About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-27, 01:37
one man riot one man riot is offline
Regular
 
Default Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

Who do you think is better? I have no idea. They're both competing for my favorite band right now. Don't be an asshole and respond with "they both suck".
 #2 
Old 2002-12-27, 05:30
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

Social Distortion. Hands down Social Distortion.

No, stop. Shut your mouth.

Social Distortion is better.
 #3 
Old 2002-12-27, 05:42
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

Never heard SD, but I do know that Bad Religion rules. How could they be better than Bad Religion?
 #4 
Old 2002-12-27, 13:10
one man riot one man riot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

social distortion could easily be better than bad religion. mike ness is a deity to me.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-27, 14:15
Ignotum Per Igotius Ignotum Per Igotius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

Far and above Social D all the way.
 #6 
Old 2002-12-30, 18:27
5150 5150 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

bad religion is generic fecal matter s.d. is special
 #7 
Old 2002-12-30, 18:49
one man riot one man riot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

My friend has a peavey 5150
 #8 
Old 2002-12-31, 14:44
Regular
 
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

Bad Religion's significance is greatly overrated, not least by themselves. They should also be shot for releasing the same song over ten times an album on over ten albums. Occasional flourishes of creativity (I Want To Conquer The World) don't really compensate.

Social Distortion is real punk, complete with a charismatic fuckup as lead singer. Some of their songs bear the distinct odour of country though. No, please don't hurt me Mike. Please don't hurt me Social D fans.
 #9 
Old 2002-12-31, 15:26
red bud red bud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

I hope there is no question that Social Distortion is the better punk band. Besides I don't even consider Bad Religion a true punk rock band. If it was a competition on who is more successful (so to speak) then Bad Religion has is it all the way. But they suck balls in my opinion. Oh, yeah true punk is an endangered species. Don�t fucking judge people.

i love you
 #10 
Old 2002-12-31, 15:43
one man riot one man riot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

Mike Ness is nuts. Social D is great. But Mike Ness solo project, I just can't get into. I think I like American Lesion (Greg Graffin's side project" more than Mike's.
 #11 
Old 2002-12-31, 20:08
Garrison Garrison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

These shouldn't even be compared. Social D, indefinitley.
 #12 
Old 2003-01-02, 16:32
Regular
 
The land of milk and honey
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

Even though some of you people aren't giving bad religion the respect they so badly deserve (like how long have they been around, 20 years or so?), I'd still have to go with social distortion. Theyre just better.
 #13 
Old 2003-01-02, 18:19
Ignotum Per Igotius Ignotum Per Igotius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

great sage Social D is as old as Bad Religion . I think Bad Religons first album came out in 82 Social D's 83 something along those lines. Both bands have been around since the late 70's.

As for the respect Bad religon deserves well longevity doesnt mean shit if you continue pumping out shit after shit record. Lets just say I walked out of the last Bad Religon show I was at early. I can't say the same about Social D.
 #14 
Old 2003-01-02, 18:39
Regular
 
The land of milk and honey
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

Oh I know social d's just as old as bad religion, but It seems to me less people know how old bad religion is. I liked bad religions new album, sorrow is a kick ass song, it may be poppy, but the harmony's are great
 #15 
Old 2003-01-02, 18:48
Armed&Angry Armed&Angry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

quote:
Originally posted by red bud:
I hope there is no question that Social Distortion is the better punk band. Besides I don't even consider Bad Religion a true punk rock band. If it was a competition on who is more successful (so to speak) then Bad Religion has is it all the way. But they suck balls in my opinion. Oh, yeah true punk is an endangered species. Don�t fucking judge people.

i love you



Excuse me? Please define the term "true punk band." And try to keep in mind the words of Jello Biafra when he said that to define punk is to destroy it.
 #16 
Old 2003-01-02, 19:54
Regular
 
Default Re: Social Distortion vs. Bad Religion

what, like Greg Graffin's "punk manifesto".
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics