About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-05, 19:15
one man riot one man riot is offline
Regular
 
Default Looking for a new acoustic guitar

I'm looking for a new acoustic guitar. I'm a 16 year old flat picker. My last acoustic was an Ovation Ultra 1311. At my local music shop, I'm getting into the Dean acoustics. I was always under the impression that dean made a mediocre guitar, but their new acoustic and electric models have been rather stunning. Also I'm impressed by some Takamine's I've seen. I'm interested in something made of mahogany or imitation rosewood (not maple), I want that bright ringing sound. Typical dreadknott (sp?) size is what I'm looking for. My budget doesn't go much above 550$. Otherwise I'd get a taylor or rainsong.

any suggestions would be appreciated.
 #2 
Old 2003-01-06, 00:30
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a new acoustic guitar

Tacoma DM9

just try one.
 #3 
Old 2003-01-07, 01:06
G��g G��g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a new acoustic guitar

it's dreadnought

and i've always liked Yamahas, but i dont play acoustic (i have a cheapo acoustic from finger hut, my first guitar)
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics