About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-22, 02:15
d0m d0m is offline
Regular
 
Default routine turntable maintenance

what regular check ups do u do to youre tables and mixer to make sure they stay in good shape?
 #2 
Old 2002-10-23, 20:03
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: routine turntable maintenance

Turntables...I just take the thing apart (not the actual mechanism that runs it, just the easy to take off things), clean everything, make sure there isn't half of a record stuck in some crack. Then, before finishing the turntables, I go onto the mixer.

Once again, I make sure everythings clean. Then, I tweak all the knobs, slides, etc to make sure everything moving smoothlty, then I play something through it at max volume (well, as high as I can and not damage anything ). While doing this I basically give the thing a good work out and listen closely for cracks, distortion, pops, and make sure everything checks out.

I usually do all of this before every set I do.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics