About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-20, 03:00
johnny_3087 johnny_3087 is offline
Regular
 
Default Had our first concert tonight

I know that probably nobody cares, but my band had its first show tonight and it went really well. It was in our good friend's backyard, but it still went well. I just have the urge to share my joy with others. If any of you have been in bands, you probably know what I'm talking about. There was this guy there from another band, and he asked us if we would open for their next show. I am excited to go far. There, now I've gotten some of my joy out, I will depart from your presence. Later

Johnny
 #2 
Old 2002-10-20, 03:02
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Had our first concert tonight

My bands first gig was just horrible.

Every thing we could have screwed up, we did.

But it was still fun :P
 #3 
Old 2002-10-20, 04:01
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Had our first concert tonight

My band's first gig was the one we got the best response at. We got really hyped up somehow and the crowd, after watching a bunch of emo and pop punk bands play, exploded when we got on. That was one of like, 3 good shows we played before I got booted out.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-20, 04:02
jack's missing mind jack's missing mind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Had our first concert tonight

Congratulations btw. ANd one more thing, keep in mind, and remind your bandmates, its bros before hoes and band before broes.

I'm not joking.

That's the main reason my band got so fucked up.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-20, 19:45
johnny_3087 johnny_3087 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Had our first concert tonight

Shit. I had it all the other way around. Take it from me. If you take the hoes before bros path, you will lose a lot of friends really quick. The band is coming first and foremost lately, though. I don't think she's too happy about it. Oh well.

Johnny
 #6 
Old 2002-10-21, 20:59
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Had our first concert tonight

Congradulations. That's really cool. I don't remember my really first show, but my first show with a band was really kind of nightmarish because the material was absolutely horrible and the audience seemed to love it. There was even a mosh pit. But, I practically wanted to cry because I couldn't stand it.

So, that's great that your first show went smoothly.

Cheers,
Lost
 #7 
Old 2002-10-21, 21:24
teNsiOn heAd teNsiOn heAd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Had our first concert tonight

Not been in a band myself, and although I wasn't at their first gig, I love watching a friend's band play... their gigs usually go down pretty well. Hope things end up going as you plan!
 #8 
Old 2002-10-21, 22:00
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Had our first concert tonight

Well done keep up the good work pal.

Peace Renegade,
 #9 
Old 2002-10-21, 22:29
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Had our first concert tonight

quote:
Originally posted by djsam:
My bands first gig was just horrible.

Every thing we could have screwed up, we did.

But it was still fun :P



Yea same with my band man. because of me basically the whole band sucked.

But we were entertaining to watch so i guess that covered up and we got the most applause(probly from pity, lol) But hey i had fun and we can work on improvements.

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics