About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-25, 23:57
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default The Beatles: within you, without you

I think that this is one of the best beatles songs. the sitar is amazing and the violin is so good. what are your thoughs on this song and other songs of the beatles composed by George Harrison (Better then john lennon at composing). i am also mad that in the beatles completer anthology for easy guitar that they didn't include the songs "something" and "while my guitar gentely weeps"
 #2 
Old 2002-10-26, 06:00
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Beatles: within you, without you

Shut up, Lennon was one of the coolest people ever. But yes, I love the Beatles.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-26, 16:31
Ikba333 Ikba333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Beatles: within you, without you

I agree, Good song.
I also love the lyrics. They are so true; no one can live your life for you by trying to control itor how you feel. I wish I could remember the exact line right now!
Good song.

 #4 
Old 2002-10-26, 18:05
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Beatles: within you, without you

Lennon was talented but not in the ways of music - none of his stuff in my opinion was that good. But he was good with The Beatles.

Peace Renegade,
 #5 
Old 2002-10-26, 23:35
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Beatles: within you, without you

i agree with renegade. Harrison and McCarnteny were the genius' in the band. Ringo was just funny.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-27, 00:32
deptstoremook deptstoremook is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Beatles: within you, without you

I don't really like that one, I like the Beatles more upbeat stuff (not to say I don't enjoy Abbey road, for instance).
And I don't know what you guys are thinking. John Lennon was the real genius in that band, and anyone will back me up.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-27, 00:56
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Beatles: within you, without you

Well, it seems to me that only George and Paul had sucessful music careers after the beatles. This means that they could make the music. John Lennon was a master of Lyrics.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-27, 10:12
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Beatles: within you, without you

I didnt like any of his stuff.

Look at Imagine.

A song that could never be true and song which told a theory but the theory was false.

I understand Imagine was the key word but to me it didnt hit one heart string or pull any emotion.

Peace Renegade,
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics