About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-23, 17:22
ImbuedOne ImbuedOne is offline
Regular
 
Default Mixing music?

Anyone got any programs to mix, create, write, edit, and whatever else to your own music? I'd like to start writing some of my own using the computer, but don't have the programs to do it.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-23, 19:16
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Mixing music?

There's a multitude of them out there, many free or shareware.

Me, now, I need a specific one and the suckers over $600.

[It's a virtual mixer that has a surround sound panner; not just a stereo panpot]
 #3 
Old 2002-10-23, 19:57
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mixing music?

There are too many to list.

And meta, I feel your pain, I'm short a few hundred myself D:
 #4 
Old 2002-10-23, 22:09
Syntex Syntex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mixing music?

Give yourself discount then.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-23, 22:46
GOD_Burnsout GOD_Burnsout is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mixing music?

What's that prog. called Meta? and when did it come out?
 #6 
Old 2002-10-24, 14:33
ImbuedOne ImbuedOne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mixing music?

I currently have ModPlug Tracker, but not the knowledge how to use it, or other applications to make the type of files it needs.

Any examples and sites possibly? Or maybe a keyword to search for?

Thanx
 #7 
Old 2002-10-24, 18:02
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Mixing music?

quote:
Originally posted by GOD_Burnsout:
What's that prog. called Meta? and when did it come out?


It's called MX51, by Minnetonka.

Check it out: MX51

Note, towards the bottom of the page, the surround sound panners; they look like joystick. Those are what I need and that is the only program I've been able to find with that feature.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-24, 19:33
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mixing music?

If u wanna modifty beats try cooledit 2k
i used to make good sounding minxes on it... but now im into my own hard core production of live metal and techno.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-24, 19:50
neverland04676 neverland04676 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mixing music?

I use SONAR XL 2.0 and fruity loops 3. sonar was $600 and fruity loops was $300. you can create massivly origonal stuff with fruity loops and then mix the hell out of allready created stuff with sonar. both have incredibly unique attributes and a combo of both is ideal. sonar is quite complicated but can be figured out with a little expirementation but it takes a pro to use it to its full potential.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-29, 01:14
Rapz Prophet Rapz Prophet is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mixing music?

what other good software is good for mixing, making good turntable effects and beat making?
 #11 
Old 2002-10-30, 15:51
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mixing music?

I use Cool Edit Pro for my sound productions at college - its a really good programme and a lot of bands produced there first albums on it.

Peace Renegade,
 #12 
Old 2002-10-30, 18:32
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mixing music?

acid xpress works for me when it comes to mixing
 #13 
Old 2002-10-31, 00:43
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Mixing music?

quote:
Originally posted by Rapz Prophet:
what other good software is good for mixing, making good turntable effects and beat making?



Now mind you I am going off the title of the program [meaning I haven't tried it - though
I do have it on CD.], but wouldn't Virtual Turntables do most of what you're asking?

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics