, 17:48
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

Djsam, nice collection of fast note playing.
As we know, thats all that matters in guitar playing.


I play guitar, drums, bass, vocals, synth and I can fuck with piano a bit.
 #26 
Old 2003-01-09, 17:49
greatwhitedope69 greatwhitedope69 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

This may sound unbeleivable and lame, butima chic who plays the drums.... and id just like to say as cocky as possible that I KIK ASS!!!! and THE DONNA SUCK, there not even hot.....jeez.....hehehe
 #27 
Old 2003-01-09, 20:01
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

And who are the donnas...some rival band?
 #28 
Old 2003-01-09, 20:03
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

quote:
Djsam, nice collection of fast note playing.
As we know, thats all that matters in guitar playing.


How do you mean..are you insulting guitar music in general, or me? Or am I just too stupid to understand, please help.
 #29 
Old 2003-01-09, 20:29
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

quote:
Originally posted by djsam:
How do you mean..are you insulting guitar music in general, or me? Or am I just too stupid to understand, please help.


I was mostly insulting myself.
I tend to "shred" sometimes.
Its just that all I hear nowadays is shredding or people who can't play at all.
You did well though.
 #30 
Old 2003-01-09, 20:40
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

Oh, ok.

Actually I wish all I hear is shredding..some of the guitar work in pop music these days is just horrible.

One in particular that annoys me is Blink 182. People are always showing off their mad blink 182 playing skills.

Its like hey, you'd might as well play backstreet boys songs, its the same thing..

(Actually, it should be noted that the Backstreet Boys live guitarist is none other than Greg Howe - one of my personal favorite fusion/shred artists)
 #31 
Old 2003-01-09, 22:57
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

Solid Snake, You live in Glastonbury. Thats pretty cool. No one on this board lives in Ct. Nice to know I am not the only one.
 #32 
Old 2003-01-10, 04:33
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

I'd like to learn the guitar, just never had the time.. or the guitar.
 #33 
Old 2003-01-10, 09:42
abacus3 abacus3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

I play electric, acoustic, drums, clarinet, sax and a little piano. My fingers are too big for the keys though ;-)
 #34 
Old 2003-01-10, 17:04
Skuzzlebutt Skuzzlebutt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

guitar - classical (back in the day)
nowadays i play electric guitar - an Ibanez RG, which is very nice
 #35 
Old 2003-01-10, 17:33
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

quote:
Originally posted by djsam:
Oh, ok.

Actually I wish all I hear is shredding..some of the guitar work in pop music these days is just horrible.

One in particular that annoys me is Blink 182. People are always showing off their mad blink 182 playing skills.

Its like hey, you'd might as well play backstreet boys songs, its the same thing..

(Actually, it should be noted that the Backstreet Boys live guitarist is none other than Greg Howe - one of my personal favorite fusion/shred artists)



I miss the solo-songs Hendrix used to play. Shredding just tends to pass me by.
Its like, "Wow you can play really fast!" then two minutes later, "ok...this is boring."
I did a speed metal riff for my cover of "caverns of cthulu" a nintendo game sound track.

 #36 
Old 2003-01-11, 18:49
CS1400 CS1400 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

Guitar (I have 4 of them)
Drums (I have electric and non-electric drum sets)
 #37 
Old 2003-01-12, 03:34
Lollypop_PornStar Lollypop_PornStar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

Trombone
 #38 
Old 2003-01-12, 06:40
C101C C101C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

i have been playing guitar for 27 years

 #39 
Old 2003-01-12, 11:27
littleboodle littleboodle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

I used to play violin...

Now I play bass and electric.
I own:

one classical guitar... painted in psychedelic colors...

one Fender Strat - black and white...

one Fender P Bass - white chocolate coloured...

oh and one black crescent tambourine
 #40 
Old 2003-01-12, 14:37
rockfan_24 rockfan_24 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

bass (main instrument)

harmonica ( i am not bad at it really)

drums

guitar

decks

fiddel

sax

i am a good standard on all of them


 #41 
Old 2003-02-01, 04:45
Sagewisher3 Sagewisher3 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

In highschool I played bass bone, tenor bone, and bari sax (in school ensables.)
I play mostly tenor trombone now (though I play some piano and am in an a cappella octet [tenor.])

I live in Connecticut, by the way
 #42 
Old 2003-02-01, 14:35
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What instruments do you fine people play?

I once marched a bari sax in marching band..about broke my jaw.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics