|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| ... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music. |
 |
|
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
|
#1
 2002-10-30, 02:23
|
The_Famicommie 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Eminem's World Domination!
Fuck off LordJugz.
Am I a big punk fan? No. I love the Clash, as well as quite a few others, but that shit isn't my favorite.
Really, I don't like Eminem at all. The british label Ninja Rap has underground artists that are totally kickin.
Here's why I'm pissed. You make this stupid fucking comment about how punks are dirty, which isn't half-fucking true. Yeah, that's about as true as statements like Eminem's fans are all whitey preps who think they live a thug life. In all honesty, I'd rather hang out with a punk.
If their all trying to be different then they end up being the same.
Do you have a brain? Believe it or not, not everything in life is dualist. There is more than just black and white. There are more than two ways to express one's self. And the thing isn't even about trying to be different. It's about fighting for what you believe is right, and being yourself while your at it. But, I guess you can't comprehend these ideas.
And really punka rocka, are you braindead too? Hendrix was before my time, does that mean that I can't listen to his music? He was black, should he have written rap songs and dropped the whole acid rock thing?
If you haven't listened to much of a particular set of music, then you won't know anything about it. And no, you can't say, "I've heard four songs from five different groups, I know what's up!" It's bullshit and you know it.
I think I'm done posting here in this thread until I see an utterance of something intelligent from at least one of you two.
|
|
#2
 2002-10-30, 13:30
|
LordJugz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
Woah there buddy, slow down. Ok, did I say ALL Punks are dirty? NO! I said the ones THAT I KNOW are dirty. Right? Go back and read it again (and just skip over my spelling mistakes). Ok, and again, from what I have seen, all the punks look exactly alike. They got their patches, their vests their little sneakers (or boots). And trust me, I HAVE listened to my fair share of punk, cause when I go to Germany every summer, my cousins (who are punks) listen to punk all the time! So your whole "I've heard four songs from five different groups, I know what's up!" is bullshit if you are refering to me. Im not a narrow minded fuck like most people and I actually try to expand my mind to different musical genres and sit down and I will listen to the songs, if It doesnt amuse me, i turn it off.
|
|
#3
 2002-10-30, 23:22
|
punkrawkerstonershit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
all i said is that i did not have the chance to expirence the glory days of punk rock. Not saying that you can't listen to music before your time. I my self also listen to hendrix. I am just sick and tired of people streo typing all punk as pop. So the music is going down the shit hole. DOn't think i know a thing or two about rap, because i used to listen when i was 11 or 12. It's just that i think punk has a lot more to offer then rap. I am not saying that neither of them are wrong
|
|
#4
 2002-10-31, 03:42
|
LordJugz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
Well I dont think Punk is pop.. eventhough, there is some shit out the like Blink that is pop, and you cant really deny that. I listen to Rap and Metal cause its got the most to offer for me right now... plus I can see these people in concert unlike The Beatles or Led Zeppelin.
|
|
#5
 2002-10-31, 22:32
|
AmericanHussy203 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
I for one love eminem i like the way he speaks his mind......HE JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK............but everybody has their own opinion.
|
|
#6
 2002-11-01, 00:16
|
punkrawkerstonershit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
there a lot of people who speak their mind. Ever heard of Rage Against The Machine. They spoke out. Eminem id such a tool for the record company its not even funny. He says he doesn't like the companny but their the ones paying the bills. He has his own movie. You can't tell me that he isn't a tool for record execs? come on.
|
|
#7
 2002-11-01, 04:13
|
LordJugz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
Punkrawker, i remember him saying "But I suffocate for the respect Fore I breath the collect the fuckin check " See, most musicians CANT admit that they are in it for the money. They wanna be cool and say "oh, i do it for the music and the fans" but their actually saying "yea their great, but the check is what im really after". Why is "selling out" such a bad thing. Rage Against the Machine did speak their mind... who doesnt? Eminems movie is about HIS life and how he grew up. He had a pretty shitty life if you didnt know. I can just see you saying "well so did this person, and this person grew up bad too and they didnt sell out". Seriously, tell me what is SO bad about selling out. Oh, and by the way, Eminem has his own record label =)
|
|
#8
 2002-11-01, 07:06
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
He has skills. Skills are going to waste, because he doesn't have anything to say.
'nuff said
|
|
#9
 2002-11-01, 13:29
|
LordJugz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
Yea, ok tiger, go listen to the Latest CD all the way through. You will even miss half of the shit 1st time you hear it.
|
|
#10
 2002-11-02, 01:40
|
punkrawkerstonershit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
I have a shitty life. A lot of my friends have shitty lives. Does that mean i am going to bitch and moan about it and make a movie. No. Eminem is a TOOL for the record companies. ALL the little kids love eminem cuz they think that they are being rebellious by listening to them
|
|
#11
 2002-11-02, 16:03
|
LordJugz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
ALL the little kids? Ok, Im guessing your white right? Now you go try to be one of THE BEST rap artists in the countr.... world. THEN you CAN if you want make a movie about your life.
|
|
#12
 2002-11-02, 17:25
|
punkrawkerstonershit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
So still if he is a good artist why does he have to make a movie. If he's got "skills" then that should carry him.
|
|
#13
 2002-11-03, 02:18
|
LordJugz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
His skillz have carried him, and still are. Right now he is working on a D-12 Album, 50 Cent ablum, and i believe Obi-Trice too. Hes using what he has in his grip to the fullest.
|
|
#14
 2002-11-06, 03:04
|
Raf_the_Penguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
Fuck eminem. moaning like a 14 yr old teenygoth bout how bad your life is doesnt qualify as content.
|
|
#15
 2002-11-06, 22:25
|
LordJugz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
Raf, what do you listen to? And he doesnt talk about how bad his life is ALL the time. So shut up, and sit down.
|
|
#16
 2002-11-07, 00:58
|
|
Regular
|
|
The land of milk and honey
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
Yep, tigers right. He's got skills, but they go to waste cause he raps about bullshit. And jugz, he isn't even close to the best rapper in the country. I heard his new cd, and wasn't too impressed, and yes, I could understand all of it, off the bat. Most of the "freestyles", Iv'e heard of his on the wake up show (if you like hip hop, you gotta be familiar with the wake up show), were like 80 percent pre written lines from his songs (for example "this place is my house, I might as well erase my face with white out"). See? Eminem may be good, but he's not great, and the subject matter sucks, but it sells.
There are so many rappers that could rip eminem to shreds in a battle, eyedea, adem, slug, etc. So, the moral is, listen to underground hip hop like atmosphere and not eminem, go download tears for the sheep by atmosphere and you'll see what I mean.
|
|
#17
 2002-11-07, 22:16
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
quote: Originally posted by punkrawkerstonershit: micheal jackson is the oppisate of a wigger. he is a black guy who wants to be white. I think his music is ok though back when he did thriller and beat it
Mike Jackson is a orero cookie in reverse.
|
|
#18
 2002-11-07, 22:21
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
quote: Originally posted by punkrawkerstonershit: I have a shitty life. A lot of my friends have shitty lives. Does that mean i am going to bitch and moan about it and make a movie. No
Mabye you should. Look at slim shady. He bitched alot and boom he is rich. He is one of the few people I know of who bitched and moaned and made alot money off of it without suing any one. Then when you get rich by bitching and moaning you have alot of money. Then you wouldnt have any thing to complain about.
|
|
#19
 2002-11-14, 19:14
|
Vidimidi 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
So am u still waiting for this world tostop hating? Can't find a good reason...(sum 41) I like punk. Souls escaping through this hole that is gaping this world in mine for the takin. Make me king as we....(Eminem) I like rap. Look we are all entitled to our own opinions and plz don't criticize me but can't we all just get along? Let's agree to disagree! !!!Canadians Rock!!! Remember my opinion! Haha! See ya soo! Or maybe not!
|
|
#20
 2002-11-23, 00:44
|
outcast234 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Eminem's World Domination!
quote: Originally posted by LordJugz: Punk is about having your own identity? Im sorry, but all punks look alike, and sound alike to me. If their all trying to be different then they end up being the same. Plus, the punks I know, they have to personal hygene, they should try showering atleast every 2 days and maybe wash their clothes. Im happy d0m agrees that he has skill. And have you noticed how every song eminem has collaborated on with other artists are actually good? Without Eminem i dont think the other members from D-12 would have made it very far. Oh, and the Beatles were pop back then, the teen girls back then reacted to the Beatles the same way the teen girls now react to Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears. Pop isnt really a bad word, maybe for you punks, but one of the greatest (in my own opinion) artists ever was Michael Jackson who is a pop star and has made his fair share of amazing songs.
just because you think all punks look alike but you miss the big picute.. punk dye there hair and dress differnt then everyone but other punks. and if you knew punks instead of just skirtin away from them then maybe you'll see that they are all differnt in there own way. Outcast
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|