About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-08, 18:18
Regular
 
Monkey Island
Default Band name

If you had a band, what would you name it? For me it really depends on what music I was doing. If it was techno I might call it Synapse. Whereas if it was a rockish band I might name it Kave Fisch. Don't ask me why
 #2 
Old 2002-12-09, 00:26
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

Why?

I've got a couple in mind. Don't steal these. One I've got that I think is really cool is Gay. Just the word Gay. As in "We're gay." "I went to the Gay show last night". "I have the new Gay CD." Another, is Crackstar. I don't know what it means, but it sounds cool.

 #3 
Old 2002-12-09, 00:51
A-F Army A-F Army is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

The Cockrockers

And the symbol could be a chicken doing the "rock on sign." (you know the ones with the fingers, don't know what it is called so i made up a name.)
 #4 
Old 2002-12-09, 02:04
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: Band name

Orgasm Death Gimmick.
 #5 
Old 2002-12-09, 02:37
mcfryed mcfryed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

funk ladel
 #6 
Old 2002-12-09, 06:21
Dr.Murdok Dr.Murdok is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

whore hammer - album name sitter slammer
 #7 
Old 2002-12-09, 15:33
ubermutant ubermutant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

dave matthews band
 #8 
Old 2002-12-09, 16:41
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

Satsuma Sumo

Peace Renegade,
 #9 
Old 2002-12-09, 22:05
phreejimmy phreejimmy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

First off, Cock Rockers was cool, and funny.

Orgism
Organasm
If you haven't figured it out yet it's orgasm and organism mixed. Some ppl didnt get it.

Phinkubus
Phish and Incubus mixed but sounds too much like Incubus.
Phinkubus Radio 5000
Phinkubus with radio (for Radiohead) and 5000 (for PM5K)

The Next D
Tenacious D line:"...buy an over-sized guitar, learn some power courds, gain 40 pounds and be the next D!!!"

Vivacious Jim
In honor of Tenacious D. Vivacious was a vocab word.
 #10 
Old 2002-12-09, 23:34
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Band name

My band is called The Mad Morticians
 #11 
Old 2002-12-10, 00:51
midas_the_happy_canadian midas_the_happy_canadian is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

Breakdancing Pornstars

--- ---
 #12 
Old 2002-12-10, 01:00
Diseased Camel Diseased Camel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

The Diseased Camels
 #13 
Old 2002-12-10, 01:07
The Molecular Man The Molecular Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

Thermonuclear Apology
 #14 
Old 2002-12-10, 01:16
midas_the_happy_canadian midas_the_happy_canadian is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

Breast-feeding Ninjas

--- ---
 #15 
Old 2002-12-10, 01:29
JoeSchmoe JoeSchmoe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

Service and Democracy
 #16 
Old 2002-12-10, 02:39
mcfryed mcfryed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

War Burger
 #17 
Old 2002-12-10, 03:43
Certijal Certijal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

Gravy tram
 #18 
Old 2002-12-10, 15:00
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

The name of my band is "Swollen Ostrich" We are heading towards the recording studio in 3 weeks.
 #19 
Old 2002-12-10, 19:45
scrambledeggsinaskillet scrambledeggsinaskillet is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

the name of my band is weedwacker. and you day it like weeeeeed and say wacker fast.
and Lickli(pronounced lick-lee)
 #20 
Old 2002-12-10, 21:50
Vidimidi Vidimidi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

Red Ampliphier
(Sounds like I'm trying to copy the "Red Hot Chili Peppers)

Another good name is:

"The Frozen Flames"
(Got that from Chrono Cross or Trigger forgot which one)

And also:

"Caged Birds Sing"
That ones pretty...

-Vijeta
 #21 
Old 2002-12-13, 03:58
Cokeboy Cokeboy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Band name

I have a friend who named his band "phate".

I laughed so hard I shat myself.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics