About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-30, 01:48
ubermutant ubermutant is offline
Regular
 
Default most annoying band

ok who do you think is the most annoying band? can you narrow it down to one?
i think for me it'd have to be avril levian or whatever the hell her name is. let me throw some fuel on the fire though
these bands also suck the life right out of me
justin timberlake, britney spears, christina aguilera, papa roach, blink 182, sum 41....
well i don't want to take all your answers
 #2 
Old 2002-11-30, 03:31
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Slipknot
ICP
System of a Down
Korn
Metallica
 #3 
Old 2002-11-30, 04:05
A-F Army A-F Army is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

quote:
Originally posted by ubermutant:
avril levian


Amen...

quote:
Originally posted by ubermutant:

justin timberlake, britney spears, christina aguilera, papa roach, blink 182, sum 41....
well i don't want to take all your answers



Amen, Amen, Can I get a Haleluya... except blink, they aren't too bad. To add to the list:

Nelly
JA Rule
Nickleback
All bands that sound like Nickleback

 #4 
Old 2002-11-30, 04:16
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

1 eminem
2 backstreet boys/n sync(there the same thing)
3 blink/sum41/nfg (new school bands)
4 most rap bands(they can be funny though)
 #5 
Old 2002-11-30, 05:41
idlehands idlehands is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

anything really mainstream ie. mtv bullshit
 #6 
Old 2002-11-30, 10:03
Parabola Parabola is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

1.All "ROCK" bands.You know which ones I mean.Nickelback,the calling,staind,korn.They all sound the same.Especially Nickelback.Have they heard of doing something different to
all the other bands.

2.Anything and everything on the top 20/30/40/50/100.Avril Lavigne,N sync,Backshit boys.Aything like that.And also this R&B bullshit like Ja Rule and Ashanti.

3.Kelly Osbourne.Who told this bitch that if you are on TV you can sing?This has got to be he most annoying pop "act" I have ever seen.I could go on for hours about her but I don't wanna waste time on this shit.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-30, 12:24
ubermutant ubermutant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

so far this is very therapuetic for me....like a weight is off my shoulders.
i agree with all these answers so far.

and kelly osbourne really does suck! i'm tired of bands that have choreographed dancing too. what the hell is that about?

you know what i don't get? i don't know anyone or have heard of anyone who likes that christina, britney, nsync crap. who are these guys selling records to? and i hope they aren't selling to kids with lyrics such as "i need that dick to get me off/sweating till my clothes come off"



[This message has been edited by ubermutant (edited 11-30-2002).]
 #8 
Old 2002-11-30, 14:18
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

I'm unique. Just like everybody else.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-30, 17:11
The_Drunken_Master The_Drunken_Master is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Most annoying? - NELLY, Britney (or any other pop princess bullshit), Default, New Found Glory, Whiny Korn-like groups, Boy Bands, and Destiny's Child
 #10 
Old 2002-11-30, 17:18
Squarepants Squarepants is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Any new wave pop-punk rock band, with the high pitched male Alanis Morisette voices and the constant hopping up and down and trying to headbang with short hair.... there's a hundred and thirty seven bands like that I can think of off the top of my head.

I don't like black people music either, even if white people or mexicans are performing it..... it's not a race thing, it's an I-dislike-rap-and-r&b-and-hip-hop thing. I don't see what's so special about it, it makes you want to bust caps in people and get jiggy wid some hos and whatever.... corrupting America's youth, one synthesized drum beat at a time.

[This message has been edited by Squarepants (edited 11-30-2002).]
 #11 
Old 2002-11-30, 19:50
Regular
 
Rhode Island
Default Re: most annoying band

Pop Punk, any band connected with that deserves to be strapped down, and beaten to death with hammers
 #12 
Old 2002-12-01, 02:26
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: most annoying band

quote:
Originally posted by Squarepants:

I don't like black people music either, even if white people or mexicans are performing it..... it's not a race thing, it's an I-dislike-rap-and-r&b-and-hip-hop thing. I don't see what's so special about it, it makes you want to bust caps in people and get jiggy wid some hos and whatever.... corrupting America's youth, one synthesized drum beat at a time.

[This message has been edited by Squarepants (edited 11-30-2002).]



what about blues, jazz, reggae, dub, etc.?
 #13 
Old 2002-12-01, 17:25
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

quote:
what about blues, jazz, reggae, dub, etc.?


Not to mention rock music. And all of the combinations of the ones you mentioned, ragtime, blues rock, etc.
 #14 
Old 2002-12-01, 17:34
soundsystem00 soundsystem00 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

I fucking hate Avril. Her fans think she is a skater punk but she is a britney spears wanna-be dressed like the common view of a "punk". Does she skate? no...
 #15 
Old 2002-12-01, 18:12
The_Scrub The_Scrub is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

quote:
Originally posted by soundsystem00:
Does she skate? no...


Does it matter......NO!!!
 #16 
Old 2002-12-01, 21:04
TheSell0ut TheSell0ut is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Angel Rust

^ Fuck those losers, their stupid lyrics are such SHIT.


"Hey, hey would you be satisfied
If you knew that I lied
When I said I loved you my friend
Hey, hey would you fit inside
If I opened my heart a little wider
A little more, a little more...

Now I crawl and I hide the grey
Grew a new heart, and put it away"

How the hell does that make sense?


 #17 
Old 2002-12-02, 00:42
ardene ardene is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

yea i find the new genre of music is "rock" beacuse pop got old. we all know everyoen hates britany adn everyone else like her. so im pretty much agreeing with every band siad exept System of a down. they have a few.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-02, 02:17
AvatarofPower AvatarofPower is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Yoko Ono

everything else pales...
 #19 
Old 2002-12-02, 12:18
pink spid3r pink spid3r is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Any band that is well-known, rich, and has a hit song that everyone knows. That is the most annoying band. I go for the underground music.
 #20 
Old 2002-12-02, 21:00
AnTi-YoU AnTi-YoU is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

quote:
Originally posted by pink spid3r:
Any band that is well-known, rich, and has a hit song that everyone knows. That is the most annoying band. I go for the underground music.


A-fucking-men... my bitch list goes to pop music, rap, and that new rock/punk/avril shit. Anything popular, on MTV, and what my sisters listen to. The most annoying, hated, poser, unpunk band goes to avril lavigne. oh my god....... hate her... I could go on forever about today's "music" but i gotta go listen to some Sick of it All.

 #21 
Old 2002-12-02, 21:17
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

slipknot, system of a down and metallica don't belong on this list. ESPECIALLY SOAD.
slipknot, I can understand, is kinda an acquired taste (it's for those of us who like heavy drumming and hard guitars).
Metallica isn't seen much on TV round these parts, and on radio is rare. and they've got plenty of good songs! it's just the later stuff that gets old too quickly.

and anyone who says DOWN is annoying needs to be castrated. period.
 #22 
Old 2002-12-03, 03:33
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: most annoying band

It's a toss up between Staind and Linkin Park...

(I don't count any of the carbon copy pop punk bands like New Found Glory, Sum41, or... uh... Good for me, I can't even think of any other ones. Anyways, they all sound too much the same for me to even consider them as bands. I just lump them in with the "Pop" genre.)

Not that Staind and Linkin Park aren't carbon copies of something else and totally manufactured, but I think they're distinct enough to be considered bands.

From what I can tell everyone is trying to sound like Kurt Cobain and failing miserably. It's really really awful...

Cheers,
Lost
 #23 
Old 2002-12-04, 00:08
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Linkin Park-So annoying, What the fuck is with that metalish rap?

Sum 41-A rip off of the already bad Blink

Slipknot-Claiming "People and most of our fans dont even know what we are about nor will anyone in 20 years. There will be a slipknot religion."

Avril-The biggest wanna-be around, ironic how all she says is how she hates posers. Like she dressed like that since she was 4 years old. One interview I herd from her she kept mentioning how she was drunk since she is drinking age in mexico, You're Cool Arvril! Oh yeah, she says "I hate how people say I'm not punk, which I never claimed to be." But she did say it, I think she directly said "I was a punk" or whatever

Eminem-Such a cocky homosexual hating loser.

Jimmy Eat World and New Found Glory-Comon, they suck!

Almost all rap-
Especailly Ludicris-With a Song "Move Bitch, Get out The Way" who can't?

Rap videos such as Puffy Daddy, or should I say the "bling-bling" style P. Diddy where there are only black people untill they have another black being a badass to "geeky white-boys" such as playing basketball with Shaq and just slaughering them or making the whites complain about the noise. That stuff just pisses me off so much.


 #24 
Old 2002-12-04, 00:22
Thug_Jones Thug_Jones is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Shit, I HATE Avril Lavigne. She is the most worthless being in music history. A poser and a turd in general. Her so called bio shows it all. Read this shit for a few laughs. Go to her "Bio".
http://www.avril-lavigne.com/indexframes.html

Makes me want to puke.....



[This message has been edited by Thug_Jones (edited 12-04-2002).]
 #25 
Old 2002-12-04, 08:51
D.N.S D.N.S is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

i hate pop punk like rancid the distillers nofx mxpx antiflag and the vandals

oh yeah and total chaos those guys fucking suck my asshole

[This message has been edited by D.N.S (edited 12-04-2002).]
 #26 
Old 2002-12-04, 15:06
ubermutant ubermutant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

from grungy magician
"Rap videos such as Puffy Daddy, or should I say the "bling-bling" style P. Diddy where there are only black people untill they have another black being a badass to "geeky white-boys" such as playing basketball with Shaq and just slaughering them or making the whites complain about the noise. "

i'm glad that you've noticed. i saw the new ludacris video which the only whites were complete dorks or they were randomly getting victimized by blacks. it makes me what to kill someone.
i htink it was ludacris featuring trish or some scat like that
 #27 
Old 2002-12-04, 23:39
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Yeah it makes me sick, and to think that white kids buy more rap albums then blacks.

God forbid if a white musician did the same vice-versa. You would being hearing the NAACP and Jesse Jackson bitch on CNN so fast, making headlines and it would ruin the musicians career.

What gets me most is how a lot of people dont pick up on that hidden racism. And its really not "hidden" when you think about it.
 #28 
Old 2002-12-05, 13:07
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Most annoying band - well that would have to be .... dont mind any music except the slit your throat and i hate my school kinda stuff.

THE RATOR THE RATOR IS CALLING.

Peace Renegade,
 #29 
Old 2002-12-05, 13:25
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Bands who growl constantly and play the same chords over and over for each song.

They sound all the same.
 #30 
Old 2002-12-05, 19:53
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: most annoying band

you guys should know better than to bass what you see on MTV too "real" rap. i would suggest certain groups but you guys sound very close-minded to rap/hip-hop.
 #31 
Old 2002-12-05, 21:09
cornzornoplat cornzornoplat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Newfound Glory, Good Charlotte, ....gay pop punk
 #32 
Old 2002-12-06, 00:37
ShockWaveTrio ShockWaveTrio is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Most anything pop.

And...

I was big on rap for a while, then I heard Ludacris' "Move Bitch Get Out The Way" song, and realized how popular it was. That right there almost made be completely stop listening to rap. That is the damn dumbest and most annoying song I've ever heard. I barely listen to rap anymore, thanks to that biotch and his stupid song.
 #33 
Old 2002-12-06, 01:47
The Molecular Man The Molecular Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

yeah, i used to breathe a lot. then i heard other people were doing it, so i stopped
 #34 
Old 2002-12-06, 03:06
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: most annoying band

Pop culture is just that: Pop. I'm never pissed if it sucks and I'm never annoyed that people like it. It doesn't surprise me. It does, however, please me when I hear good music in the media. Yes, I realize it's a rare phenomenon, but it does occur.

Besides that, just simply getting down on pop musicians: I don't have a problem with Britany Spears. I'm not a huge fan of her music, but if you look at her music in the right light you realize it's all about S&M, drugs, and pedophilia and in that perspective it's kind of interesting.

Christina Aguilera (whatever): It must stink to live in Brit Brits shadow... Get naked some more.

Madonna: Everyone likes Madonna. She doesn't suck.

Michael Jackson: I'm just glad not to be his child. Besides, you have to appreciate him for being a bigger freak than you could EVER be.

BackStreet Boys: Didn't they break up? Whatever. Future elevator music. NSync and the rest of the boy bands fall under this category. The only people who will listen to them in twenty years will be balding middle aged executives and frustrated housewives who desperately miss their teenybopper youths.

The NuMetal/Rap: I don't know any of these bands by name, but I blame Limp Bizkit; and they weren't TOO awful - for a pop band - but how can you have respect for a band whose biggest hit was written by someone else? Especially, George Michaels? For Christ sakes...

The Pop Punk: Again, I don't know individual names, but I blame Greenday - not Blink182 because Greenday paved the way for Blink. Before Greenday there was no Pop Punk. Isn't that an oxymoron? Anyways, Greenday didn't suck either and Sometimes I Give Myself The Creeps is a kick ass song. I just have to be in the mood.

Techno/Jungle/House: I don't think they apply. But, why not mention them? I usually hate the idea of listening to it, but once it's on I like it.

Anyways, what I'm saying, there's nothing wrong with Pop Music and there's nothing wrong with people wanting to be rich (even if it's living off their looks... I know I wish I could). You just can't expect it to be good.

Or something like that. What's wrong with me tonight?

Cheers,
Lost
 #35 
Old 2002-12-08, 15:45
bornfreetaxedtodeath bornfreetaxedtodeath is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

What does everyone here have against rap.
Sure a lot of rap is crap but there are decent rap songs as well.
For instance I ask any of you to listen to Stan (especially the Elton John version) and tell me it is not a classic.
 #36 
Old 2002-12-09, 14:55
ubermutant ubermutant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

well there are some good rap songs, but so many of them are cookie cutter crap.
how many rap songs aren't about
drugs, drinking, rims/cars, cristal,violence, hoes, etc.
probably about .009%
 #37 
Old 2002-12-10, 04:35
C101C C101C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Here Is But A Fraction Of The Garbage I Hate.

MxPx
AFI
NFG
Good Charlette
Korn
Mudvayne
Slipknot
Incubus
Eminem
Snoop Dogg
Missy Elliot
2pac
The Village People
Cindy Lauper
Modist Mouse
Saves The Day
Negitave Pony
Saves Ferris
Britney Spears
Jenifer Lopez
Avra Lavigne
Bacstreet boys
Ja Rule
Nsync
Kelly Osbourne
Cradle Of Filth
Deftones
Yoko Ono
Hole
Ann Murray
The Vines
The Hives
Aqua
Townsend
Nickelback
Static X
Blink 182
Linp Bizkit
The Police
The Church
Adam Sandler
The Exploited
Crass
Headnoise
Enrico Engleises
Rickey Martin
Metalica
Outkast
Rancid
Les Stitches
Snake River Conspiricy
Papa Roach
Kitty
Coal Chamber
Antiflag
Lunachicks
The Donnas
Machbox twenty
ICP
Big Bad VooDo Daddy
Dashboard Confessionals

And Anyone On The Following.

Songs Of Praise
Kidz Bop 1
Kidz Bop 2
Wow Worship
Now 1
Now 2
Now 3
Now 4
Now 5
Now 6
Now 7
Now 8
Now 9
Now 10
Punk -o- Rama 1
Punk -o- Rama 2
Punk -o- Rama 3
Punk -o- Rama 4
Punk -o- Rama 5

Im Suprised That This Tiny Little Excuse For A List Is All That I Could Come Up With.

-Drax
 #38 
Old 2002-12-10, 16:57
bornfreetaxedtodeath bornfreetaxedtodeath is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

agree wiv most of ur list, except for 2pac.
 #39 
Old 2002-12-10, 21:58
Vidimidi Vidimidi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

I hate Good Charlotte, they have no idea how to play the guitar.

They keep on playing the same chords over and over.

-Vijeta
 #40 
Old 2002-12-11, 23:35
exist exist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

hahaha Wow Worship, my mom got that tape for me when i was like 9.
i dont think i have listened to it but i took the plastic cover off so she would not feel bad.

im not a big fan of skater/poser rap with rock music.
that sums up most of the newish 15 min of fame music
 #41 
Old 2002-12-12, 01:14
chiqutia chiqutia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Any of those useless preppy pop groups, N*synk, Backstreet boys, Christina aguilara, Britney...all of those useless, talentless fucks!
 #42 
Old 2002-12-14, 04:36
sarin sarin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

most annoying is all that fucking dance techno shit it just keeps repeating itself and all that r&b shit like ja rule and nelly fuck its to slow and wat the fuck is the go with nelly's bandaid under his eye. that fucking boyband shit is fucked. and britney and christina sure they're hot but fuck they are shit at making music. theres nothing like fast rock.
 #43 
Old 2002-12-14, 14:49
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

quote:
Originally posted by chiqutia:
Christina aguilara, Britney...all of those useless, talentless fucks!


I'm sure Christina Agulara is pretty talented at something.

 #44 
Old 2002-12-14, 14:54
Regular
 
Dublin Ireland
Default Re: most annoying band

yeah but she only does it for �/$500 (if you know what I mean )



[This message has been edited by Daithai (edited 12-14-2002).]
 #45 
Old 2002-12-14, 14:56
AnTi-YoU AnTi-YoU is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

quote:
Originally posted by C101C:
Here Is But A Fraction Of The Garbage I Hate.

MxPx
AFI
NFG
Good Charlette
Korn
Mudvayne
Slipknot
Incubus
Eminem
Snoop Dogg
Missy Elliot
2pac
The Village People
Cindy Lauper
Modist Mouse
Saves The Day
Negitave Pony
Saves Ferris
Britney Spears
Jenifer Lopez
Avra Lavigne
Bacstreet boys
Ja Rule
Nsync
Kelly Osbourne
Cradle Of Filth
Deftones
Yoko Ono
Hole
Ann Murray
The Vines
The Hives
Aqua
Townsend
Nickelback
Static X
Blink 182
Linp Bizkit
The Police
The Church
Adam Sandler
The Exploited
Crass
Headnoise
Enrico Engleises
Rickey Martin
Metalica
Outkast
Rancid
Les Stitches
Snake River Conspiricy
Papa Roach
Kitty
Coal Chamber
Antiflag
Lunachicks
The Donnas
Machbox twenty
ICP
Big Bad VooDo Daddy
Dashboard Confessionals

And Anyone On The Following.

Songs Of Praise
Kidz Bop 1
Kidz Bop 2
Wow Worship
Now 1
Now 2
Now 3
Now 4
Now 5
Now 6
Now 7
Now 8
Now 9
Now 10
Punk -o- Rama 1
Punk -o- Rama 2
Punk -o- Rama 3
Punk -o- Rama 4
Punk -o- Rama 5

Im Suprised That This Tiny Little Excuse For A List Is All That I Could Come Up With.

-Drax




Alright... what DO you like?

 #46 
Old 2002-12-15, 15:04
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

quote:
Originally posted by D.N.S:
i hate pop punk like rancid the distillers nofx mxpx antiflag and the vandals



rancid is not pop punk by an bounds of the imagination

i hate metallica the most

 #47 
Old 2002-12-15, 18:08
jumpunderaboat jumpunderaboat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Rap, rock and all that "shit" is good but u wouldnt understand since u havent left ur house in 7months and are still listening to the beetles on tape!
 #48 
Old 2002-12-17, 01:58
devoiced devoiced is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

ide say DEFINATLY avril lavigne, and ide say most funny band ever, if you cant find anything by them is this wigger nobody band called "icy hot stuntaz"
 #49 
Old 2002-12-20, 01:16
one man riot one man riot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

Ugh i dislike all the bands on drive through records, stupid fucks, polluting kids minds with false ideas of punk rock. But what do i know? Im only 16, im sure im a poser.
 #50 
Old 2002-12-20, 05:31
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

quote:
Originally posted by The Molecular Man:
yeah, i used to breathe a lot. then i heard other people were doing it, so i stopped


lol
 #51 
Old 2002-12-20, 05:38
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

quote:
Originally posted by jumpunderaboat:
Rap, rock and all that "shit" is good but u wouldnt understand since u havent left ur house in 7months and are still listening to the beetles on tape!


of course, listening to the beatles on tape wouldn't do any harm... that's good, pure music.

although, I can't say I know why this idiot's list was THAT long, and even had a few bands that don't even belong!

People, listen up: I've been noticing a bad trend. alot of you newbies seem to think that thinking up the nastiest, most hardcore stuff, stuff that you probably really like, and then tell us that it's pop/crap and you hate it, it's really pathetic. please, don't lie to those of us who aren't quite as insecure. you don't have to act all badass even though you aren't. stop posing and whining, get a grip on reality, and be honest with yourself and others.

thank you.
 #52 
Old 2002-12-20, 13:16
ubermutant ubermutant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: most annoying band

lol ice hot stuntaz! i saw the website before those guys suck so damn bad!!!! they look like village people for the 00's
i never heard their music nor do i want to
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics