About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-03, 22:12
Pr0x1mo Pr0x1mo is offline
Regular
 
Default Canibus Mic CLub Cirriculum

Shup guyz, just wanted to know if you guyz have heard this album? Since you guyz are in totse i would expect for you to like lyrics with awareness, so you should have a liking for this guy.

If you haven't heard him, listen to:

Channel Zero
Aids is Gold Hiv is Platinum
How Come

These songs deal mainly with Conspiracies, kind of shit you would find here.

But listen to his new album, unbelievable, and incredible.
Ex:
Poet Laureate
"I rip jackers
Rip the time space fabric
Loop the future with the past tense
looking for patterns
Eradicate Africans that sold Africans
to Saxons and forced black men to pay taxes
Attack a wack bitch with counter tactics
Split your bullet proof chases in half
with a rapid gatling
Keep firing at cha till you trapped in
Non combatants scramble for helicopter extractions"

C-Section:

"I only give respect to mic club members
and my own mentors
In the center of my circle
where I dare you to enter
This is art imitating life
imitating art
Imitating the brain
simulating thoughts when I talk
Idealistically I spit for free
The cinography of the rhyme
is what balances me
Challenges me
E A six speed prowlers
Superior air power
Fly around us
with propulsion that's soundless
Spittin rhymes out by the thousands
Nitro-glycerin tablets under the tongue calm me down a bit
Attitude cynicism and lassitude
Battle you? come on dude I should slap you fool
Spit what
I'll leave your lips numb
the friction is so sick son
Your chin will disappear from a atrition
Rhythmic high intensity conflict is a given
Especially if Canibus is doin the rippin
The snippin to clippin in the C-section incisions
With scissors with rubber ergonomic grip for the fingers"


 #2 
Old 2003-01-04, 01:27
Pr0x1mo Pr0x1mo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canibus Mic CLub Cirriculum

upz
 #3 
Old 2003-01-05, 16:10
Pr0x1mo Pr0x1mo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canibus Mic CLub Cirriculum

I am keeping this topic alive, if you haven't heard of him, then just read the lyrics, im sure they'll catch your attention
please read:

When the curriculum storms/
modern rap history is reborn/
on CD code in the form of a poem/
Anyone that�s studied Canibus past/
knows he has the answers to questions ya' probably not advanced enough to ask/
Super-advanced/
faculty math/
chairman of curriculum class/
85 percentile never pass/
10 percentile smile and 5 don't even laugh/ when the chalk�s in my hand/
and I'm drawing up graphs/
I present the contingency plan/
to the top brass/
They probably think I'm on speed
I'm talking so fast/
The body of the rhyme
is smooth like Body and Bath/
the summary is more explosive
than a meth lab blast/
My symmetrical shockwaves shatter glass/
as my U2-35 rhyme hits critical mass/
Apocalypse now lyrical wrath/
blows everything off the map/
from green grass to African Baobabs/
Spike wit' electromag
till aircrafts crash/
CDC in the streets passing out gas masks/
Gorgeous women thank me for the oxygen tanks/
(baby), the chevrons on my arm will tell you my rank/
Maybe I'll become another casualty in the field/
they'll engrave my tombstone wit' Damascus Steel/
The best beats in the world couldn�t rival my skill/
it's like pouring a cup of water on a million beached whales/
Grand eloquence of an unprecedent scale/ close ya' eyes and feel the rhymes
cause I'm better in brail/
The Francis Bacon basics/
I should reiterate this/
"We rise to great heights by winding staircases"/
Lines spiral in a French-curved design/
when the curriculum storms
behind enemy rhymes/
 #4 
Old 2003-01-05, 19:03
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canibus Mic CLub Cirriculum

Please don't "bump" up your thread. Your thread is no more or less important then anybody else's.
 #5 
Old 2003-01-05, 21:40
Pr0x1mo Pr0x1mo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canibus Mic CLub Cirriculum

bump
 #6 
Old 2003-01-06, 05:06
Ka Ka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canibus Mic CLub Cirriculum

Canibus is one of the realest out there but he just does not get the recognition he deserves because he does not those crap sing-a-long radio friendly joints
 #7 
Old 2003-01-06, 14:56
Pr0x1mo Pr0x1mo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Canibus Mic CLub Cirriculum

^^ very true. That is the reason why i try to spread the word about him, because only true fans really know about him. The rest of humanity is left in the dark with all that Nelly Bull shit, and his mini me Ja Rule.


That is why i was trying to show a lil something from his lyrics, cuz even if you don't listen to "Rap" or "hip Hop" you can have a liking to Canibus because of his intelligent lyrics.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics